60 Home Products You'll Probably Wish You'd Bought Years Ago
You can only move forward with your new reusable bacon grease towel, couch arm tray, stain-lifting pads, and other incredibly useful home items.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Wood polish and conditioner to revive all sorts of heirloom and sidewalk finds so you can bring your great-grandmother's rocking chair back to fighting condition for the nursery. You're going to start scouting out projects to tackle with this potion!
2. A humidifier that may seriously help your stuffy nasal passages and dry winter skin woes. Buy one for your bedroom AT LEAST but you'll thank yourself for buying one for your living area too. Just think of that harsh indoor heat!
4. Smart plugs that'll pair with Alexa, Google home, and IFTTT so you can finally dip your toe in the home automation pool you've been flirting with awhile now. New year, new you who's basically turned your home into Smart House, except for the scary dystopian stuff!
6. Foaming garbage disposer tablets to bring up all the gunk so you don't have to. It's gonna get GROSS but you can get through it to the much cleaner side.
7. A water mark removing cloth that could also do wonders on the nail polish remover you dribbled down your nightstand two years ago that's been a running "project for next weekend" for the past two years.
8. A slim cutlery organizer here to prove that, yes! You do have room for all your cutlery in your tiny kitchen drawer! Scoot over, forks.
9. A bacon sponge "unpaper" towel to help get the extra grease off of your fave breakfast side with a reusable kitchen tool!
10. A purr-fect coffee spoon that'll post up on the side of your mug once you've mixed in all the good stuff.
11. A couch clip-on table for that side where there's zero space to squeeze in a side table for your beverages and the remote.
12. A hanging boot organizer because maybe you spent New Year's Day re-watching Tidying Up to get you back in the organizing spirit post-holidays. (It's personally one of my fave soothing New Year's rituals.)
13. A jetted tub cleaner that'll make you gag with delight once you run it through your system and all the pipe filth emerges like some Ghostbusters sludge. Oh, and it's septic-safe.
14. A neutral runner to place in your hallway where you can hear EVERY footstep. This bit of cushioning underfoot will help dampen sound while making the overlooked space look homier.
15. And a faux cowhide rug to zhuzh up a corner of your home that's needed a little something for a while you haven't quite put your finger on it 'til now.
16. An tea press and tumbler that's dishwasher-safe and will fit in most fridge doors so you can have some none-coffee caffeine at the ready.
17. A scratchy lil' tool to FINALLY get all the pet hair off your fabric surfaces both inside your house and car. You'll wonder how you lived without it up until now.
18. Fishing rod organizers for your garage door because you can never seem to keep them in one place out of harm. (It sounds like a weird idea, but it totally works!)
19. A scratch-off world map that'll be a pretty reminder of your past travels and how staying inside not spending money will make your future travels even more spectacular!
20. An all-season comforter made of down alternative that is ACTUALLY MACHINE-WASHABLE. Seriously, leave the bedding and home goods that require dry cleaning in 2020. And it's reversible, so you can get a lil' versatile with your bedding scheme.
21. An Instant Pot 7-in-1 multicooker you'll be so sad you were sleeping on this whole time once you realize that this could be the biggest lazy-enabler in your kitchen since pizza delivery. And that's a good thing! (Yes, I believe even Martha uses one secretly.)
22. A silicone sink strainer that can make ridding it of tiny food particles easy as pie so you aren't awkwardly standing over your trash can raking them out of your OG metal strainer like a masked killer in a movie. I bought one of these and it truly is game-changing.
23. Stain-lifting pads made to tackle icky pet stains. You love 'em but you don't have to live with their stains. Seriously, you'll wish you could turn back time so you can tell Past You about them.
24. A baby gate to finally keep the dogs out of the kitchen while you're cooking. Or from stealing cat food. Or from scaring visitors. It's quite the problem-solver!
25. A Roku that works with Alexa so you can catch up on your stories from the couch without lifting a dang finger — JUST as nature intended. Seriously, why aren't you watching Superstore?
26. A memory-foam pillow to make your couch or fave chair feel *so* much comfier (yes, it's possible!) during your next binge-watching session.
27. An unassuming wall-mounted broom organizer that'll become your cleaning station with five spots for long-handed tools and six hooks to help corral product bottles.
28. A really good steam mop — it can help kill up to 99.9% of germs on household surfaces like wood, tile, marble, and linoleum. So that *should* cover a good amount for ya'.
29. A commercial-grade cleaner for getting at soap scum and grime on notoriously hard-to-clean shower doors. It's time to stop ignoring those scummy surfaces you encounter on the reg.
30. A set of reusable coffee pods you can fill with your favorite ground brew and then toss in your K-cup machine like normal. This'll put a halt to tons of plastic pod waste, both for the environment and your fam's monthly budget.
31. A luxe-looking futon no one will realize is a futon, unlike that metal monster you've been using as extra seating in the TV room. Blech.
32. A v good air mattress so you'll have something squishy to sleep on (instead of the couch or floor) when your in-laws visit for a week at a time.
33. An exterior trash can holder in case you're tired of 1) carting your patio trash back inside or 2) staring at an ugly trash can that does anything but look nice with your patio dining set.
34. A handsome Nic Cage sequin pillow cover because you *know* you've wanted it awhile. Just go ahead. Add to cart and then lovingly stroke that beautiful sequined face.
35. And a coffee mug that transforms from solid black to utter perfection you can sip from while parked beside your new throw pillow cover.
37. A Tasty wall calendar ready to reside on that awkwardly blank wall in your kitchen and remind you of the wonderful dinner possibilities. The recipe is *right there*.
38. Bamboo charcoal odor neutralizers you can keep in the mudroom and make a house rule that your kid with the stinkiest feet puts in their shoes as soon as they kick 'em off. It may even make those shoes last longer!
39. A storage bench that'll be perfect in the spot where everyone kicks off their shoes. Look! Cubbies where they can put those shoes!
40. A candle that smells like home because there's no place like home. But your current digs can at least smell a bit like it!
41. A marble-print desk in a much-easier-to-clean PVC laminated particleboard because maybe it's time you stop balancing your laptop on your lap on the couch. Just because it's *called* that doesn't mean that you have to park it there.
42. A tea bag organizer so you can finally reclaim your cabinet space from the miscellaneous tea boxes you forget you had until you need that ONE spice that also lives in the same cabinet.
43. Wool dryer balls you can toss in the dryer instead of chemical-coated dryer sheets that, psssst, leave behind buildup on the inside of your dryer and thus makes it less effective over time.
44. Satin pillow cases that I own and love! They'll become an essential for anyone who sleeps hot and/or wants to keep their hair and skin moisturized. Soooooo, everyone?
46. A hybrid mattress as an extremely comfy compromise if your partners swears they need springs and you want adaptive foam. Turns out, you can have both!
47. A limited-edition "tiny print" from Tiny Showcase, which is a market place chock full of stunning affordable art to help fill up your walls.
48. A faux-monstera plant complete with a planter and rocks for a realistic look even plant serial killers (like me!) can care after.
49. A heavy-duty Command hook that'll hold your step stool in place because you're tired of having to scoot it out of the way every time you have to get at something else in your closet. (I do this every single time and need this for my step stool!)
50. A NordVPN security system that'll keep your personal *and* WFH data protected and private by encrypting your internet connection.
51. A gel-infused mattress topper to help keep hot sleepers cool as a cucumber without sacrificing the cushy embrace of memory foam.
52. A professionally framed gallery wall because your attempts to put up your wedding photography haven't quite panned out and you just celebrated your fifth anniversary.
53. Fridge bin liners that'll absorb extra moisture in an effort to keep your produce fresher for longer. PLUS, they'll catch the brunt of messy spills and will be so much easier to clean than taking a drawer out of the fridge and awkwardly scrubbing it down in your sink. I've done that before and it's not great!
54. A foot massager you'll start using on the reg while you park on the couch and catch up on your stories after a long hard day sending tons of emails.
55. Some really good bath towels because it's way more affordable to invest in these and feel like you're getting the spa treatment than actually paying to go to a spa.
56. A floor lamp to help you light up your preferred reading corner. Tiny lights you can clamp onto your book help, but this'll be drastically better!
58. A phone soap sanitizer (and charger!) to park on your beside table so when you dock your fave gadget for the night so it can wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day too.
59. A Dyson stick vacuum that'll be so effective you may even *want* to clean. And this comes from me, a person who owns one, hates to clean, but takes joy in using it every single day. Weirder things have happened!
60. And a bidet attachment for your toilet because you could cut down on your toilet paper usage AND — not to be gross — but your butt does a lot for you. This is an easy way to treat it!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.