Using A RFID-Blocking Wallet Is A Good Idea (And Here Are 26 Great Ones)
Identity theft precautions aside, these wallets will make you look like you have boat loads of cash to fill them.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
So what *is* an RFID-blocking wallet? It's a normal looking wallet (as you can see below!) with some extra insulation as a means to protect your cards against sketchy people trying to electronically skim and steal your information.
There's A LOT of debate on the Internet about the technology behind skimming, whether people actually do it, and if RFID-blocking wallets even help. I'm not here to preach to you about identity theft and safety, but carrying these types of wallets sometimes make people feel safer. And TBH, they won't cost you more than a similar one that doesn't have the RFID-blocking insulation.
So if you're like me, a person who had their credit card stolen and $800+ of products charged to it by a stranger who lives in another state, you may be more inclined to opt for one of these!
3. A travel wallet with ample room to fit your passport, boarding pass, and cards. (It'll be the least expensive thing about your next trip.)
5. A Michael Kors coin purse for those times when you don't need a full-on purse but need to ~safely~ hang onto your ID and cards.
10. A 2-for-1 combo that'll take worrying about finding a smaller card-carrying solution when you'd rather not be burdened with your Mary Poppins bag (and coupon-stuffed wallet).
12. A Fossil bi-fold with hundreds of reviews you can have engraved in case you dig personalization.
14. A ~super sneaky~ hidden travel wallet so you can relax a little more and take in those bucket-list sights.
15. A geometric beaut with a tab for easily accessing that gift card you *just* remembered you have. (What a lovely surprise!)
16. A supple LODIS number with a zippered compartment and (surely?!) enough card slots to satisfy your needs.
20. A leather clutch in a range of colors that'll surely mean you can find your credit card storage soulmate.
21. A cheery babe can be all rainbows and hearts, despite the mountain of receipts you'll be able to shove into all its pockets.
22. A roomy (but slim!) one with enough room to tote around all your gift cards because every day is a brand new adventure and you never know where you'll end up that you *also* happen to have a gift card for!
23. A phone wristlet that'll help eliminate so much extra baggage you tote around with you on the reg.
26. And if none of these tickled your fancy, perhaps a set of RFID-blocking pockets will do the trick with your current wallet.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.