1. Unless you’re a hard-core member of the CumberCollective, you’ve probably never heard of Little Favour, an independent short film starring Benedict Cumberbatch that just released its first trailer.
3. When the campaign ended, Cumberbatch posted a video thanking everyone who donated to the project.
4. According to the film’s Indiegogo page, Little Favour “follows the story of WALLACE (Cumberbatch) when he is contacted by a former colleague to help him out with a deal gone wrong.” The short was written and directed by first-timer Patrick Victor Monroe.
“Its been 7 years since he left Her Majesty’s service and 10 years since the American Counter part who became his friend, saved his life on a joint mission in Iraq. He’s migrated his skill set into a lucrative business while managing to keep his secret battle with PTSD under wraps. One day, while finally deciding to try his hand at a functional relationship, his old friend JAMES cashes in his chip and asks a LITTLE FAVOUR. How could he refuse when he owes the man his life?”
6. The short is the first project of production company SunnyMarch, which Cumberbatch founded in 2012 with producers Adam Ackland, Ben Dillon, and Adam Selves.
@adamackland and I watching out first shot together, memories !
8. Producer Adam Ackland — one of Cumberbatch’s close friends — has been posting teaser images from the set for months.
@BenDillon_ @nowthing @nigelsoundspeed #LittleFavour #teaser #notastuntdouble