45 Things You’ll Wish You’d Bought Last Summer Because They’re That Good
Maybe you can get through summer without a personal ice-cream maker, but it could only make things cooler.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A mini sprinkler pool that'll help the fam cool off and get some water time without having to dump out a kiddie pool's worth of water once the fun has wrapped.
2. A lemon-eucalyptus spray I bought and wore while hiking in Greece last summer with NO bites! It really smells like lemon but that's a thing I can live with if it means I'm bite-free.
3. A bug bite suction tool to help you out with existing bites to remove the irritating venom, and help reduce itchiness, pain, and swollenness. Plus it works on other insect stings Think about all the scratching you could've saved yourself!
4. A skin spatula you may have seen beauty influencers use. It'll do major work for you thanks to vibrations that help clean grease, dead skin, blackheads, and whiteheads... so basically any of your pore-clogging woes. I bought one of these and it made extractions SO much easier on my nose.
5. *Sheer* sculpting shorts to help smooth out things underneath your clothes in a more breathable manner than thick OG sculpting shorts.
6. Or a pair of stretchy bike shorts that'll become part of your WFH, working out, lounging, *and* just-about-anything-else rotation. You'll probably want to buy both colors from the jump.
7. And! Elastic-waist shorts in enough fun colors and patterns to keep you from repeating for a whole month.
8. A cooling towel you simply soak in water and wring out to bring some chill to that outdoor run... or just stroll! Just walking outside or doing some low-key gardening can make you sweat like a racehorse.
9. Avocado hot sauce to zhuzh up all your summer salads (and lots of other stuff) because eating at home is allll about the condiments.
10. An insulated soundproofing strip that'll stick on your door to help muffle your roommate's sounds as you clock lots of time together while social distancing in your apartment. OK this isn't revolutionary but it'll feel like it once you realize it would've improved your quality of life drastically if you bought it a year ago.
11. A salt gun made for killing flies, but it'll *also* be an effective, fun way to pick off mosquitoes at your leisure. Welcome to your new hobby for when you're sitting on the porch.
12. Wondercide Spray you've seen on Shark Tank that'll serve as a naturally derived alternative to your pet's monthly treatments because fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes are horrible! Your pet doesn't need to speak human words to tell you that!
13. A three-pack of washable bra liners for those super sweaty days because it's pretty, pretty gross when you peel off a bra to only find it heavier with sweat. That's stop that little trend with this.
16. A camping hammock with a mosquito net to help you kick back, relax, and take in some nature BUT not *too* much nature, amiright? Here's to comfortably clocking in more leisure hours despite blood-sucking fiends.
17. A net for your patio umbrella as an ~extra layer~ so you can sit and survey your kingdom, even if mosquitoes have infested it. Let's get more use out of the deck!
18. A hair finishing cream on a mascara-like wand for helping slick back those baby hairs and flyaways before your next video conference call.
19. A sunshade triangle you can rig up over the patio or the kids' sandbox to block up to 95% of UV rays and keep things a bit cooler. Adding some shade will make that yard of yours easier to hang in this summer!
20. Sweat-wicking pajamas that don't look like sweat-wicking pajamas. All the better to look super pulled-together while becoming one with your couch.
21. A jar of honey apple salsa you can dip all your veggies in as a fun afternoon snack that'll help you eat up all those farmer's market veggies. Also, gotta love a food op that doesn't require turning on your oven.
22. Rapid-fill water balloons to cut down on prep time and get to the backyard fun so much faster. Ahem, water balloon fights are a WONDERFUL social-distancing activity, as the reviewer below found!
23. A wrap dress that'll make for a picturesque OOTD or let ya show lots of leg to Zac Efron while you binge his new show about climate change around the world. IDK if you're doing a second season Zac, but I'm willing to tag along.
24. A rechargeable handheld fan – it might just make you think about all those times you said "I wish I had a fan." Well now you will.
25. Bottle Bright cleaning tablets to revive the look (and taste!) of the stainless-steel thermos you use every dang day (whether you're WFH or not) but aren't so great at washing like you should.
26. A Squatty Potty here for ALL seasons. If you don't already know what it does, it helps position your body in a way that'll feel more natural for your colon and, therefore, make going no. 2 easier. (More or less.)
27. A lightning fast chiller to help get your coffee to a temp that won't make you sweat even more in merely *one minute* without watering it down like pesky, slow-working ice cubes!
28. Or a ~magical~ cup for turning whatever liquid you pour into it into slush right before your eyes. After all, you could use a chilly treat!
29. And a small electric ice cream maker that'll whip up some fro-yo with fruit and yogurt or transform smoothies into the consistency of ice cream. It's summer and we love cold things!
30. A silicone watermelon cutter to do the chore for you so you aren't stuck in the kitchen cutting up an enormous fruit while everyone else is having fun.
31. A mesh exfoliating towel with fans amongst my colleagues. It'll help prevent bacne and make scrubbing your back super easy. Just use it with your regular body wash.
32. Breathable cotton undies for those days when you just know you're gonna sweat but don't want swamp ass. (Soooo, most days?)
33. An anti-sweat bundle (including a deodorant, body powder, and anti-chafe stick) that'll keep you feeling dry, calm, and collected in the sweatiest of situations. Plus the packaging is so cute, you won't mind whipping it out of your bag while you're on the go!
34. A *super* portable air cooler you can tote around as you move about your day because sometimes you and all the other people in the room can't come to a consensus on the perfect chilly temp. You can even add icy water to it to make it feel a bit closer to your freezer's air. Or if it's not quite hot enough to turn on the AC, this is a new compromise.
35. A Charlotte Tilbury setting spray for a weightless finish to your look that'll make it stay intact, even if you're sweating up a storm. I've been using this stuff and I sweat A LOT, so yes it does what it says.
36. Or a budget-friendly setting powder in case sprays aren't your thing but you need something to keep the sweat off the beautiful masterpiece of your face.
37. A rechargeable massager with more than two hours of power to help you get through seemingly endless conference calls that could've been an email. "Sorry my Wi-Fi isn't cooperating with video calls rn!" ::mutes sound and bites into a sandwich::
39. A time-marked water bottle that'll prevent those 5 p.m. revelations that all you've had today is coffee. You should *always* stay hydrated but you really feel it in the summer.
40. An outdoor drink stakes set – it'll hold your beer while you tend to the fire pit or check out how those burgers are faring on the grill.
41. A portable wading pool for your pet to cool off in so every member of the fam can make good use of the great outdoors on your lil' patch of land! And in case you're wondering, yes, it's great for ducks.
42. And a pressure-activated cooling pad you can keep in a spot right inside your door so your dog has a place to go for a quick cool down when they ask to come inside. It's 5–10 degrees cooler than room temp and reviewers say it also provides some relief for pets with joint pain.
43. Waterproof globe string lights that'll make a big impact when hung along your roofline, draped on outdoor structures like a pergola, or just strung up solo so you can enjoy the lights *and* the stars. So dreamy!
44. A pack of coconut water powder in case the electrolyte-packed drink is a fave. This'll be so much more convenient that carting around bottles. Just add it to water!
45. And a well-reviewed hair serum because humidity and frizz are a bummer. Use this vitamin E, aloe vera, and argan oil formula to keep your 'do smooth.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.