1. Hawaiian surfer Garrett McNamara set the world record for biggest wave ever ridden back in November 2011, when he tamed a 78-foot monster. McNamara reportedly broke his own record by riding this 100-foot wave on Monday in Nazaré, Portugal:
2. This (incomplete) video of McNamara’s ride illustrates just how high the waves were in Nazaré on Monday:
3. For reference, this is a picture of McNamara surfing the 78-foot wave that currently holds the world record:
4. Garrett McNamara, 47, Guinness world record holder, insane person:
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀