39 Things Under $100 That’ll Make Your Time Spent In Your Yard So Much Better
Turns out, you don't need to hop in the car to get sprayed on by a beautiful large unicorn. It can happen in your own backyard.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A sunshade triangle you can rig up over the patio or the kids' sandbox to block up to 95% of UV rays and keep things a bit cooler. Adding some shade will make that yard of yours easier to hang in this summer!
2. An outdoor drink stakes set that'll hold your beer while you tend to the fire pit or check out how those burgers are faring on the grill.
3. Interlocking Teak titles to cover up a patio surface that, tbh, is beyond visual help for a much more inviting look. They're great for rental properties because you can take them apart and take them with you when you move!
4. And some chocolate-stuffed marshmallows that'll take an extra step out of making s'mores. Plus they'll perfect your chocolate-marshmallow ratio!
5. A set of s'mores sticks to *safely* reach closer to the fire for you so you can achieve the perfect level of toasted on that marshmallow. It's extremely important!
6. Weather-resistant cedar pathway that'll be a little extra security along garden beds or other paths where your family tends to tread and wear down the grass. The less you worry about your hydrangeas, the more you can relax and have fun!
7. Smol picket fencing (1 foot tall!) you can place around your prized garden beds to deter kids and pets from getting into them.
8. Rapid-fill water balloons so you can cut down on prep time and get to the backyard fun so much faster. Ahem, water balloon fights are a WONDERFUL social-distancing activity, as the reviewer below found!
9. A wading pool for your pet to cool off in so every member of the fam can make good use of the great outdoors on your lil' patch of land! And in case you're wondering, yes, it's great for ducks.
10. And a pressure-activated cooling pad you can keep in a spot right inside your door so your dog has a place to go for a quick cool down when they ask to come inside. It's 5–10 degrees cooler than room temp and reviewers say it also provides some relief for pets with joint pain.
11. Waterproof solar lights to adorn fences, pergolas, and other outdoor structures to make everything look ~magical~. Plus it'll help you enjoy that deck a bit longer after the sun sets.
12. Or waterproof globe string lights that'll make a bigger style impact when hung along your roofline, draped on outdoor structures like a pergola, or just strung up solo so you can enjoy the lights *and* the stars.
13. A giant die and scoreboard set to help keep everyone occupied when they're not lounging around reading in your newly fab backyard area.
14. A large canopy that'll put some significant shade on your main party area that a regular ole umbrella just can't cover.
15. An octagonal patio umbrella to position over your go-to spot in your backyard. Just because it's high noon doesn't mean you have to go inside! Plus it tilts and has wind vents so a strong breeze won't compromise your fun.
16. And a net for your patio umbrella as an ~extra layer~ so you can sit and survey your kingdom, even if mosquitoes have infested it.
18. A hammock with a mosquito net so you can kick back, relax, and take in some nature BUT not *too* much nature, amiright? It's made for camping but I think would look great in your yard. Meet your new reading spot!
20. A giant stacking game (that comes with a carrying bag!) to keep everyone occupied in a *safely* destructive way.
21. A lemon-eucalyptus spray I bought and wore while hiking in Greece last summer with NO bites! It really smells like lemon but that's a thing I can live with if it means I'm bite-free. Keep it by your front door so you'll remember to keep those skeeters away while you enjoy your personal version of the great outdoors.
22. And a bug bite suction tool to help deal with any bite you still manage to get. It'll remove the irritating venom, and help reduce itchiness, pain, and swollenness. Plus it works on other insect stings!
23. A standing weeder (without the chemicals!) to help improve your view of your yard. You're not the only one who has trouble enjoying weed-filled scenery. And hey, while you're weeding with this there's no bending over! Your back will thank you.
24. A waterproof Bluetooth speaker so you can pump up the jams while you garden or just relax under an umbrella. Plus it has 360-degree sound with a 24-hour charge, and a splash-proof design to help it survive cannonballs and garden hose ambushes.
25. A 12-piece melamine table set that can serve four people because let's be honest, you want to avoid bringing your good dishes outside if you can. Plus, they're dishwasher-safe!
26. A watermelon cuber to SERIOUSLY cut down on the prep time it takes to dish up this summery fruit. Less time cutting, more time luxuriating in the sun!
27. A pair of "Thunder Bubble Bounce House" inflatables for the fam (or friends) who like to rough house and could possibly use a bit of bubbly protection. Yep, you'll still need to supervise. But you'll also *want* to watch this.
28. A mosquito repellent to replace your citronella candles that never quite seem to do what you'd like. This creates a 15-foot zone free of those blood-sucking fiends.
29. An electric power washer you'll get a thrill out of using thanks to some satisfying hard surface transformations. Then you'll just want to sit on that patio later and gaze upon your gunk-free kingdom.
30. Light-up flowers you can nestle amongst the *real* flowers in your flowerbeds around seating areas for a whimsical touch that'll make your backyard look like it's out of a fairytale once the sun sets.
31. A squirrel-size picnic table that'll provide dinner (for the squirrel) and a show (for you). Talk about some tableside entertainment!
32. A three-piece conversation set with several cushion color options that'll fit in small spaces or help you increase your current outdoor seating area.
33. Or some metallic spray paint you can use to refinish your tired metal furniture for a weekend afternoon project that'll have substantial payoff. Just look at that zhuzhed bistro set! Sometimes you just need to get excited about your outdoor furniture as some motivation to actually sit on it.
34. A basket-like food cover to keep your charcuterie board in fighting shape when you're not picking from it and briefly tending to other stuff outside.
35. A light-up palm tree you can park on your deck to add a fun decor touch to your space and keep the outdoor party going.
36. Colorful flower pots with draining holes and hooks so the plants inside can ~thrive~ while they sit there looking pretty on your deck or porch rail. No one said that your container plants have to sit on the ground!
37. A sneaky cooler that'll also lend a hand as a side table. The more perfectly chilled bevs you have on hand, the longer you'll want to stay outside. You can't argue with math!
38. A game of Hookey to keep the whole fam occupied and beg to stay outside longer. OH HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED.
39. A pretty butterfly puddler that'll look so nice nestled in a garden bed while luring in those beautiful winged creatures. Way to make your yard look like it's outta a fairytale!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.