32 Ways To Make Everything You Own Last Forever
Because your grandkids are definitely going to want your black skinny jeans.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hey! While we try to keep our posts updated as much as we can, this post is actually from 2017, so we can't guarantee that the pricing and/or availability of the products featured are accurate. For our most up-to-date recommendations, check out the 2018 version of this post!
1. Eke a few more days out of those bananas you bought in bulk with some ~reusable~ produce-saving bags.
2. Keep your dryer's lint trap clear of debris with a brush to make drying cycles/the appliance more effective for longer.
3. Carry a retractable lint roller in your bag and prioritize removing dirt, dust, and other stuff from your clothing.
7. Clean puffer coats into a presentable state and keep them in your outerwear rotation by machine washing them at home.
8. Invest in a handheld steamer to freshen up your duds. (Especially if you hate the smell of at-home dry-cleaning kits.)
9. Stop mangling your bras in the wash with some specialty laundry bags that'll help cups keep their shape.
10. Remove product buildup from hot styling tools like curling irons and flat irons so they actually do their jobs again.
11. Stick tights in the freezer after you buy them to help prevent runs.
13. Maintain freshness for as much as three times longer with this BPA-free herb saver that can easily store upright in your fridge door — when assembled, of course.
14. Use wool balls instead of liquid fabric softener to prevent buildup on your machines and clothing when doing laundry.
16. Spiff up baked-on cookie sheets with a two-ingredient cleaner made of stuff that's already in your kitchen cabinet.
19. De-pot lipstick remnants in to a new container so you can keep enjoying the same source of color for a tad bit longer.
20. And keep the makeup that's already on your face looking pristine with this matte-finish setting spray.
21. Lengthen the life of your blinds with a microfiber cleaner that'll get in all the nooks you can't.
22. Annihilate foundation, eyeshadow, and other beauty potions with this brush-cleaning mat that'll extend your favorite brushes' careers.
24. And deodorize shoes that you can't throw in the wash — or need constant good-smelling upkeep — with these charcoal inserts.
27. Invest in some nail polish thinner (for as much $ as a drugstore polish) to bring your old bottles back to life.
There'll still be plenty of vodka left for this.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.