24 Things That'll Help Keep You From Getting Eaten Alive By Mosquitoes
Go snack on somebody else, you blood-sucking fiends.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A lemon-eucalyptus spray I bought and wore while hiking in Greece with NO bites! It really smells like lemon but that's a thing I can live with if it means I'm bite-free. (And I'm a total mosquito repellent.)
2. A 50-pack of repellent bracelets that've made fans out of people who are just super prone to bug bites or tend to have allergic reactions to traditional sprays. They're also waterproof and work for up to 200 hours! Your camping trip is covered.
3. A salt gun made for killing flies, but it'll *also* be an effective, fun way to pick off mosquitoes at your leisure. Look at your productive new hobby!
4. Or a handheld bug zapper that'll make for a sizzling method of revenge when you're sitting on the porch, out for walks, or on a camping trip. Oh, the possibilities! (Note: Reviewers say it works on all types of bugs, not just mosquitoes!)
5. Picaridin-based repellent for protecting yourself against a variety of buggers beyond just mosquitoes (like ticks, biting flies, sand flies, gnats, chiggers, and midges, depending on which formula you use).
7. A net for your patio umbrella as an ~extra layer~ so you can sit and survey your kingdom, even if mosquitoes have infested it.
10. A pair of repelling citronella plants with a citrusy smell you can use to decorate your outdoor rooms solo or tuck around other plants you already have potted in containers.
11. Incense scents made with citronella, lemongrass, and rosemary essential oils that reviewers say work better than traditional citronella candles. You can nestle 'em in amongst your plant bbs on your deck to scare away the skeeters!
14. A citronella-based balm as a way to put a familiar repelling ingredient to good use. Plus it's in a cute little tube you can carry in your pocket (or carry-on on a plane as the reviewer points out)!
15. A camping hammock with a mosquito net that'll help you kick back, relax, and take in some nature without worrying about those annoying critters.
16. Mosquito Bits you can sprinkle throughout your yard to stop mosquito larvae in their tracks in breeding hotspots like bodies of water. AND it works to keep away fungus gnats on house plants — which are also terrible!
17. A cool hanging citronella coil to light while you're doing all the things you do on your front porch. Talk about a conversation starter!
20. An LED camp lantern with scent-free repelling powers in up to a 15-foot radius thanks to a cartridge.
21. A mosquito-net tent big enough to cover you while you're in the great outdoors, whether you're sleeping under the stars or in a tent.
22. An investment-worthy hanging outdoor zapper the neighborhood homeowners' association just may give you an award for buying.
23. And for when you DO get bit, a bug bite suction tool will help remove the irritating venom, and help reduce itchiness, pain, and swollenness. Plus it works on other insect stings!
24. And a bite-relief stick tiny enough to take on the go every single day JUST IN CASE. It's also worth buying one for your first aid kit!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.