1. The men and women rebuilding One World Trade Center have been encouraged to sign their names and scrawl messages on the iron and concrete beams of the new skyscraper.
4. Many of the messages pay tribute to those who died on Sept. 11th, 2001.
7. Doodles and sketches are scattered amongst the names.
9. Government officials have left their mark on the new building as well. Michael Chertoff, former director of Homeland Security, left these words on a steel column to be placed on the 104th floor.
10. President Barack Obama signed one of the beams with the notes: “We remember,” ”We rebuild,” and “We come back stronger!”
17. The graffiti will be covered as the building nears completion. One World Trade Center is scheduled to open in 2014.
- Iraqi forces have launched an offensive to take back ISIS-held Fallujah. About 50,000 civilians are trapped in the city.
- Yep. Marco Rubio said he's sorry for implying Donald Trump has a small penis.
- Chad's ex-ruler Hissene Habre has been convicted of crimes against humanity in a groundbreaking trial in Senegal.