1. Use a Russian-made "Skygrabber" device to infiltrate the drone's waves and frequencies. This will allow you to know the drone's mission.
2. Use radio transmitters to jam the frequencies used to control the drone and disrupt the GPS signal. "The Mujahideen have had successful experiments using the Russian-made 'Racal' device."
3. Spread reflective pieces of glass on tops of cars or on the roofs of buildings for camouflage.
4. Use a group of skilled snipers to hunt and shoot down drones. Focus on the reconnaissance drones because they fly closer to the ground, often as low as 6 kilometers or less.
5. Disrupt electronic communication using an "ordinary water-lifting dynamo" (an electric pump) fitted with a 30-meter copper pole.
6. Jam electronic communication devices by running old equipment -- with strong frequencies -- at all times. These are tactics "similar to [those] used by the Yugoslav army when they used the microwave [oven] to attract and confuse the NATO missiles."
7. Discover the presence of drones through well-placed reconnaissance networks and "warn all the formations to halt any movement in the area."
8. Use "general confusion methods" and do not establish permanent headquarters.
9. Hide from being directly or indirectly spotted, especially at night.
10. Hide under thick trees because they are the best cover against the planes.
11. Stay in places unlit by the sun such as the shadows of buildings or trees.
12. Maintain complete silence of all "wireless contacts."
13. Disembark from vehicles and keep away from them, especially when being chased or during combat.
14. Deceive the drone "by entering places of multiple entrances and exits."
15. Use underground shelters, because the missiles fired by drone planes are usually fragmented anti-personnel missiles and not "anti-buildings".
16. Avoid gathering in open areas. In urgent cases, meet in a building with multiple doors and exits.
17. Form anti-espionage groups to look for spies and agents of the enemy.
18. Trick the enemy into targeting fake gatherings. Use dolls and statues to mislead them.
19. When you discover that a drone is after a car, everyone should leave the car immediately and go in different directions because the planes are unable to get after everyone.
20. Use natural barricades like forests and caves when there is an urgent need for training or gathering for a meeting.
21. In frequently-targeted areas, use smoke as a cover by burning tires.
22. Leaders and those sought after should not use communications equipment because the enemy usually keeps a voice tag through which the enemy can identify the speaking person and then locate him.
Ellie Hall is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, DC. Her secure PGP fingerprint is 6055 A264 DADD AADC 347E 5986 547C C11C DD7D 176A.
Contact Ellie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.