If Your Pet Sheds Everywhere, These 26 Products Will Help
::in emo:: Their hair, it's everywhere.....
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A grooming rake that'll help loosen tangles and lighten your pup's undercoat — without the yelps.
Promising reviews: "It really gets out the hair from the undercoat of my Aussie without pulling and hurting her. It came highly recommended by my groomer. It really helps with shedding, pulls that undercoat out, and keeps my old girl cool in the Florida heat." —R. Smith
"This works amazing. I am a groomer and this works really well for the clients who have dogs with a lot of undercoat that’s shedding. I may get a second one for home use. And you can’t beat the price!" —Whitney
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
2. Or a different grooming rake (pick your poison!) specifically designed for dogs with thick, dense fur or double coats.
3. A dog shampoo to reduce shedding and hopefully keep you from feeling like a giant fur-covered porcupine every time you get up from the couch.
Reviewers say that their dogs shed A LOT after the first wash with this deshedding shampoo, but over time they notice less shedding.
Promising review: "I used to be a professional dog groomer, and this stuff works!! Nothing takes away all the shedding of course, but this stuff and the conditioner really make a huge difference. The key is mostly in the conditioner; you rub it in to the coat, then use a dog dryer (NO heat) to blow the conditioner into the coat backwards. Next rinse out completely and again use the dryer. I like the fact that the ingredients are not full of all kinds of chemicals." —Jon
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
4. A bottle of Burt's Bees dander-reducing spray to help get your cat's coat to a soft, shiny spot with far less flakes, dander, and loose fur.
5. Or a pack of Burt's Bees cat wipes that'll keep your kitty fresh between baths. It basically does the same thing as the spray. So it's up to you and your cat's preference!
6. An allergy supplement that reviewers say has helped dogs will all sorts of skin sensitivities scratch and shed less. They have a dose of probiotics and other nutrients said to help improve immune function, aid digestion, promote healthy skin, and add shine to a dog's coat.
7. A doggie blow-dryer with a flexible hose and two heating settings to help transform your dog from wet mess to runway ready.
8. A deshedding tool that'll remove the undercoat on long-haired cats...minus the painful tugging.
Promising review: "I was desperately trying to find a groomer who took care of cats, I ordered the Furminator and had the most amazing results and no longer need to hire a cat groomer. All three of my cats love to be brushed with the Furminator. And I no longer have any tumbleweeds of fur on the floor. I love this thing, it’s amazing how well it works." —sunny and cher
Get it from Amazon for $19.66+ (available in two sizes and four styles).
9. A 16-piece grooming kit to create a glamorous transformation everyone in your life should see on your Instagram. (And by everyone in your life, I mean ME.)
10. A reusable roller dog hair remover that'll have you toss your old sticky roller after you see how much fur this reusable one (it has a sturdy brush system) picks up on surfaces you thought were just going to be covered in fur forever.
11. A detangling shampoo might just have you filming a slo-mo video for your grid of your dog shaking his glossy, NOT tangly ears.
12. A low-noise electric pet shaver for scaredy cats (and dogs) who don't do well at the groomer's. It's easily rechargeable and equipped with a safe, stainless-steel blade.
13. A scratchy lil' tool that'll FINALLY get all the pet hair off your fabric surfaces both inside your house and car. You'll wonder how you lived without up until now.
14. A pack of grooming wipes perfect for in between grooming appointments or as an alternative to professional grooming if you can't get your dog there for health or financial reasons.
Promising review: These are great wipes. I use them for my cat. She enjoys being wiped down with these. I use one in each hand and give her a massage everyday using these wipes. They smell nice and are very moist, not dry at all. They are also nice and big and thick! These will be the only wipes I buy for her from now on. I’ve tried others and these are by far the best ones. So happy I finally found these for my cat. They help tremendously with her shedding and dander. Most importantly, she loves them. She purrs the whole time i use these on her. Great product!" —Online Shopping is My Middle Name!
15. An affordable hand vac that'll make cleaning up discarded fluff from your furniture NBD. Seriously, walking around in a fur suit out of laziness is no way to live.
Promising review: "Holy crap!! Are you skeptical when it comes to buying stuff online? ME TOO! That's why I figured all of these rave reviews were a crock of crap. I've seriously bought every kind of vacuum out there. But I have four cats and a Golden Retriever, so I was getting desperate! I believe the saying is… a picture is worth a thousand words. Check mine out! Of note, the 'before' picture was taken of my dog's bed AFTER it went through the washer and dryer. Look at all of that left behind hair!!! And the 'after' picture was taken after only THREE MINUTES spent vacuuming her bed. I. Am. SOLD! BTW, I've NEVER taken the time to review a product before, just FYI." —Luka Chan
Get it from Amazon for $38.99.
16. A broom for pet hair to unearth all that fur stuck in your area rug you've just learned to live with by now. It also works on wood and linoleum. And the handle extends from 36 to 60 inches!
17. And a touchless stationary vacuum you can simply sweep that pile of fur into rather than scooping it into a dust pan and then trying to dump it into the trash can, only to have hair flying around everywhere.
18. A mounted brush that'll help your cat get in some scritches while loosening fur you don't have time to brush. Go ahead, be productive doing other things with your hands!
19. A pair of sweeper slippers so you can pick up fur (and even some of your own dirt and hair) as you stroll around your home. They also fit over a Swiffer! And are machine-washable!
20. A hair-removing glove for pets who KNOW what you're doing when you pull out a regular brush. They'll think they're getting a total treat but I'll keep our evil secret.
21. A pet-proof seat cover to help the inside of your car from turning into a tornado of pet fur. It also catches sand and dirt too. So that's good news.
22. And a furniture cover that'll do the same for your pet's favorite perch, no matter how many times you tell 'em they're not allowed up there. And when it's in need of a clean, just throw it in the washing machine.
23. A handy TubShroom to take on the hard task of helping clean out your tub after bathtime. It works well for human *and* pet hair, just so you know.
24. Or a drain clog remover in case it's a little too late for that. Use this, then put in a TubShroom so your future is a little less gross.
26. Or! A robot vacuum that'll hook up to Alexa for voice control, which is the closest you're getting to acting like an evil stepsister at the moment. (Hopefully!)
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.