1. Hawaiian surfer Garrett McNamara set the world record for biggest wave ever ridden back in November 2011, when he tamed a 78-foot monster. McNamara reportedly broke his own record by riding this 100-foot wave on Monday in Nazaré, Portugal:
2. This (incomplete) video of McNamara’s ride illustrates just how high the waves were in Nazaré on Monday:
3. For reference, this is a picture of McNamara surfing the 78-foot wave that currently holds the world record:
4. Garrett McNamara, 47, Guinness world record holder, insane person:
- Donald Trump's supporters think his comments about Miss Universe are no big deal.
- This is no illusion: Lady Gaga confirmed she's headlining the Super Bowl halftime show in February 🏈🎉
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.