1. A bystander’s video of the cheese inferno:
A truckload containing 59,000 pounds of burning goat cheese has blocked off a Norwegian tunnel for the past six days. The cheese in question, a brown caramelized goat cheese known as Brunost, caught fire as it was being transported through the Brattli Tunnel in Tysfjord, northern Norway, last week. The fire was extinguished Monday, but officials warn that the toxic gases emitted by the burning cheese may keep the tunnel closed for the next week. No injuries have been reported.
“I didn’t know that brown cheese burns so well,” Kjell Bjoern Vinje of the Norwegian Public Roads Administration told Reuters.
He confirmed that this was the first time cheese had caught fire on Norwegian roads in his fifteen years of experience.
3. Brunost is a caramelized goat cheese made from whey. Its flammability is due to its high concentration of fat and sugar.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀