67 year-old Sabine Morceau left her home in Hainault Erquelinnes, Belgium on January 12th intending to pick up a friend in Brussels, 90 miles away. After switching on her GPS, Morceau tuned out and followed the machines instructions. Two days later, she found herself in Zagreb, Croatia.
“I was distracted, so I kept driving,” Moreau told Spanish newspaper El Mundo “I saw all kinds of traffic signs, first in French, then German and finally in Croatian, but I kept driving because I was distracted. Suddenly I appeared in Zagreb and I realized I wasn’t in Belgium anymore.”
2. Sabine Morceau’s journey across Europe:
3. To put that into perspective, that’s approximately the equivalent of a drive from New York City to Nashville:
4. Or Los Angeles to Roswell:
5. It’s 200 miles longer than a trip across Great Britain:
6. Slightly shorter than a drive from Brisbane to Melbourne:
7. And a little further than the distance from Winnipeg to Calgary:
8. The only thing that would make this story better is if she spent the trip listening to this song:
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.