36 Totally Weird Home Products You’ll Probably Wonder How You Ever Lived Without
Once you get a snail hand soap dispenser, you can't go back.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A screaming goat that'll sub in for you in your home office whenever you read an email that makes you wanna shriek. So useful!
Promising review: "I spend about 90% of my day silently screaming at the computer because, well, welcome to customer service. Since this little goat arrived, I no longer look like I am practicing for my appearance on Jerry Springer. I just push the little goat. He screams (but not in a disruptive way). I smile. I am no longer annoyed. I survived peak season because of this goat. I owe my sanity to you, screaming goat." —Gab&Amanda
Get it from Amazon for $9.40.
2. And a desktop Wacky Waving Inflatable Tube Guy to you help you dance out any wins. (Talk about an advantage of WFH.)
Promising review: "I opened the package and screamed for joy! As I placed the 9-volt battery my hands were trembling with what was going to happen next! As I turned on the wacky waving inflatable tube man I knew I had a friend for life. Someone you can really count on cheering you up when you are feeling down. He brought me such joy I started to cry with laughter and happiness." —Robert Wurstner
Get it from Amazon for $6.79.
3. A beer can chicken stand for the grill that'll have you humming "I need a cool rider..."
Promising review: "Absolutely Amazing! Bought this for my boyfriend for Christmas to use in his smoker. He laughed so hard every time he opened the cover. It was such an extra special touch to our Quiet Christmas due to COVID." —Nicole beskorwayne
4. A Star Wars Light Saber chopsticks set because the chopsticks that come with your takeout order from your neighborhood sushi place are boring.
The lights can be turned on or off with a button at the top. The chopsticks also come with new batteries and a stopper included. If the batteries go out, you can replace them with 3 x LR41 camera batteries.
Promising review: "I gave these as Christmas presents and bought this set for myself. Seriously cool and amazing! Everyone was excited when they received them. They are extremely lightweight and easy to use. My friends are planning a Star Wars night at a local all-you-can-eat sushi place. Should be awesome!" —Johnny
5. And a Baby Yoda night-light that'll light your path to the toilet. That's a *very* special journey!
Promising review: "My children love this in their room at night. It is not too bright. It has a very low, warm light which is just enough for them to see if they need to get up at night to use the restroom, but not bright enough that it keeps them awake." —chocolate*bella
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
6. Plus a motion-activated toilet light to take over guiding you to your destination once you're actually in the bathroom.
It's got over 4,000 5-star reviews! You can choose between five brightness settings and 16 colors, or have it cycle through different colors. It automatically turns off when you leave or turn on the bathroom light.
Promising review: "This is the greatest thing for kids or adults alike. I have it set on just the blue light. When I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, it makes me smile. It lights up enough for you to see, but isn't bright enough to be bothersome or wake you up. It's easy to install and I'd recommend it to anyone. I showed it to a friend at work and they are buying it for their grandparents who complained about getting up in the middle of the night in the dark." —Amazon customer
9. Light-up flowers you can nestle amongst the *real* flowers in your flowerbeds around seating areas for a whimsical touch that'll make your backyard look like it's out of a fairytale once the sun sets.
Promising review: "The pictures don't do these justice. At night my backyard looks like a scene from Avatar. The light itself is not bright, but the colors are very vibrant and intense. The color transition is gradual and glowing. They are hypnotic to watch. During the day they are unobtrusive and don't look too fake or artificial. The green leaves are very bendable, the stems of the flowers are somewhat pliable, and the cloth that makes up the petals can be smoothed and manipulated a bit so you can make them look different and more realistic. I've had them for a couple of weeks and so far they are performing perfectly. They are simply beautiful and we love them!" —Zavanna
Get eight flowers (between two bunches) from Amazon for $24.99.
10. A posable lamp with some real personality you can move around and re-pose around your home as you dang please.
Promising review: "This lamp is fun and whimsical. I really like it! It was pretty easy to assemble and it makes me smile. It looks just as pictured so no surprises. Best for 'modern' decor. It gives out decent light but it's not super bright. I have it by my work desk and I can certainly work by it. I change it around every few weeks. Great purchase!" —Chicago Sue
Get it from Amazon for $108.87+ (available in five colors).
12. Cleansing goo for the detail-oriented slime fan that'll turn out to be extremely practical!
The gel is nonsticky and lemon-scented. It's also biodegradable so when you're ready to toss it, you won't be hurting Mother Earth at all. 🌎
Promising review: "I was skeptical at first. I was afraid my keyboard would be all gummed up with yellow slime! The opposite happened. The gel cleaned it as good as new. It got all those dog hairs between the keys and there's no smell lingering on the keyboard or my hands. There's no sign I even used it except a clean keyboard. It's also kind of fun to play with. Squeeze it between your fingers! LOL. My next task for it will be those dust return air vents on our heating system and my dusty window blinds. This stuff works!" —Billy
Get it from Amazon for $5.75.
13. A TubShroom with straight-up disgusting, horrifying results you'll have to see to believe...and make you wonder "how do I still have hair on my head?"
Read my BuzzFeed coworker's review of this gross and satisfying tool.
Promising review: "Can't say enough good things about this product. I have a family of four and would frequently have to snake our shower drain, it appears I won't be having that problem ever again. I even give my dog baths and this collects the hair. It does not seem to slow down the flow of water down the drain significantly. I'm very impressed having been using around a month. You don't know how much hair you wash down your drain until you use this!" —Aaron Morlock
Get it from Amazon for $12.95+ (available in six colors).
14. A couple of urinal shot glasses you need, OK? Even if you have a kitchen cabinet shelf full of shot glasses. These'll make the rest a total wash.
Promising review: "I gave this a white elephant gift at a party. Everyone at the party loved them and wished it was the gift they received. The shot glasses are made well and actually resemble a urinal. They are a little awkward to drink from based on the shape but that was to be expected with the novelty gift and what they are. They arrived well-packaged inside the box from the seller with bubble wrap for protection which I really appreciated." —DANGELO R BONECELLI
Get them from Amazon for $12.99.
15. A pack of lemon-scented toilet bombs you simply drop into the towel bowl, wait for it to dissolve, then just give a lil' scrub with your toilet brush.
Jialiving is a Los Angeles-based Etsy shop that specializes in handmade items made of all-natural and earth-friendly ingredients.
Promising review: "What a great product! You just drop it in, let it dissolve, and that pretty much cleans your toilet. No toxic ingredients so good for the environment as well." —Maureen Tully
16. Suspenders for your sheets that are exactly how they sound so no matter how much you toss and turn, your fitted sheet won't pop you in the face in the middle of the night when it comes loose. It happens! I know!
17. A worst-case scenario cookbook in case you have a bug-out bag and have been taking notes from all those soap-operatic seasons of The Walking Dead.
Promising review: "Bought this as a gift for a coworker who is obsessed with weird disasters (she's eagerly awaiting a real Sharknado) and she loves it. The tips are easy to read... her 6-year-old can understand them. Recipes she has tried are also good." —Tabi
Get it from Amazon for $16.32.
I also rec Max Brooks's classic, The Zombie Survival Guide!
18. A shrimp neck pillow that'll cradle you while watching TV on the couch — even if you're allergic to the real deal.
19. A gnome riding a llama because your garden beds are a little lacking.
Promising review: "We love a gnome in our garden and have quite a collection going at this time. I don't know what else to say but that this one is totally unique and makes us smile whenever we look at it. We also got the Gnome on a Dog so this one would have a travel buddy.." —Greg
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
20. A coin bank so they can finally put your money where *A* mouth is.
Promising review: "Most meaningful and important item I have ever in my life bought. It should be valued at such a higher amount and literally everyone should own at least two. My life wasn't complete before I owned this. Now i have new meaning and purpose. Every day i wake up and stare at it for at least 45 minutes to remind myself why I do what I do. Buy this. Now." —Forrest Dykes
Get it from Amazon for $16.99 (available in three colors).
21. A tortilla blanket that'll make you cozy on the outside like a burrito makes you feel cozy on the inside.
Promising review: "What a great blanket. I bought it as a gift for my adult nephew, and he loved it. It’s big (I ordered the 71" one), it’s very soft and lightweight, and it actually looks like a real tortilla, even has 'burn marks' (I ordered style G). For gifting, I rolled it up like a burrito and wrapped it in aluminum foil — like a real burrito. Even the dog got excited, licking his lips, thinking it was a burrito." —Natalie A.
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in seven styles and four sizes).
22. And a matching tortilla towel that'll work in the bathroom OR at the beach. We love a multi-use product!
Promising review: "I'm a huge fan of Mexican food, and have been searching for a good quality tortilla printed towel for a long time, and finally found the Original Tortilla Towel. All I can say is WOW is the best way to describe this towel. It is such great quality, super soft cotton, very realistic print, and it is HUGE!!! It is bigger than my couch. I've already ordered more to give as gifts for my family and friends." —Brian
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
25. A trio lasagna pan that'll sound very silly at first, before you REALLY think about how it'll satisfy the folks who prefer different stuff in their lasagna and let you whip up three custom lasagnas. (The vegetarian in your fam will be forever grateful.)
You can use these for brownies, blondies, and bread too.
Promising review: "As someone who has a child (now a teenager) that will not eat any form of cheese, this pan is amazing! I typically avoid making any food that has cheese mixed into it but now I can make him a section without cheese and the rest of us our regular cheesy goodness. Another benefit to this pan is how well the portions slice. One cut with the spatula gives you a perfectly formed square. Each section makes four regular sized portions for our family." —TLC
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
26. A Nessie ladle that sits on the bottom of your pot and emerges from the depth of your stew, Loch Minestrone.
Promising review: "This. Really can’t even begin to say how much I love this thing. I personally don’t use it for hot foods, though I’m sure it would stand the test of time. I ordered this to be my staple at work functions. I am a lover of unique things and this totally fits the bill. He serves fruit, banana pudding, and other miscellaneous dessert items. Everyone is jealous as all get out, I can tell. If you’ve come across it, just buy it. You won’t regret it." —Nikki D.
Get it from Amazon for $11.20.
27. A tentacular shower curtain that'll really get you Kraken on perfecting your nautical bathroom decor scheme.
Promising review: "It looks absolutely gorgeous in our bathroom, and fit our color scheme perfectly! The print isn’t pixelated at all and the material feels strong and durable. We’ve had it up in the shower for over a month and so far it is going strong! Very impressed" —Victoria
Get it from Amazon for $15.95+ (available in three lengths and five colors).
28. Shredder claws so you can safely tear into some slow-cooked meat like a bear without burning yourself on that hot meat. Did you just invite me over for pulled pork sandwiches? I'd love to come!
Promising review: "Works well for shredding larger portions of meat, like pork. Plastic appears to be of higher quality. Sufficient room in the opening for most finger and hand sizes. The pointed tips shouldn't cause injury unless you're careless. I'd highly recommend the use of quality protective gloves; you're not only dealing with the mess of shredding itself but also, most likely, some elevated temperature food." —Legardi11
Get it from Amazon for $12.95+ (available in four colors).
29. A custom pet portrait to expand the family gallery wall now that your four-legged sibling is ruling the empty nest and getting the royal treatment.
30. A special cereal bowl because apparently no matter how old you are, getting the perfect non-soggy cereal/milk ratio is humanly impossible. *Also* it has a grip on the bottom that makes it easy to hold while eating on the couch.
31. A light-up palm tree as a fun lighting option where you need it.
32. A ROTATING unicorn horn for your KitchenAid standup mixer. That appliance feels downright magical, you might as well go with that them.
33. A puzzle cube-style tissue box cover that'll feel completely unnecessary until you realize this is doing so much more for your room than any tacky tissue box prints.
34. A Game Boy dry-erase magnet to transform your fridge into your OG fave gaming device.
35. A $100 bill rug that'll, thankfully, only cost a fraction of that month. Time to put your money where your feet are.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.