2. Swap out your heavy curtains for lighter curtains to take advantage of all the natural light in a room where you don't sleep. (Shout out to blackout curtains for bedrooms!)
3. Or at the very least, wash those curtains that've been hanging up all winter and collecting dust!
And if you don't have any you *can* wash, there are a ton of machine-washable curtains on Amazon.
4. Try out a foaming garbage disposal cleaner you simply throw in your sink (the whole packet!), turn on the water, and watch fizz up as it does the tough work below on all the gunk that OTHER PEOPLE have let build up in your disposal. You don't see them overzealously dumping, but you KNOW it's happening.
Promising review: "Saw on TikTok (don’t judge) and automatically added to cart. So easy to use, takes probably a minute to fully bubble up and clean, and you’re left with a clean sink! I use with other drain cleaning products, but would 100% recommend for weekly maintenance." —Jessica Hamilton
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $8.50.
5. Refinish tired metal furniture with some rust-stopping spray paint for a weekend afternoon project that'll have substantial payoff. Just look at that zhuzhed garden trellis!
6. Swap out your AC filters to get ready for blasting that sweet, sweet cool air so you can efficiently run your systems without helping redistribute old dust and allergens.
7. String up waterproof globe lights so you can start enjoying your backyard even earlier before it stays light out super late.
Reviewers note that you should remove the bulbs before stringing up the strands and then install the bulbs.
Promising review: "These lights were perfect for my patio, I've received plenty of compliments so far. The Edison light bulbs and beautiful and offer the perfect amount of lighting for any occasion...the clips were ideal for my eaves, the overhang of the roof, which made for simple installation...now just need to find a dimmer capable of handling the required wattage and the package will be complete." —Brody Vins
Get a strand from Amazon for $15.98+ (available in three styles and lengths).
8. And consider a lighted umbrella that'll tilt (literally) to your whims and give you the right amount of shade and light when/where you want it.
9. Pull up weeds after a rain when the soil's softer. Make it even easier with this standing weeder that'll keep you from bending over to retrieve those dandelions.
10. Double check that your yard's sprinklers are actually watering the yard and not your sidewalk, driveway, or house. It'll help you use your water more efficiently *and* help your siding avoid rotting.
11. Clean your mattresses (including the guest bedroom mattress that may not've been slept on since the holidays) with a specialized mattress vacuum that you can also use on all your upholstered furniture.
12. Kick the blinds to the curb and get some privacy without the cord (it can be dangerous for kids and pets!) by applying a window film that'll still let in SO much light. I did this to my bathroom window and congratulate myself for it every day.
13. Install an automatic bleach toilet cleaning system — Rosey the Robot isn't available for bathroom cleaning, but this gadget will send cleaner into your bowl with each flush. It's a start!
14. Pull together decor for an outdoor room or just cover up an ugly surface with an indoor/outdoor rug built to weather rain and more.
15. Make it easier to deal with a view of your neighbor's hideous home or backyard by attaching a roll of faux ivy to ugly wire fencing, railing, or a trellis. You don't have to suffer for their poor taste.
17. Let a power washer do the hard work in reviving outdoor hard surfaces like sidewalks, gates, patio furniture and more! Yep, THAT's the color of your patio.
18. Rig up a sunshade triangle rather than a canopy over the patio or the kids' sandbox to block up to 95% of UV rays and keep things a bit cooler.
Promising review: "My pool is awesome when it gets into the hundreds of degrees here in California. We decided to grab a 20x20x20 triangle and holy cow does it do a number on the backyard! Not only does it keep my pool better-shaded, but it also keeps the sun off of my back patio during the hottest part of the day." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $26.98+ (available in 6 sizes and 13 colors).
19. Clean out your coffee machine with K-Cup cleaning pods. Give these for a go for less than $10 before shelling out cash for a new machine! The glass on the left shows the progress with a few cycles.
20. After you've cleaned your grill (this cleaner is legit), stick on some magnetic grill lights so you can get more use out of your fave outdoor gadget.
But really though, why isn't every grill equipped with these from the factory?
Promising review: "This was a surprise for my husband. He loves them. The lights are nice and bright and make grilling those last few things that didn't get finished before dark hot. He's also used them early in the morning when he's setting the smoker up before dawn. He's happy and finding them very useful. He especially loves the magnet on bottom so he can hang them off of so many things while he's busy and he can use the flexibility to shine them where he needs them. Very awesome and easy to use." —Holly Gomez
Get two from Amazon for $21.99.
21. Take inventory of chemicals and cleaners in your garage and toss out any expired, dried up, or remotely questionable substances to free up some space.
22. And while you're at it, do the same for your pantry and medicine cabinet items so you won't have to find out those allergy meds expired last fall when you reach for them in May.
And if a pantry clear out means that you need to invest in some new spices, check out a kit of 12 spices from Amazon for $29.99.
23. Clean lint out from your dryer after a winter of drying, well, cozy winter clothes with a special brush to keep your dryer's lint trap clear of debris and make drying cycles/the appliance more effective for longer.
24. And freshen the thing that cleans your dirty dishes with some dishwasher-cleaning tablets that'll get rid of odor- and buildup-causing residue.
26. Lighten up your living room furniture on the cheap with some slipcovers you can swap out later when the seasons change (and will wash up after your family's spaghetti night).
Promising review: "Before and after putting it on. I couldn’t be happier. This chair has been through and lot and I just wasn’t ready to pry with it. The cover was easy to put in and so soft." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $23.99 (available in 19 solid colors).
Also check out a some dining chair slipcovers and a velvet slipcover for your couch and in case that's more your style.
27. Bring the beach to your home (because Spring Break ain't happening for you, an adult) with a seashell pillow. Seriously though, your other throw pillows can use a new bud.
28. Dress up a space that needs a lil' love with some peel-and-stick wallpaper. Now, it won't be the easiest of DIYs but it'll be worth the effortest.
29. Invest in an indoor-friendly hammock chair (you could also hang up on a covered patio) that'll give hanging out a new meaning. Add a throw pillow and you'll never want to leave.
30. Upgrade to a linen bedding bundle so you can fully realize your fancy home self while keeping your cool. You don't have to sleep hot to love these, but that'll make you love them even more!
31. Upgrade your kitchen with a peel-and-stick faux-gel tile backsplash that's mold-, heat-, and moisture-resistant. Get ready for your home makeover montage.
Promising review: "We did a kitchen facelift this summer, repainting and making everything look fresh. We were looking at The Home Depot version of these, which are more than double the price. We decided to go for these instead and they are amazing!! I put them up myself in about two hours. I did buy the adhesive spray just in case but it wasn’t needed, even for the few I had to peel off and re-stick to center correctly. These aren’t too difficult to apply but definitely require patience. It is 100% worth the buy for a DIY affordable update!" —Hope Consilvio
Get a 10-pack from Amazon for $29.97.