33 Workout Products That Sweaty People Swear By
Breaking a sweat doesn't mean you have to slip and slide on your yoga mat or drop a kettle bell on your foot.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A racerback muscle tank to help you stay covered without feeling like your sweaty top is melding with your skin.
FYI, if you have you have Amazon Prime Wardrobe, you can give this a spin before you buy it!
Promising review: "These are pretty fun workout shirts. They're perfect for high intensity, hot and sweaty workouts, like cycling and tabata exercises. The side openings make you look like a fierce warrior." —Jessica B
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $23.79+ (available in XS–XL and 10 color combinations).
2. An Under Armour cloth face mask built for workouts, which is excellent news now that we're in the season that walking outside can feel like a sweaty workout itself.
Promising review: "This is a really great mask, well worth the price. It can have some comfort issues with temple pull but those are common on all cloth masks I've seen. It really shines in moisture resistance, I (a very sweaty guy) can run about 3 miles in a hot gym before it becomes infeasible to breath. Any less strenuous workout, or workout in a cooler location can be continued indefinitely. If you need to workout or do anything strenuous while wearing a mask I highly recommend spending the money to get this one." —Justin Kilpatrick
Get it from Amazon for $14.90+ (available in sizes XS/S–XL/XXL and eight colors).
3. Glow-in-the-dark LED bands that anyone who goes for a run or walk early in the morning or late at night should own. They fit on your arms or ankles and help others see you in the the dark. Safety first!
Promising review: "Really bright and they stay put even on sweaty arms. Easily adjustable. Very lightweight so you won't even know they are there. They came with their button cell batteries already installed — plus spare batteries! Great for pre-dawn and night runs. Would be good for camping and trick-or-treating too." —Dizzy Garfield
Get a set of two from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in 10 colors).
4. An anti-chafing balm for major help for just walking around doing normal things. But! It's even more helpful in preventing painful chafing, blisters, or irritation during workouts thanks to its non-greasy, moisture-repelling layer. I've used this and it WORKS.
5. A pack of clinical-strength antiperspirant wipes made to keep you from excessively sweating for up to a week! A. WEEK!
Promising review: "OMG!!!! Little miracle!! I am so amazed with this product! I'm on day 5 and just finished a fierce high cardio plus weights workout! My forehead is raining, and my back and other common sweaty places, but my armpits are bone dry!! Wows!! My new friend:)" —Tina Gardner
Get 10 wipes from Amazon for $19.99.
6. A two-piece workout set that'll make appearance or five on your 'gram. It's made of a moisture-wicking compression material that's still stretchy enough to keep you comfy for your HIIT workouts. Or at least as comfortable as you can be while doing 20 burpees in a row.
Promising review: "Awesome! My expectations were pretty low for a one size set off Amazon haha but this is so cute and great! Nice seamless fabric. I sweat so much during a workout and it didn’t show at all! Highly recommend. Going to definitely get another color!" —Samibartlett
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and five colors).
7. A set of Bala Bangles, which is really just fancy talk for wrist/ankle weights you won't mind showing off on social. I use them to add a bit of an extra oomph to my fave Tone It Up app workouts (not that the workouts weren't already tough!) and they just look really nice, OK?!
I've bought, used, and then promptly forgotten about wrist/ankle weights before but I ADORE these. They're really nice looking (as you can see) and I've never had trouble with them coming off my wrists or ankles during HIIT workouts. The band of Velcro is pretty generous so they easily fit around my (quite small) wrists and from the looks of it, a range of reviewers have found success with them.
Get them from Amazon for $49 (available in four colors).
8. A Neutrogena SPF 70 face sunscreen that'll stick with ya' on sweaty runs, beach days, and even outdoor wrestling tournaments. You NEED sunscreen.
Promising review: "My 13-year-old son is on medication for acne that makes him sunburn easier than a ginger at a sunny beach. This past weekend he had an outdoor wrestling tournament and I put this on him (and his ginger 6-year-old brother that also wrestles) and no sunburn. He was sweaty from wrestling and neither he nor the 6-year-old complained of stinging eyes from sunblock sweating into them. I used it as well and it didn't even feel like sunblock on my face. It was great. I will continue buying this because it works well and doesn't feel like gross sunblock on our skin. It truly is sweat resistant, and runs in easily. I haven't yet to try it out for swimming, but if it doesn't work for that, I will edit my review."—S.R.
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
9. A stretchy, moisture-wicking Under Armour thong as a comfy option for those super sweaty HIIT classes where you wear leggings and want zero panty lines.
10. Or seamless hipster briefs that'll help wick away moisture, block odors, and even prevent chafing on the sweatiest of hiking trips.
Promising review: "My regular size fit me perfectly! These make me feel comfortable, don't have bulky lines, done ride up or slide down, and truly do a great job of wicking! I wore them for a three-day backpacking trip, and washed them overnight. They did their job with odor control as the day progressed, and although slower than the Exofficio panties, these still dried fairly quickly so that I could wear them the next day. Although slightly bulkier/heavier than the Exofficio panties, these definitely retained their shape, kept me supported throughout, did their job of wicking away sweat, and most importantly — did not chafe on the long hikes!!! By far my favorite workout panties!!!!" —Abi Saeed
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and four color combos).
11. A thick yoga mat that won't have you slipping or sliding around.
Promising review: "I get very sweaty when I workout, and the grip on this mat is great. I slide significantly less now than with my previous mat. This fits my needs perfectly for when I’m following along with HIIT or other exercise videos on YouTube." —Chloe A.
Get it from Amazon for $23.76+ (available in 40 styles).
12. And a mat towel big enough to block your WHOLE yoga mat from the sweat that seems to be coming out of every single pore in your body. And this isn't even hot yoga!
Promising review: "I'm quite the sweaty yogi so I use this towel on top of a mat (happens to be a Lulu mat) in power vinyasa classes (room temp around 80 degrees). I have not used it in a hot (room temp 100 degrees) vinyasa class. It might work very well for someone who sweats less — but I use a thicker towel for absorbency in hot flow. I don't have any problems with the towel moving too much or bunching up. Really. It's been a great buy." —Maria Ratliff
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in six colors).
And to read more about this yoga towel, check out Just 11 Things You Might Want To Try In October (#6).
13. A water-activated cooling towel made of soft microfiber you'll want to take with you on bike rides, runs, any outdoor workouts really. And, come to think of it, indoor workouts too! Plus, reviewers who work outside cite this as a huge help for beating the heat.
14. Or a cooling bandana you can wear around your neck or forehead while doing outdoorsy, sweaty things. Or maybe even doing indoorsy, sweaty things.
I've been super sweaty indoors LOTS of times.
Promising review: "My 4-year-old uses it for T-ball, he has long hair and gets sweaty so this keep him cool and hair off his face. My 10-year-old uses it around his neck at school recess." —Got it :)
Get it from Amazon for $4.14+ (available in 10 colors).
15. A longline sports bra made with moisture-wicking material that reviewers say makes it perfect for just going about your day or getting in an extremely sweaty workout.
It can be used as a sports bra under your clothes or worn on its own as a tank top.
Promising review: "This tank is IDEAL for everyday wear as well as workout. You can honestly dress it up with a necklace and make it look fancy. The fabric is so soft and stretchy. Thick fabric holds you in, but isn't hot or sweaty at all. The built-in bra is perfect for any chest, meaning you won't need a bra. It is almost like a long sports bra as far as the hold, but the comfort is on another level. I have the green and navy and they are always the first to be used throughout my week." —Gabby
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in women's sizes S–2XL and 19 colors)
16. Or a sports bra made to fit a range of different body types and keep boobs exactly where you want them — not jiggling around while you do high knees. And the reviewers also say that it's SUPER easy to peel off after a sweaty workout.
Shefit is a woman-founded business that has been making customizable sports bras since 2010. You can customize not only the fit of the bra but also the support. In this specific bra, the straps can be adjusted and also worn as an X-back or H-back. Plus, sizes 1Luxe and up have 1.25 inches of extra padding in the straps. The bra also has has a 2-inch bust band that works to stabilize the breast tissue and make it more comfortable, no matter how hard your workout is.
Promising review: "Perfect for sweaty workouts! This is the best sports bra I have ever worn! Perfect for running! It has adjustable straps and it’s easy to put on and take off after a sweaty workout! I would highly recommend!!" —Jackie H.
Get it from Shefit for $69 (available in sizes XS–6Luxe and in nine styles).
17. A set of kettlebells that'll have you swinging through your workout without any slippery accidents. (Remember that scene from Broad City with Abbi, the kettlebell, and the mirror? Oof.)
18. Moisture-wicking athletic socks so you won't even have to think about the possibility of your feet slipping and sliding during a run. Also the nice lil' heel tab keeps them from riding down.
Each pack comes with six pairs of socks.
Promising review: "Really love that they're so soft and stretch really comfortable! I have sweaty feet and these socks do a good job of keeping me comfortable, until the end of the day." —Ruth Javier Ramirez
Get six pairs of socks from Amazon for $18.99 (available in six color sets).
19. A matte-finish setting spray ready to lock in your makeup to help avoid touchups throughout the day, even if your day involves an outdoor workout class. OK so this is *not* really a workout item, but obviously comes in handy for such!
I've used this before and, tbh, it stacks up to the much pricier luxury setting sprays.
Promising review: "I’ve been using this for a while, but finally needed to write a review. This morning, I put my makeup on and did some generous sprays of this setting spray. Then, I went into the 100+ degree heat and demonstrated a short workout at an outdoor event. Despite drinking as much water as I could handle, I overheated quickly and EMS had to come to my rescue. Between my boyfriend and EMS, there was a small crowd around me: literally pouring ice water on me; mopping my face and neck with cold towels; pressing ice packs on me. This continued for a while and I was sure that my makeup was gone, but this spray kept my face mostly intact!
If this spray can keep my makeup on through an encounter with EMS and being essentially submerged in ice water, it can keep yours on through your (hopefully less eventful) day!" —Bugaboo
Get it from Amazon for $8.49.
20. A pair of high-waisted shorts any runners will be glad to add to their hoard of workout gear. Plus the pockets on the sides means you don't have to rely on an arm band or fanny pack to carry your essentials.
Promising review: "I have a muscular built, especially in my legs, and some padding on top of that. So finding running shorts that stay high around my waist and don’t ride up in my legs is not easy. I have run in these shorts three times (4, 5, and 7 miles) when it was hot and sweaty. These shorts were AWESOME! They stayed up on my belly and the shorts didn’t ride up. They are comfortable and no rubbing spots discovered after. The pockets are a nice size and held my small water bottle (flip belt small sized bottle) without falling out. I don’t usually write reviews on clothes, but in case there are fellow chubby runners out there looking for specifics like me, I wanted to let you all know 😁. I will be getting another pair or two." —ChubbyRunner
Get them from Amazon for $17.99 (available in sizes XS–3X and in 49 length and color combinations).
21. A tank top with a built-in bra that'll actually keep you supported (even if you have a larger bust) during all sorts of movement.
22. A pair of Powerbeats wireless headphones will help you tune out nearby noise and focus on your workout...and maybe that true crime podcast you're listening to while squatting. (Somewhat related: I'm loving Bailey Sarian's new Dark History podcast for that!)
Promising review: "I LOVE these headphones! As a runner it's hard to find comfortable headphones that stay in place for long, sweaty runs. These things are great. They come with three or four sizes of ear pieces so you can find one that fits perfect for your ear. I hardly even notice them on my ears while I run either. I will say in the cooler months I try to wear ear covers and some that I have don't work well when wearing these. If the ear cover is too tight, it was push on the button on the headphones and skip songs or pause. I don't think that is a bad thing about the headphones though, the touchy buttons are nice when I'm trying to skip songs and I'm running and don't want to spend a lot of effort to skip. Also, work GREAT for phone calls. I can talk to people on a run and they hear me just fine, no issues." —Ashley
Get them from Amazon for $169.95 (available in eight colors).
Read our full review of the Powerbeats headphones here (#4).
23. A slim running belt that'll stay where you want it *and* protect your phone from your buckets of sweat.
Note that while this is sweatproof, it's splash-proof rather than waterproof...meaning that you shouldn't take it for a swim our out in a downpour.
Promising review: "This has been great. I have been very sweaty and my phone was safe. It was comfortable and easy to use!" —Kristine K Kellerhals
Get it from Amazon for $12.89.
24. Deodorizer balls can keep all your workout shoes that, well, get super sweaty in fighting shape. They work to absorb odor-causing bacteria while you're at rest.
Promising review: "As a fitness instructor, I have many shoes, and they get sweaty! With that comes unpleased smells that need to be addressed. This addresses them and makes them smell great! You won't regret these little guys." —Tyson Peltz
Get a pack of three pairs from Amazon for $8.60+ (available in 11 colors).
25. A pair of supportive yoga blocks that won't have you slipping and sliding while you're trying to focus on holding that pose.
26. A pair of patterned high-waisted leggings with 25% Spandex that fitness instructors swear by in the comments. These'll take you from that sweaty (but fun!) hip-hop dance class to weight lifting to basically anything else that requires movement.
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE these! I’m a fitness instructor, and I get extremely sweaty. You cannot see the sweat with these pants, at least in this print, and that’s awesome! One other thing I love about them when I squat down, it doesn’t spread out to where the fabric lightens. Game-changer! They are extremely high waisted, and they stay in place! after I taught my hip-hop class, I went and lifted weights, and they did great for that also. They’re extremely soft. They do not feel like the Lululemon Align (Nulu) pants, but I feel like that will make them hold up a little longer. They have a bit more of a spandex feel but with these particular leggings, it doesn’t bother me at all!" —Steph
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and 15 prints).
27. An all-natural yoga mat cleaner spray can help clean and kill off any funk from your lunchtime workout. Plus the nice lavender scent doesn't hurt!
Asutra is a WOC-owned brand that makes affordable natural self-care products from organic plants, minerals, and essential oils. They're made *without* parabens, phthalates, or petroleum. This spray is made from tea tree oil to help kill funk-causing bacteria on your mat. Plus! This comes with a microfiber cleaning towel!
Promising review: "After a long session of hot yoga my yoga towel was drenched and the mat was sweaty as a result. Sprayed enough of this cleaner to cover the entire 7-foot oversized mat, and I could smell fresh lavender from the essential oil inside the cleaner from more than 15 feet away. Next time I'll try spraying it on the included microfiber cloth and then patting down the yoga mat. It would definitely last longer for more uses this way. Product works well and gives me a nice clean scent without chemicals. I would buy this again." —Raymond
Get it from Amazon for $13.99 (available in seven scents).
28. A weighted slam ball to help get out some aggression (or at least for me!) while in your overly sweaty fitness sesh...without slipping and sliding out of your hands.
Promising review: "Quality slam ball for a great price. I purchased the 25lb. I’ve been using it for a month or so, many slams, and it’s still intact. Nice and grippy even in very mois— eh, sweaty hands. It’s been sitting out in the sun everyday (I’m in California and yes it’s been in the 100s nonstop) quite durable, it’s held up just fine! Get the ball, it’s worth it!" —Angelica
Get it from Amazon for $30.79+ (available in nine sizes and three colors).
29. Boxing hand wraps you'll wanna give a spin if you just can't with your sweaty hands inside boxing gloves. Plus, they just look badass!
Psst, reviewers who are beginners to boxing say that these work well for them.
Promising review: "So far these are working out just fine. I've been using them now in my boxing class for a couple of weeks and I have no complaints. I no longer like using the heavy boxing gloves for my class because they've become so cumbersome and sweaty. With these I don't need help putting them on and quite frankly, they look a bit more badass than the pink EverLast gloves I used to wear. They protect my hands and don't bother me, that is, they don't feel stiff or scratchy. It took a few times of wearing them for me to get the tension just as I like it. Recommended!" —Posh Gypsy
Get them from Amazon for $7.99 (available in eight colors).
30. Grippy yoga socks that'll help keep you steadier than with your sweaty bare feet as you practice yoga, barre, and other workouts.
31. An Under Armour sports bra with full coverage can help keep your boobs in place and help you concentrate on keeping up with those YouTube workout dance moves instead of not getting slapped in the face.
Promising review: "One of the easiest sports bras to get on and off when damp/sweaty. It's normally a nightmare to get a sports bra on after I take a shower...I end up sweaty again, lol. This one is pretty easy. It keeps the babes contained and happy." —Rose Patton
Get it from Amazon for $28 (available in sizes XS–XL and 17 colors).
32. Athletic headbands will create a sweat barrier between your head and your eyes.
Promising review: "Great for workouts! I tend to sweat A LOT so these really help. No more sweat in my eyes or on my shirt. They hold all my sweat ( after it can be a bit gross with all the sweat it holds). I wash them after every use in my washing machine and they hold their shape. I have thick hair and they move slightly depending on the movement but with a quick readjustment they work fine." —Marisol Flores
Get a set of 10 from Amazon for $17.99.
33. Zip-up bike shorts you'll wanna wear to your workouts...and for everything else. I think I just solved your WFH summer fashion problems.
DAMIHOW is a Black woman-owned UK-based biz that specializes in really stylish workout gear in women's and men's sizes.
Promising review: "Quality is amazing and the material is sweat-proof AND durable. Such a good length as well!" —Elena D.
Get them from DAMIHOW for $29 (available in sizes XS–XL).
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.