21 Products For Anyone With Sweet, Sweet Blood That Mosquitoes Love
For all levels of outdoorsy — from deep woods campers to porch lounge lizards.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bug bite suction tool that'll help you out with existing bites to remove the irritating venom, and help reduce itchiness, pain, and swollenness. Plus it works on other insect stings!
2. A camping hammock with a mosquito net so you can kick back, relax, and take in some nature BUT not *too* much nature, amiright?
3. A lemon-eucalyptus spray I bought and wore while hiking in Greece with NO bites! It really smells like lemon but that's a thing I can live with if it means I'm bite-free.
4. A 50-pack of repellent bracelets that've made fans out of people who are just super prone to bug bites or tend to have allergic reactions to traditional sprays. They're also waterproof and work for up to 200 hours! Your camping trip is covered.
6. A handheld bug zapper that'll make for a sizzling method of revenge when you're sitting on the porch, out for walks, or on a camping trip. Oh, the possibilities! (Note: Reviewers say it works on all types of bugs, not just mosquitoes!)
7. A salt gun made for killing flies, but it'll *also* be an effective, fun way to pick off mosquitoes at your leisure.
8. A pair of repelling citronella plants with a citrusy smell you can use to decorate your outdoor rooms solo or tuck around other plants you already have potted in containers.
9. A citronella-based balm as a way to put a familiar repelling ingredient to good use. Plus it's in a cute little tin you can throw into your bag!
10. Picaridin-based repellent for protecting yourself against a variety of buggers beyond just mosquitoes (like ticks, biting flies, sand flies, gnats, chiggers, and midges, depending on which formula you use).
11. Mosquito Bits you can sprinkle throughout your yard to stop mosquito larvae in their tracks in breeding hotspots like bodies of water. AND it works to keep away fungus gnats on house plants — which are also terrible!
12. A bite-relief stick tiny enough to take on the go every single day JUST IN CASE. It's also worth buying one for your first aid kit!
16. An LED camp lantern with scent-free repelling powers up to a 15-foot radius thanks to a cartridge.
17. A mosquito-net tent big enough to cover you while you're in the great outdoors, whether you're sleeping under the stars or in a tent.
18. Incense scents made with citronella, lemongrass, and rosemary essential oils that reviewers say work better than traditional citronella candles. You can nestle 'em in amongst your plant bbs on your deck to scare away the skeeters!
19. A net for your patio umbrella as an ~extra layer~ so you can sit and survey your kingdom, even if mosquitoes have infested it.
20. An investment-worthy hanging outdoor zapper the neighborhood homeowner's association just may give you an award for buying.
21. And a cool hanging citronella coil you can light while you're doing all the things you do on your front porch. Talk about a conversation starter!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.