36 Products That'll Make Your Backyard The Neighborhood Hot Spot
You're about to feel like a bouncer at a club once the neighbors hear about your fancy new pizza oven.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Rapid-fill water balloons so you can cut down on prep time and get to the backyard fun so much faster.
2. Or a set of reusable water balloons in case you wanna keep the fun going with FAR less waste. *And* they won't sting when you get nailed, unlike regular water balloons.
Mama Love Boutique is a Sellersville, Pennsylvania-based shop that specializes in these balloons and knit hats.
These water balloons are handmade with a chenille-like yarn, which means they're soft, absorbent, and a great alternative to wasteful plastic single-use water balloons.
Promising review: "Got them, opened them, used them in the same day. I have two boys with LOTS of energy and they had so much fun pummeling me with these water 'balloons' 🤣 and I had fun throwing them right back. Not just for kids. Very well made. So happy with this purchase!" —Carley Campbell
3. A mini sprinkler pool that'll help the fam cool off and get some water time without having to dump out a kiddie pool's worth of water once the fun has wrapped.
Several reviewers shared that this little pool kept their kids engaged for hours.
Promising review: "My kids love this. It is soo easy to plug the hose into and turn the water on and the kids can have hours of fun. Once the kids are done playing, I disconnect the hose let the water drain, and hang it over the porch." —Austin
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
4. An indoor/outdoor mat built to weather rain and more that can pull together decor for an outdoor room or just cover up an ugly surface.
5. Interlocking Teak tiles can cover up a hard surface that, tbh, is beyond visual help. And you don't need tools to install! They're great for rental properties because you can take them apart and take them with you when you move!
Promising review: "Living in Hawaii you have to select wise items that are weather-, salt-, and red dirt–proof, etc... In total I ordered 11 boxes to complete my yoga deck. I have a few left over to make steps on the back. Very pleased and happy. May order more for an outdoor shower project!" —Adazzle
Get 10 sq. ft from Amazon for $77.99.
6. A power washer to do the hard work in reviving outdoor hard surfaces like sidewalks, gates, patio furniture and more! Yep, THAT's the color of your patio...and now you won't be embarrassed to show it off to your neighbors!
Note that you need to be careful on wood when using a pressure washer because it can be too intense and actually damaging!
Promising review: "I love this washer. It competes with my 2,200-PSI gas-powered pressure washer, which in fact I sold to keep this. But doesn't have the noisy gas engine or the heavy weight. Easy to move around, lightweight, and has great power. Very quiet. I love all the attachments and the different stream types. The soap dispenser works well. I'm cleaning everything, my deck, my house, the garage doors, the concrete slab. It takes off all the dirt and mold from the old concrete stairs and sidewalk." —Tim S.
Get it from Amazon for $159.
7. Some light-up flowers you can nestle amongst the *real* flowers in your flowerbeds around seating areas for a whimsical touch that'll make your backyard look like it's out of a fairytale once the sun sets.
Promising review: "The pictures don't do these justice. At night my backyard looks like a scene from Avatar. The light itself is not bright, but the colors are very vibrant and intense. The color transition is gradual and glowing. They are hypnotic to watch. During the day they are unobtrusive and don't look too fake or artificial. The green leaves are very bendable, the stems of the flowers are somewhat pliable, and the cloth that makes up the petals can be smoothed and manipulated a bit so you can make them look different and more realistic. I've had them for a couple of weeks and so far they are performing perfectly. They are simply beautiful and we love them!" —Zavanna
Get eight flowers (between two bunches) from Amazon for $24.99.
8. A salt gun made for killing flies, but it'll *also* be an effective, fun way to pick off mosquitoes at your leisure. Welcome to your new hobby for when you're sitting on the porch.
9. Magnetic grill lights that I'm sure even Hank Hill hasn't heard of!
But really though, why isn't every grill equipped with these from the factory?
Promising review: "This was a surprise for my husband. He loves them. The lights are nice and bright and make grilling those last few things that didn't get finished before dark hot. He's also used them early in the morning when he's setting the smoker up before dawn. He's happy and finding them very useful. He especially loves the magnet on bottom so he can hang them off of so many things while he's busy and he can use the flexibility to shine them where he needs them. Very awesome and easy to use." —Holly Gomez
Get two from Amazon for $11.99.
10. And an instant-read meat thermometer to help you FINALLY cook the perfect steak while you're grilling. Or maybe just not give your family food poisioning!
Promising review: "Couldn't be easier to use really. I tested it with ice water and boiling water and it seems to be pretty accurate. I've already cooked some steaks using it and they came out perfect. Plan to use it a lot with my smoker and expect good results there too. I love that it has the magnets so I can stick on the fridge, the grill or the smoker and it's always handy. And you really can't beat the price at under $10!" —FCC
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
11. A weather-resistant cedar pathway along garden beds or other paths that'll help protect where your family tends to tread and wear down the grass. The flowers are there to gaze upon, not tread all over.
12. Or some smol picket fencing (1 foot tall!) you can place around your prized garden beds to deter kids and pets from getting into them.
Promising review: "I have been looking for fencing to keep skunks out of my 'patio pond'....this fit the size, is good quality and is 'flexible' enough to bend around corners. Problems with the way they attach to each other but that seems to be common to these types of fencing. The manufacturer should look into some sort of clips to keep the pieces connected......decent price for as many as I got!" —Roseann from Dayton, OH
Get 18 composite pieces from Wayfair for $33.99.
13. Waterproof globe string lights for a big style impact when hung along your roofline, draped on outdoor structures like a pergola, or just strung up solo so you can enjoy the lights *and* the stars.
Reviewers note that you should remove the bulbs before stringing up the strands and then install the bulbs.
Promising review: "These lights were perfect for my patio, I've recieved plenty of compliments so far. The Edison light bulbs and beautiful and offer the perfect amount of lighting for any occasion...the clips were ideal for my eaves, the overhang of the roof, which made for simple installation...now just need to find a dimmer capable of handling the required wattage and the package will be complete." —Brody Vins
Get a strand from Amazon for $15.98+ (available in three styles and lengths).
14. And solar lights you can stake along a walkway or pond right where you need 'em. Lighting is key for getting more use out of your outdoor space in the fall. Oh, and they look nice in the daylight too!
Promising review: "Impressed with the size of the cell which provides a larger surface area for charging. The lights are the brightest I've seen for a solar light and the illumination covers a nice range. Placed them along my pond giving the place a classy look." —Percussionist
Get six from Amazon for $44.99.
15. A sunshade triangle rather than a canopy you can rig up over the patio or the kids' sandbox to block up to 95% of UV rays and keep things a bit cooler.
Promising review: "My pool is awesome when it gets into the hundreds of degrees here in California. We decided to grab a 20x20x20 triangle and holy cow does it do a number on the backyard! Not only does it keep my pool better-shaded, but it also keeps the sun off of my back patio during the hottest part of the day." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $26.98+ (available in 6 sizes and 13 colors).
16. A brick pizza oven building kit (with a foam form for easier building) in case you've given up hope on having one after trying to price them out...this Etsy shop has tons of plans to help you DIY and save!
Brickwood Ovens is a Lynden, Washington-based shop that sells downloadable pizza oven plans for less than a buck, along with this form! With this form you can build the base and oven in just three weekends (or less). And it looks great with any color of fire brick.
17. An outdoor drink stakes set that'll hold your beer while you tend to the fire pit or check out how those burgers are faring on the grill.
Promising review: "As always, my order was shipped quickly and in perfect condition. I love the bright colors and they are talk and sturdy. They are perfect for bottles, cabs, and cups... Not so good with stemmed wine glasses! No problem: I just ordered silicone stemless wine glasses!" —LaDonna Clark
19. A nice-looking shed where you can stash recycling bins, bikes, a lawnmower, and other hefty tools if you don't have room for a full-fledged shed.
Promising review: "Good quality. Easy to assemble. Parts are individually bagged and labeled. Holds two 32-gallon round barrels — which is what I wanted it for. Very compact, which was a factor for where i had to put it." —Joe in Brooklyn
20. A lighted umbrella that'll tilt (literally) to your whims and give you the right amount of shade and light when/where you want it.
Note that this includes just the umbrella, not the table!
Promising review: "I normally don’t like buying products like this sight unseen, but I’m very pleased with the look and especially with the solar lighting. We enjoyed a pleasant evening on the deck with just the right amount of ambient light tonight, and we are hopeful that it will prove to be durable." —Dee Williams
Get it from Amazon for $61.19+ (available in five color combos).
21. A roll of faux ivy to attach to ugly wire fencing, railing, or a trellis to obscure a view you don't love.
Promising review: "This is the second privacy screen I've purchased from Amazon. I have an area in my garden visible from the street. The screen hides all my gardening stuff (i.e. wheelbarrow, buckets, etc.). It truly looks like the real deal!!!" —soooz
Get a 94-inch X 39-inch roll from Amazon for $52.99.
23. A hanging lounge chair your dog will adore too and help make your space a lil' oasis for yourself — even in the smallest of backyards!
Promising review: "The only problem I have with this chair is: I only have one of them and the whole family now fights over it! Seriously, it is THAT comfortable and relaxing. Pretty easy to put together, my husband got it all assembled in less than an hour and then proceeded to open up a beer and fall asleep in it next to the pool, HA! I like to take my laptop out with me and work in it as the moveable umbrella shades my screen. Love love LOVE it!!" —Erin S
Get it from Amazon for $219.99+ (available in five colors).
24. A light-up palm tree as a fun lighting option where you need it. Now you're on island time.
25. A double hammock you totally have permission to use just by yourself.
FYI, this includes a spreader bar for easy setup and can hold up to 450 lbs.
Promising review: "This hammock is much more comfortable than any of those that we’ve had in the past. It looks great in the yard and is very comfortable and soft." —D
Get it from Amazon for $69.99+ (available in six colors).
26. A celestial fire pit that'll look great in the daylight and downright magical when lit at night. (Oh, and it'll be a toasty addition on chilly nights!)
27. A set of s'mores sticks to *safely* reach closer to the fire for you so you can achieve the perfect level of toasted on that marshmallow. It's extremely important!
Promising review: "These roasting sticks will get the job done. They retract easily and will be perfect for light use (roasting marshmallows) with our fire pit. Not extremely sturdy but not flimsy either. The metal points are not sharp which is a good thing if kids are handling them. I like the storage pouch it comes with too." —Sheri J. O
Get a set of five from Amazon for $9.98 (available in five color combos).
28. And a cute s'mores station you can park nearby nearby so no one has to hunt down the marshmallows when it's time for the best dessert on the planet.
29. And some chocolate-stuffed marshmallows that'll take an extra step out of making s'mores. Plus they'll perfect your chocolate-marshmallow ratio!
Promising review: "A friend had come across these once when they had gone camping for making smores. I thought that they would be great for our 'camping' that we have done during our lockdowns. They make the smores making experience so much easier. I love how the chocolate gets all warm too.
I have been brave and even tried some of their recipes for other uses for the marshmallows like making hot chocolate for the chocolate/chocolate ones. Super yummy, just make sure to cut them in half and that your milk is very warm before adding them." —MG.
Get two bags (one original, one chocolate-on-chocolate) from Amazon for $14.99.
32. An easy-to-install trellis can help you establish a garden focal point easy-peasy. This one's made of PVC so it'll be super easy to take care of!
It's just ready and waiting for a vine you can train to climb it!
Promising review: "Love the panel trellis. I added some artificial ivy to it for privacy from the next-door neighbor's house when sitting and have my coffee on the Zen patio. It went together in 20 minutes, tops. Very sturdy, should hold up well in the Arizona heat. Thank you once again for the fast service." —Cheryl from AZ
Get it from Wayfair for $71.99.