28 Things That'll Help You Get Out Of Your Head
Like a mental vacation without leaving your chair.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A jar of fluffy slime to help blow off some steam without making it awkward for everyone around you.
2. A quartet of reversible sequin pillow cases so you can sit there and rub them like an evil genius hatching a plan while you're really just staring at the wall and thinking about zilch.
4. A gorgeous deck of cards for a game of solitaire — or just shuffling them over and over again, which I find v therapeutic.
5. A bottle rocket kit so you can reenact that science project you did in middle school with impressive results. Again and again and again.
6. A hovercraft building game to test your balance and construction skills while blocking out the world.
7. A big ol' book of crossword puzzles as a means to engage your mind without staring at another screen.
9. A toilet putting set in case you need something to actually do while you're in "the library" avoiding other people.
10. A set of yoga dice that'll force you to focus on something besides your worries. Unless you're worried about doing the yoga pose correctly!
17. A Nintendo Switch in case you've been putting off buying one and want a treat 'yo self moment that'll result in hours of mind-numbing (in a good way) entertainment.
18. A London skyline Lego set as a lil' escapism without having to worry about digging out your passport.
19. A journal you can fill with all kinds of creative scribbles and other creative "wrecks" to de-stress and ignite your creativity.
22. A petit point kit with a sunny disposition so you can tap into the ~creative~ side of your mind.
23. A personal bowling set that might be nearly as cathartic as throwing a heavy-ass bowling ball down a wooden lane.
25. A felted animals kit as a creative outlet that'll churn out some friends who can't give you bad, unsolicited advice.
26. A mini arcade game pre-loaded with 240 games, so you can find all kinds of excuses to not think about adult stuff.
27. A BB-8 Operation game to let you practice your nimble handwork for 1) the adorable droid and 2) the possibility that Poe might also rub your tummy like that out of appreciation for helping out his buddy.
28. A few seasons of Schitt's Creek to take your mind off your personal matters, thanks to a clueless family who lost their wealth and end up in a fleabag motel in the unfortunately named town because they bought it once as a joke.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.