40 Things That'll Help Make Cold Winter Weather Bearable
Bc you have things to do besides hibernate 'til spring.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A door draft stopper the least handy person in the world could handle installing to prevent cold gusts from coming indoors. Don't make your heating system work harder than it has to! Bc $$$!
2. And a roll of thick foam tape weatherstripping even YOU can handle installing on doors where you can normally feel frigid gusts creeping in. No more!
3. A pack of Pantene Rescue Shots Hair Ampoules Treatment for an intense shot of moisture your strands will be so happy you bought. This weather is rough on your hair too!
5. Or a faux-fur moto jacket if you can't give up your tough look, even when the winter chill has your teeth chattering.
6. Pimple patches that'll suck out the pus from blemishes, a nice alternative to applying drying solution on your already-dry winter skin.
7. A cozy turtleneck dress you can throw on with your over-the-knee boots. You don't have to wear a print or bright color to look totally ~stunning~ this season. (Though this does have a few patterns....)
8. Sorel insulated sneaker boots because those backless mules you've been rocking during early fall aren't gonna get you through January.
9. A snow brush/ice scraper that'll be small but mighty when winter weather hits your vehicle and you need to just get to work, ok.
10. Or a windshield snow cover you can simply peel off instead of spending your precious time scraping.
11. A leopard-print beanie because it's about time you throw on some standout winter accessories with that black puffer you're more or less living in this winter.
12. A wrap sweater dress with bat wings that'll look so glam it should be illegal. But they'll also trap in some of that body heat bc you want other ppl to shake in your wake bc of your look. But no shivering for you.
13. Satin pillowcases as a big level up for skin and hair in comparison to your moisture-zapping cotton pillowcases of yore. Frizzy hair? IDK her.
14. Scrunchable socks in the most gorgeous neutrals that'll keep your toes toasty while adding that lil' something something to your ensemble.
17. A lip sleeping mask can help rejuvenate your pout from the wear and tear of matte lipsticks and gusts.
18. A super hydrating/cooling eye stick to give your peepers some relief because they're ALREADY acting up with seasonal dryness.
19. Sweater boot liners so you have an extra barrier between those knee-high shafts and your tights-clad legs. Even when you're wearing tights those boots can chafe!!!
20. Heat-trapping tights you could even wear under jeans if you really had to. It's winter, ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do!
21. A fleece sweatshirt in 20 varieties you'll all want to buy bc doesn't it feel so good that these toppers are in style rn that it should be illegal?!
22. A velvet cami as a fancy as hell way to drape yourself in the lush fabric when your friends drag you outdoors and you break out your moto jacket.
23. Toasty mittens because yes you'll have to be outside some but that doesn't mean you deserve numb digits.
24. Slip-proof slippers so you can scoot around inside on your hardwood floors without pulling a Risky Business.
25. A boot tray to contain the mess from your family's footwear after trudging through seasonal corn mazes or just raking the leaves in the yard.
26. A sweatshirt dress for anyone who walks around their home pants-less in a sweatshirt and would like to do so in public without being shunned. (Yes I'm describing myself.) Wear it w/ bare legs, tights, or even faux-leather leggings when it gets suuuuper cold.
27. Easy-removal ice cube trays that'll be perfect for freezing your world-famous butternut squash soup so you don't have to live off of it for a week at a time. Though that's not the worst problem to have....
28. A 45-pack(!!!) of velvet scrunchies – they'll be gentle on your winter-ravaged strands and give you an excuse to sleep in a few extra minutes.
29. High-waisted leggings to wear when you actually have to venture out of the house and be a human. They're gonna look so great with your coziest sweaters and hoodies.
31. A puff-shoulder sweater that'll zhuzh up your go-to winter uniform of a sweater, jeans, and knee-high boots.
32. Teddie Organics Rose Water Facial Toner – it'll make some big soothing moves for red, irritated, dry winter skin. Talk about some low-effort relief.
33. An incredibly soft bath sheet, yep bath SHEET not towel, because maybe you'd like to envelop yourself in an enormous towel as soon as you emerge from a hot shower only to be greeted by a frigid tile bathroom floor. What a cruel world.
34. A waffle-knit top for some textured layering action because your plain knits have been getting too much action and it's not even the New Year. If you run hot, this could be an excellent addition to your outfit rotation.
35. A velvet maxi that'll provide an on-trend Elvira lewk that'll feel a lot less risque than the original. Welp, now your holiday party ensemble is settled what are you gonna do with all this extra time?
36. Super cozy wool socks in fun patterns you can admire from your couch and then let other people be so lucky by letting 'em peep out from your trusty boots.
37. Cute boots lined in faux fur to serve as an extra toasty layer instead of layering on another pair of socks.
38. Glossier Balm Dotcom, a lip balm you can actually use as a universal salve for chapped lips, dry winter knuckles, and that weird patch on your cheek that seems to be as dry as the Sahara as soon as it hits November.
39. A teddy crewneck sweatshirt for a touchable layer that'll be Casual Fridays–approp, unlike your favorite sherpa blanket at home.
40. And a ~wild~ faux-fur sweatshirt to wear when it's finally the freaking weekend and your friends lured you out to drink some hot toddys in a warm bar, so kinda like hibernating in public? A dream.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.