26 Useful Products For Anyone With A Tiny Closet And A Ton Of Clothes
How to get a Mariah Carey–level of stuff into your peasant space. (Don't act like you never saw that ep of Cribs.)
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Slim velvet hangers to grip onto all the garments that deserve their own hanger while taking up considerably less room in your closet than the plastic variety.
2. And Wonder Hangers to make your closet look like an infomercial *After* — even with the hangers you already have!
3. A pull-out valet rod you can easily mount as a spot to hang up a few garment options. Now you can officially say "Oh yes my valet has been holding onto that for me" and friends will think you're talking about a HUMAN BEING.
4. Genius shoe stackers that'll nearly double your open shelf shoe displays because who has the space (and lighting?!) for walls of Loubs like Mariah or a Kardashian?!
5. Soft organizers meant for drawers but you could also nestle them into the corners of your closet in case your dresser space is also limited. Your bras have to go somewhere.
6. Motion-activated lights that'll turn on with a wave of a hand right when you need them because cramming all those coat hangers in a tiny space means that it can be tougher to eye the garment you desire.
7. A hat rack you can hang on the door or mount on the wall so your extensive cap collection stops hogging all your sparse shelf space.
8. A closet doubler that'll hang on the rod like coat hangers to fill that dead space below your tops without installing another full-on rod.
9. Or if squeezing in a doubler is a no-go: a possibly life-changing clothing rack (with two shelves!) you can squeeze into another room.
10. A hanging shoe organizer you could use to store your shoes, scarves, other winter accessories, or really just anything that'll fit in there.
11. A scarf organizer that'll be a step-up from that old looped version so you can easily slip out your pashmina pick of the day without disrupting every other scarf.
12. And a ~slim~ pants hanger with a similar design so you won't have to wreak havoc telling the difference between your mid-rise and hi-rise skinny black jeans.
13. And a very similar tie rack — it can hold up to 20 ties in a minuscule amount of space so you won't have to wonder if you left your fave in a hotel room on a business trip because it's right there in front of you.
14. A breathable charcoal-lined storage bin to stash out-of-season garments and free up some space for the usual seasonal suspects.
15. And OG space bags for taking the wind out of out-of-season closet hogs you can then stash in less-desirable storage areas like under the bed or in the garage.
16. A smart tank hanger so the ones you don't wanna shove into drawers can stay wrinkle-free without taking up precious hangers and space.
18. Magnetic closet stack organizers here to help you make the best use of your shelf space without disrupting a neatly folded stack.
19. Or if you have no shelf space to speak of, a sturdy purse hanger to get your goods up off the floor in a sleek storage solution that won't hog precious closet rod space.
20. Or a clear bag organizer that'll, yes, take up more room. But it can handle bigger bags and won't put any weight on your bag handles.
22. An accessories tray you can hook into a small space underneath a shelf to keep your sunnies, clutches, or wallets in full view.
23. A fabric dresser available in a variety of sizes that'll fit into your desired space for some closed storage where you can squeeze all your overflow.
24. A bunch of Command hooks with a 5 lbs. capacity you can stick to any free wall space to store stuff like totes, umbrellas, and so on.
25. A small storage ottoman — toss in random shoes or recent acquisitions you haven't found a place for just yet. And you can use it as a place to sit and put on your shoes!
26. Finally, a washable rug for parking in front of your closet door to make getting dressed feel like a special occasion.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.