If You're Constantly Cleaning Up After Your Family, These 36 Cleaning Products Will Make Your Life Easier
Here's to hoping the people you clean up after will learn from your example.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A drill brush cleaning kit you can attach to your drill/driver for an informercial-like cleaning sesh at the flip of a switch that'll have you seeking out all the dirty surfaces your roommates have been ignoring.
2. Some slow-cooker liners you can force upon the person who insists on making spinach artichoke dip but never cleans out the slow cooker insert afterward.
3. A steaming microwave cleaner for harnessing the power of your anger to loosen up crud and dirt inside your microwave for wipeable messes. And still, no one will fess up to leaving spaghetti way too long to heat.
4. A jar of the The Pink Stuff — a TikTok-famous cleaning paste made to handle all kinds of sticky, stuck-on situations that've been neglected far too long like this nasty-looking kitchen faucet.
5. A Bissell SpotBot as a hands-free spot scrubber you can leave and let scrub the red wine stain your partner kindly left for you. Turns out, you won't have to buy a runner to cover that spot after all!
6. Or a carpet cleaning solution with results so impressive (just cast your eyes below this text!) that you may have to bleep out your own reaction. No more making yourself forget that carpet was beige when your family moved in.
7. An oil stain remover capable of annihilating that grease stain your pal's junker left behind that you thought made your garage or driveway a goner.
8. Some water bottle-cleaning tablets to make sure everyone's go-to container actually gets cleaned. You simply drop one into the container, walk away, and then come back to a container ready for a rinse and a WOW. Go ahead, show the results to the person who left that dirty dish in the sink.
9. A rust-removing spray to work like a magic trick in neglected showers, minus the elbow grease. Spray it on the rusted surround of your basement shower you never use, leave the room, and come back to diminished stains you can easily wipe away.
10. Grandma's Secret, an under-the-radar solution with serious stain-removing prowess — like, cleaning pen from a white leather couch. It involves application, a teensy bit of scrubbing, and letting it sit to work while you knock out other chores.
11. A fume-free oven cleaner to revive an oven that you thought was too far gone thanks to others' errant drips and spillovers.
12. A scratchy lil' tool that'll FINALLY get all the pet hair off your fabric surfaces both inside your house and car. You'll wonder how you lived without up until now.
13. A pumice stone toilet bowl cleaner to remove all sorts of stubborn rings that've been staring at you every time you're in the washroom. Nope, you do NOT need a new toilet. Your OG just requires some zhuzhing.
14. Some rust stain-removing gel that'll get at the unsightly rust that just so happens to show its ugly face around sink drains. It's haunting you every time you brush your teeth, but it's time to banish it. The magic is in letting it *sit.*
15. A jar of ear cleaner wipes for your poor pup's ears that'll tackle goop, gunk and help prevent ear infections and wax buildup.
16. A dishwashing spray for anyone without a dishwasher (or even with one!) whose housemates tend to leave dishes in the sink for DAYS. This spray will make it to where you just have to SWIPE off the gunk and rinse instead!
17. Foaming garbage disposer tablets so your biggest kitchen helper can keep running on 100 instead of ruining your day.
18. Stove counter gap covers that'll keep pesky crumbs within sight instead of down between your cabinets and appliances. Wipe ups are about to get *much* faster.
19. Nonstick oven liners to clean up your roommate's frozen pizza cheese spills without *actually* having to clean your oven.
20. And stove burner covers that'll do the same for you up top. And you can even run them through the dishwasher!
21. A drain clog remover to once and for all unearth the annoying hair monster lurking down in your shower drain...even though everyone in your house is supposed to be clearing the drain after their showers. Happy nightmares!
Promising review: "When I pulled the orange plastic spiked strip from the package, I was immediately skeptical and felt like all those 5-star reviews were from people who exist in an alternate universe. I was tempted to initiate a return on Amazon but decided that I might as well gamble on a piece of $9 plastic before gambling $200 on a plumber. I slipped the plastic strip down my shower drain and literally FIVE SECONDS LATER I was pulling up gobs and gobs and gobs of hair. HOLY COW!!!!!!!! OHMYGOSH. I can't believe I still have any hair left on my head. SO MUCH REPULSIVE GUNK!!!! I saved my prize hairball on the shower floor to show my husband because I knew he would be as skeptical as I was. We both agree it looks like a small raccoon or a large squirrel lying helplessly on my shower floor. It's a grisly, messy, smelly and oh-so-rewarding job." —Chocolate and Chips
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $9.88.
22. A targeted cleaner that has a commercial-strength formula to cut through the mess to annihilate tough soap scum on shower doors, tub bottoms, sinks, whatever.
Promising review: "Sharing our nasty before picture so you can really see the difference! Our tub/shower has a grippy bottom and scum and dirt cakes on there so easily. The only way I've been able to get it off before was literally scraping it inch by inch, I've spent hours and all it ever got was somewhat clean - never enough for me to want to take a real bath in it. This stuff is expensive but with the good reviews I decided to try it, it works amazingly!! I sprayed it on (it came with a great spray nozzle and a lid) and left it for about 15–20 minutes. Then I took a brush with hard plastic bristles (I believe a soft brush would have even worked) and with less than 20 minutes of scrubbing the entire tub and walls it was cleaner than when we moved in. The grime and scum almost like melted off. It smells pleasant, it's not crazy strong smelling but in an enclosed space I still felt the need to wear a mask while cleaning." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.88.
23. A wheel cleaner to easily undo the grunge of the road after your teenager borrowed your car to apparently drive through the woods.
Promising review: "It will take one look from your friends to say 'Did you buy some new wheels?' This stuff is absolutely amazing. For the full effect, dismount your wheel, spray the back. Go do something for 10 minutes. Wash with water, no scrubbing needed. Turn the rim face up, do it again. Do the rest of your rims, and don't forget the tire protectant when you reinstall them. This stuff will handle salt, road tar, off-road dirt and mud — you get it dirty, it comes clean. Where was this stuff when I was racing off-road?" —johnfcon
Get it from Amazon for $16.26.
24. An affordable hand vac that'll make cleaning up discarded fluff from your furniture NBD. Seriously, walking around like an animal fur hedgehog out of laziness is no way to live.
Promising review: "Holy crap!! Are you skeptical when it comes to buying stuff online? ME TOO! That's why I figured all of these rave reviews were a crock of crap. I've seriously bought every kind of vacuum out there. But I have four cats and a Golden Retriever, so I was getting desperate! I believe the saying is… a picture is worth a thousand words. Check mine out! Of note, the 'before' picture was taken of my dog's bed AFTER it went through the washer and dryer. Look at all of that left behind hair!!! And the 'after' picture was taken after only THREE MINUTES spent vacuuming her bed. I. Am. SOLD! BTW, I've NEVER taken the time to review a product before, just FYI." —Luka Chan
Get it from Amazon for $38.99.
25. And a wall-mounted Shop-Vac to make the chore of vacuuming your car out after a road trip (or just a trip to the drive-thru) a breeze.
26. And a robotic vacuum that'll hook up to Alexa for voice control, which is the closest you're getting to acting like an evil stepsister at the moment. (Hopefully!)
29. A leather car seat cleaner and conditioner that'll take out dirt and oils and leave behind a nourishing barrier to help prevent further UV damage.
31. A four-way cleaning brush to make big moves on those black suede (or nubuck!) boots your sister stole for a night and decided to shuffle around in the dirt while wearing last weekend. Their days are no longer numbered.
32. A red wine stain remover that can work on soooo many other stains your butter fingers roommate creates on ALL your stuff.
33. An ~all-natural~ stain remover to annihilate those makeup-stained garments you gave up on as soon as you spotted them in the laundry pile, you might swear.
35. A doormat for both the inside and outside of your entry doors...that way you can stop more dirt from entering your home and easily switch the welcome wagon when you feel like it.
36. A set of protective kick mats because no matter how many times you say "Stop kicking!" your kids keep on doing it like it's their job. It'll be much easier to clean dirt and grime off the mats instead of your seats.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.