1. "If you ask a parent of an autistic child if they want the measles or the autism, we will stand in line for the fucking measles."
2. "The reason why [parents] are not vaccinating is because the vaccines are not safe. Make a better product and then parents will vaccinate."
4. "I do believe sadly it’s going to take some diseases coming back to realize that we need to change and develop vaccines that are safe."
5. "Time magazine's article on the autism debate reports that the experts are certain 'vaccines don't cause autism; they don't injure children; they are the pillar of modern public health.' I say, 'that's a lie and we're sick of it.'"
6. "Yes, a wave of 12 children with measles in San Diego is a troubling thing. But, there are more than 20,000 children in San Diego with autism! 20,000 vs. 12?"
8. "Almost all kids get — injected toxins — very early in life, and our own government clearly acknowledges vaccines cause brain damage in certain vulnerable kids."
9. "What number does it have to be for everyone to start listening to what the mothers of children who have autism have been saying for years, which is ... We vaccinated our baby and SOMETHING happened. SOMETHING happened. Why won't anyone believe us?"
10. "If the vaccine companies are not listening to us, it's their fucking fault that the diseases are coming back. They're making a product that's shit. If you give us a safe vaccine, we'll use it. It shouldn't be polio versus autism."
11. "Moms and pregnant women are coming up to me on the street going, 'I don't know what to do'... And I don't know what to tell them, because I am surely not going to tell anyone to vaccinate. But if I had another child, there's no way in hell."
Ellie Hall is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, DC. Her secure PGP fingerprint is 6055 A264 DADD AADC 347E 5986 547C C11C DD7D 176A.
Contact Ellie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.