38 Small Tips To Make Your Place Look So Much Better
A mere door draft stopper will make a difference you don't feel. But that's the point.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
2. Kick the blinds to the curb and get some privacy without the cord (it can be dangerous for kids and pets!) by applying a window film that'll still let in SO much light. I did this to my bathroom window and congratulate myself for it every day.
3. Refinish tired metal furniture with some metallic spray paint for a weekend afternoon project that'll have substantial payoff. Just look at that zhuzhed bistro set!
4. Hang up a tapestry (or something more substantial than a poster or print) that'll skim over any dents, unsightly utility panel doors, scuffs, or other marks that distract from your aesthetic.
5. Use a bottle of leather conditioner to revive your leather goods *even* as large as a leather couch! Welcome to your next project while you catch up on the latest ep of your fave true-crime podcast!
6. Pull together decor for an outdoor room or just cover up an ugly surface with an indoor/outdoor rug built to weather rain and more.
7. Swap out one of those weird long pillows (sorry!) for a ~streamlined~ door draft stopper to keep fall gusts from coming in under the door. It'll just look like a natural part of your door so other decor design choices (like that cute welcome mat) can shine!
8. Give yourself some peace of mind if you're into open windows for the sake of a breeze with this low-key motion sensor you can place on your partially opened window that'll act like your guard dog while ya' snooze. And if you upgrade this plan, you can save on homeowner's insurance!
9. Cover up dings and discoloration on door frames and molding with some wood scratch cover so everything will blend in like normal. Also, it requires no sanding or refinishing! Cue to you on the prowl for more wood surfaces you can fix up.
10. And hide smaller scratches on your fave furniture with a set of wood repair markers. We love a repair instead of a replacement product!
11. Or dress up that water stain that won't quit with a charming burlap table runner because people will just assume that you're always ready to entertain.
12. Tuck stray cords outta the way with cable clip organizers because you need your phone charger by your bed but you don't have to trip over it or make it take center stage.
13. Tidy up a modem-y mess by hiding it behind a bookish disguise as a decorative touch that's more useful than anyone could expect.
14. Distract from an unsightly lighting chain or cord with an electrical cord cover that'll look like it's just part of the decor.
15. Erase the likes of spills, wine, and even Sharpie marker(!!!) with this powerful stain remover. As you can see, it even works on suede furniture.
16. Mask an unsightly power strip in a sleek (but ventilated!) box that'll also keep kids and pets outta there.
17. Attach a roll of faux ivy to ugly wire fencing or railing with a view you don't love. Here's to a bit more privacy!
18. Keep your floors in tip-top shape (and prevent some nails-on-chalkboard scrapes) by putting furniture protectors on furniture legs. Any year you can avoid refinishing your floors is a GREAT year.
19. Park your bar soap on a silicone soap tray with plenty of ~tasteful~ draining space so the bottom half of that fancy soap your aunt gave you for Secret Santa won't become useless goo.
20. Make your kitchen sink's corner work for its dinner with a corner sponge organizer — it'll fit a surprising amount of dishwashing essentials in such a tiny space instead of them cluttering up your cleaning zone.
21. Invest in a lil' over-the-door cabinet organizer so you won't have to stare at a pile of hairstyling tools every time you go to brush your teeth. You'll be locating your hair dryer in record time!
22. Stop the mess in your laundry room with a laundry-detergent drip catcher to help salvage some of that precious goo, so you can go a tad bit longer in between shopping trips.
23. Graduate from your mismatched collection to a set of silicone-coated kitchen utensils that are nice-looking but neutral enough to blend in a bit with everything in your kitchen.
24. Toss toys and any other items with the flick of a wrist in this collapsible storage ottoman in case you need to clear a play area ASAP.
25. Revamp your under-things storage with a sock and underwear organizer to help you zero in on your lucky Halloween socks... and figure out which pair-less ones need the boot.
26. Put down a luxe-looking runner in a hall or in front of your closets to help create a sense of *fawn-cy* space without hurting your budget. I own this very runner and love it every single day that I walk on it!
27. Brighten an icky floor with a grout pen so you don't have to stare at the stained grout and imagine what it used to look like. Grout takes up a teeny bit of space but, as you can see from the pics, makes a huge impact!
28. Toss a punchy throw blanket with some pom-pom trim over your lackluster couch or chair to draw attention away from the fact that, wow, it's seen better days.
29. Or if you are extremely glamorous, take a similar approach with a faux-sheepskin rug to throw on a chair seriously lacking in comfort, at the foot of your couch, or in a number of spots!
30. Borrow a little air space above your go-to outlet with an outlet shelf *just* large enough for your electric toothbrush. Here's to a tidier sink!
31. Pour your budget booze into an extremely nice-looking decanter and set of six glasses to park on the top tier of your bar cart for a v pricey look without the price to match it.
32. Repair chips, dents, cracks, and other eyesores with a set of 50 wood fillers. Dog scratched up your hardwood floors? NBD.
33. Mask the horror show underneath your bed with a sharp bed skirt to coordinate with your bedding.
34. Spiff up stainless-steel appliances with a plant-based stainless-steel cleaner and polish spray (that comes with a microfiber cloth) for a low-lift transformation. Appliances are expensive. Their upkeep shouldn't be!
35. String up some (truly easy) under-cabinet lights to bring a modern touch to any outdated cabinets that you wish you could replace. This'll instantly make your kitchen look *so* expensive.
36. Mount a broom and mop organizer on a closet wall for a tidy "after" so you won't worry about an avalanche when you open that door. You know what I'm talking about.
37. Recover ugly throw pillows with cute shams that'll cost less than a horde of brand-new cushions would.
38. Corral "drop zone" stuff like mail, keys, and reusable grocery bags onto this tidy wall shelf instead of dumping them on your kitchen counter.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.