6. UPDATE: As some of you suspected, “Anne of Green Gables” is in the public domain.
Quill and Quire explains:
Montgomery’s books entered the public domain in 1992, 50 years after her death in 1942. However, the Anne of Green Gables Licensing Authority, owned by the province of Prince Edward Island and Montgomery’s heirs, Ruth Macdonald and David Macdonald, still protects the “words and images depicting the fictional characters, places and events described in Montgomery’s novel Anne of Green Gables and related novels.”
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he'll move on to other issues.
- The Republican health care bill is "anti-woman," said the president of Planned Parenthood, whose organization would be defunded by the legislation.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍