We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales from the links on this page.
4. Make a mismatched sofa and chairs work by sticking to the same fabric and style. Go bold with the colors!
Check out Domino’s guide on buying a couch here.
7. Think UP when it comes to mantel art for an interesting vignette and bigger-feeling space.
Learn how to make this vintage-style wall art on The Gathered Home here.
8. Make an easy gallery wall look pulled together by putting all your random art into coordinating frames.
Get a set of 10 picture frames from Amazon for $35.04+. / Available in four colors.
10. Choose wisely when it comes to wood finishes on furniture. Teak, oak, walnut, rosewood, and natural cherry look pricey.
Avoid any stuff that looks too shiny or unnatural. This dining set hits the mark with a deep wood finish that doesn’t look cheap. Check out the rest of Bri’s home tour on Designlovefest here.
12. Hang curtains at just the right height, aka somewhere around 6 to 12 inches above the window frame.
Check out MyDomaine’s must-know decorating rules here.
13. Have at least three “layers” of lighting in every room, like overhead, task lighting, mood lighting, etc.
14. Leave at least 12 inches between furniture pieces for people to walk — which is doable in even this studio apartment.
Check out the full apartment tour on The Everygirl here.
17. Let in lots of light without compromising your color scheme with sheer white and colorful curtain panels.
See the full home tour on Sincerely, Sara D. here.
18. Play with the same pattern in different colors to keep things interesting. Test the waters with polka dots.
20. Style any open shelving for the perfect #shelfie and use it as an opp to display that diptyque candle you’re scared to light.
Well all know those candles are potent enough that you can get away with not lighting them for a while anyway. See more shelfies on Le Zoe Musings here.
Get Diptyque candles from Nordstrom for $32+.
23. And finally, add a faux-fur accent for a high-end look that says the person who signed off on it cared zilch about practicality.
It’ll be our wildly practical little secret.
Get it from Gilt for $24. / Available in three colors.
If you can’t see the signup box above, just go here to sign up for the BuzzFeed Gift Guide newsletter!
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯🗒
- Infowars founder Alex Jones was dealt a legal blow after a judge ruled in favor of his ex-wife in the custody battle of their three children.
- Beginning in 2018, prescription drugs will be free for anyone under the age of 25 in Ontario, Canada, says the government 💊🇨🇦
- President Trump can order himself a Coke with the simple push of a red button installed at his desk in the Oval Office 🔴