31 Things You Need If You're Hungry But Lazy
Let's get you fed with microwave-cooking gadgets, an automatic stirrer, and food delivery that just consists of you opening the package.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Rapid Ramen Cooker from Shark Tank that'll transform a brick of noods into the base for a delish meal in just three minutes in the microwave! 'Tis time to put that ramen you've been hoarding in the pantry to tasty use.
2. Or if you wanna elevate your pantry old faithful, a Sun Noodle “Tantanmen” ramen kit to ensnare that restaurant taste for a mere short trip from your couch to microwave back to couch.
3. Pre-made simmer sauces you can lean on when you're super hungry but don't want to eat your entree dry. (I feel that.) These'll help make it happen without digging through your cabinet for some spice you've used once and then let expire.
4. Or The Omsom Bundle, which is really just fancy talk for flavorful Asian dish starters (aka, the sauces, aromatics, and seasonings) to keep stashed in your pantry for heavy lifting. Each comes with recipes you can easily follow along. Just add protein and veggies!
5. A variety pack of A Dozen Cousins ready-to-eat seasoned beans for an extremely tasty recipe of a dinner staple already zhuzhed up for you, unlike the bulk bag of dried black beans you bought at the grocery store but have actively avoided because of all the extra work.
6. A rapid egg cooker that'll help you nail down a protein source in lots of different ways! Or just fix yourself a big batch of deviled eggs, which IMO could make for a great dinner.
7. Or a microwave egg cooker can whip up all sorts of stuff like breakfast sandwich-sized eggs for you with a smaller storage footprint.
9. An Instant Pot – it can handle 9 (!!!!) kitchen tasks in one precious lil' appliance body so dinner's ready as soon as you walk in the door. Reviewers call it their "secret weapon," which I guess isn't so secret anymore... especially after I put it in every story about cooking. But it really is that good.
11. An under-cabinet lid opener that'll help pop open that jar of pasta sauce in a jiffy. Everyone can use this, but reviewers with limited dexterity especially find it helpful!
12. And a microwave pasta cooker that'll help you achieve al dente noods ready to top off with some jarred sauce. Who wants to turn on the stove and wait for that salted water to boil if you don't have to?! Not me.
13. Safe grabs silicone mats from Shark Tank for putting a safe barrier between your hands and whatever currently hot thing you just heated up in the microwave. (Wait a few before you actually put that meal in your mouth, OK?!)
14. A Dash air fryer with a quick timer so you can dip your toes (er, fingers) into the perfectly fried food options with far less oil and fat than traditional methods. It might even be quicker than hopping in the car to go pick up your fave fast food!
15. Freshly pre-cooked meals that'll help sub in for other grab 'n' go lunches you can shove in the microwave for something that doesn't *taste* like a microwave meal.
16. A rotating countertop oven for ~evenly~ cooking all sorts of frozen goodies. Will that frozen pizza ever taste homemade? Unlikely. But it sure can taste delicious thanks to this gadget that'll evenly cook it. Also we're just trying to get some food in you so you don't go all Godzilla on us.
17. *Reusable* toaster bags to help you achieve peak sandwich at home without firing up the stovetop *or* catching your toaster on fire! Gotta love a hot sandwich for dinner!
18. A snap-on silicone strainer for straining all sorts of stuff like pasta, veggies, and more in a snap so you can get to actually eating that stuff. Plus it shapes to your container with the goods in it, so you don't have to mourn any lost noods.
19. An automatic pan stirrer with a built-in timer to do, well, the stirring for you! Besides, you've got some important catching up to do on Instagram.
20. A microwave rice cooker because, um, that thing sitting in your kitchen can REALLY bring about some quick results. It'll steam rice, polenta, and couscous with ease in a mere 15 minutes.
21. SoCu Kitchen pancake and waffle mix — this one is lemon and blueberry! — for when that breakfast for dinner craving hits and assembling pancake mix from your pantry goods is too much effort. (Also, this'll taste drastically better.)
22. A griddler that'll help you make all sorts of scrumptious stuff with meat and veggies. Um, did someone say panini?
23. A colander spoon to let you scoop food straight out of the pot for a speed trip to Flavortown. Plus it'll be much easier to hand wash than a regular old colander.
25. A NatureBox Everyone's Favorite box that'll help you replenish some pantry snacks that aren't just potato chips. Plus this company has TONS of options for folks with food allergies or different dietary needs. Snacks, anyone? Sometimes you've gotta get a snack in before the meal's ready.
26. A personal blender to make whipping up a drinkable lunch that much easier. No more losing tasty gloops of smoothie when you transfer from your regular-sized blender to a drinking vessel.
27. A bamboo cutting board with color-coded mats so you don't have to keep washing the same cutting board over and over again while you're just cooking one dang meal. Oh and the mats? They're dishwasher-safe.
28. Lillie's of Charleston "Hab Mussy" Hot Mustard BBQ Sauce is already award-winning but you'll likely make up some awards of your own for it once you've used it as a marinade. More or less, it'll make most anything so much more delicious very, very quickly.
29. An Amazon Fresh membership can help keep you stocked up with eats without having to run out for them yourself because, shockingly, it's way easier to eat faster when you have food in the house! Also it is dangerous going into a grocery store when you're hungry.
30. Or a Hungryroot grocery delivery with 10-minute recipes tailored to your dietary needs/wants because you've been meaning to do so more research into buys that don't have artificial sweeteners, colors, or preservatives. But that sounds like a whole lotta work and your belly is eating your backbone.
31. And a magnetic microwave cover for keeping a microwave mess from lengthening the time between heating and eating.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.