42 Things That'll Help You Be A Bit Kinder To Yourself In 2020
Big, exciting things are in store for the New Year. Take the time to take care of yourself too.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A two-minute morning gratitude journal that'll help even YOU carve out some time in the morn for thinking about your personal highlights and happy times. Journaling doesn't have to suck up huge chunks of time or take too much brain power.
2. A weekly meal planner to help make dinner a breeze (and DIY office lunch!). Meal-prepping doesn't have to be a huge hassle.
4. Light-dimming stickers you can add over any lights that keep you up at night, here's looking at a restful night of sleep without feeling like your modem is glaring at you through your eyelids. You'll still be able to see the light when you're awake, it just won't be blindingly bright!
5. Dip clips that'll fit onto your car air vent and make for easier nugz dipping on those days when you've just gotta eat a quick meal in your car bc, well, it's the easiest and quickest.
6. Stain-lifting pads made to tackle icky pet stains. You love 'em but you don't have to live with their stains. And they're activated by stomping on them!
7. A pair of silicone baking mats that'll help prevent burning your cookies, really using your elbow grease on baking sheets, and dousing your pans in tons of oil to prevent your roasted veggies from burning.
8. Yummy sleep gummies with five milligrams of melatonin that have turned out to be the ONLY sleep gummies I can take that don't make me have incredibly vivid nightmares of a demon standing in the corner of my bedroom. So, uh, maybe you too will have restful sleep at your intended bedtime with these as well?
9. Indoor plant food spikes to help care for your plant bb. Don't be too hard on yourself for that one that bit the dust in 2019. RIP. Also, plants just make a home feel happier.
10. A massaging foot roller that looks a little torture-y but truly will help hit all the points on your foot that could use some relief. I own this babe and it HELPS me after stomping around New York City all day in shoes that, tbh, are not v supportive.
11. An activity book for anxious folks that's filled with funny things to laugh over when you need a break or stuff to distract your mind when it's keeping you up at 3 a.m. Stop watching YouTube when you can't sleep (I myself need to stop this).
12. Or if you're just into coloring, a coloring book with a cause that teaches kids (or whoever's using it!) about compassion for other people. *Plus* all the proceeds go to Families Belong Together.
13. A behavioral-training dog toy with a simulated heart beat that'll help ease anxious puppies or grown-up dogs... and therefore making you worry a lil' less about them when you're not around.
14. A bath pillow with two panels to help support your head and neck while you let the suds to the talking. Seriously, you deserve a long, hot bath!
15. A kneading Shiatsu massager you can place on the back of your fave chair or underneath your calf that always aches after going for a longer run.
16. A silicone lip brush that'll ever so gently slough off dried winter skin from your pout. No need for brush with a tooth brush or dealing with a lip scrub here. This quick fix will feel like a lil' spa treatment you can constantly feel the benefits from.
17. A budget-friendly blow dry primer that reviewers say cut their drying time in half. HALF! Spend less time holding up that hair appliance with your poor arm.
18. A comfy travel pillow that folds up like a scarf, will keep your neck warm, and has a built-in brace that you can adjust to the perfect angle for your preferred sleeping angle. You don't have to save up for a first-class ticket to take that bucket-list trip you dreamt about all last year!
19. And while we're on the subject of flying, a Mobile Passport app that'll let you skip the line entering the U.S. where you enter info into a machine thanks to a QR code. This bb saved me ~30 minutes waiting in line after a recent international flight!
20. A vegan brightening facial scrub made with sea kelp and French green clay to give you some oooh- and awww-worthy results. And it's less than my usual Taco Bell order! (Sometimes self-care involves eating a few chalupas covered in fire sauce, k?)
21. An all-natural deodorant that'll ACTUALLY work how it's supposed to. And I know! I, uh, can get pretty smelly but this stuff works for me.
22. A memory foam cushion for transforming your lackluster office chair or worn car seat into a throne for your precious behind. You deserve it!
23. Satin pillow cases that I own and love! They'll become an essential for anyone who sleeps hot and/or wants to keep their hair and skin moisturized. Soooooo, everyone?
24. A nail-biting treatment that tastes so disgusting, it'll teach you to stop absentmindedly gnawing at your paws. Your nails and cuticles deserve better! You do too! (BTW, reviewers say it also works on kids.)
25. A 10-foot lightning cord for when you wanna just scroll through Instagram mind-numblingly so you can do so comfortably from your couch that happens to be across the room from the nearest outlet.
26. A 16-pack of soothing sheet masks that'll feel like so much less effort when your skin needs a lil' something-something but you don't wanna wash goop off your face tonight.
27. And collagen eye masks you can easily apply and take off without leaving bed. Here's to your peepers looking as well-rested as you feel.
28. A weighted blanket with changeable seasonal covers can help keep you cool during the summer and toasty in the winter. Here's to a more restful sleep and no more swapping when the seasons change!
29. A hand-lettering project book as a nice lil' distraction. Or just for developing a new hobby. We love a new hobby with gorgeous results!
31. A pretty mug warmer to keep your hot chocolate, tea, or coffee nice and toasty on your nightstand while you get down to the business of doing absolutely nothing.
32. A workhouse humidifier to add moisture back into your bedroom's air in the pursuit of flawless skin and nasal passages.
33. A "marshmallow-soft" sleep mask that'll actually block out ALL the light for giving you a dreamy blackout sensation. Sign me up, plz.
34. Buttery soft–high waisted leggings that are nice-looking enough to run to the grocery store in and comfy enough to wear all Sunday while you're in bed.
35. A pregnancy body pillow to have and to hold you, even if you're just pregnant with a food baby. It's *that* comfy.
36. And a cushy lumbar pillow you can position as its name implies or use to elevate your knees or feet.
37. A hair finishing stick to smooth out all those stray hairs and bumps that seem to magically appear on those mornings when you decide you absolutely cannot have hair on your neck and must resort to a pony or bun.
38. And a 45-pack(!!!) of velvet scrunchies so you can perfectly pair of soft hair accessory that won't put a huge dent in your hair with your lazy-day (or everyday!) outfit. It's just so much easier than actually doing your hair.
39. Cheerful affirmation cards you can keep at your desk for when you could use a lil' pick-me-up at a moment's notice.
40. A password book you should fill out IN PENCIL because who can keep up with all those passwords you constantly have to change and apparently are not strong enough for the robots unless it has something like 29478495734592713 on the end. End the nonsense and spend a bit of time filling out this babe as a gift to future you.
41. Pimple patches you can stick on a spot that's come to a head while you sleep for the night and then peel off in the morn to find all kinds of ick on it that used to be inside your blemish(!!!). After all, you shouldn't be picking at breakouts anyway!
42. Or some star-shaped hydrocolloid pimple patches that'll have the same effect... except with way more pizzazz!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.