If You Want Home Makeover Show Level Results, Try Out One Of These 35 Products
Best take some before and after pics because the neighbors aren't gonna believe it's the same place.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A water-mark-removing cloth that could also do wonders on the nail polish remover you dribbled down your nightstand two years ago that's been a running "project for next weekend" for the past two years. Weird water marks on your lovely bay window sill? Poof! Gone!
2. Wood polish and conditioner to revive all sorts of wood surfaces around the house. Hardwood floor that looks gray? Check! Kitchen cabinets you priced out as a total horror story? Check x2! Front door you thought about replacing Check x3!
3. Interlocking Teak tiles you don't need tools to install on outdoor hard sufaces. They're great for rental properties because you can take them apart and take them with you when you move!
4. A jetted tub cleaner that'll make you gag with delight once you run it through your system and all the pipe filth emerges like some Ghostbusters sludge. So much better to do this without TV cameras rolling.
5. Fishing rod organizers for your garage door so you can actually park your car in there. Maybe even two! Can't you just imagine the "before" montage of you walking through the maze of garage sports equipment?
6. And an unassuming wall-mounted broom organizer to become your cleaning station with five spots for long-handed tools and six hooks to help corral product bottles. You don't need another closet. You just need better closet organization.
7. A commercial-grade cleaner for getting at soap scum and grime on notoriously hard-to-clean shower doors. Just don't accidentally walk into your like-new shower doors bc they're *that* clean. Blooper reels are way less fun IRL.
8. An exterior shed big enough for recycling bins, bikes, a lawnmower, and other hefty tools in case you're tired of 1) carting your patio trash back inside or 2) staring at an ugly trash can that does anything but look nice with your patio dining set. It's a necessary evil but now it's a ~hidden~ necessary evil.
9. A weather-resistant cedar pathway you can roll out along garden beds or other paths where your family tends to tread and wear down the grass. Plus it'll highlight your prize hydrangeas!
10. Some concrete paint – it will take a bit of elbow grease to spruce up stained concrete patios or walkways but it'll make a HUGE difference without tearing up any hard surfaces.
11. A power washer to give you an oh-so-satisfying "after" when it comes to stained and worse-for-wear concrete surfaces and fences. Turns out you don't need a new fence. It just needed a good bath!
12. A roll of faux ivy that you can easily attach to ugly wire fencing, railing, or a trellis to obscure a view you don't love...like your neighbors' backyard, which you'd love to nominate for a makeover show.
13. A light-up palm tree that'd be the fun accent lighting that an interior designer (who your dad thinks has a weird haircut) would add to your deck. Now my tropical drink hand is empty.
14. And some light-up flowers you can nestle amongst the *real* flowers in your flowerbeds around seating areas, for a whimsical touch that'll make your backyard look like it's out of a fairytale once the sun sets.
15. Metallic spray paint for a weekend afternoon project of refinishing tired metal furniture that'll have substantial payoff. Just look at that zhuzhed bistro set!
16. Colorful flower pots with draining holes and hooks so the plants inside can ~thrive~ while they sit there looking pretty. These'll easily brighten up a deck or balcony railing with zero commitment.
17. An easy-to-install trellis to establish a garden focal point. This one's made of PVC so it'll be super easy to take care of!
18. A marble-print desk to transform a what-do-we-do-with-this corner into your envy-inducing home office. If you can fit a desk there, it can works!
19. A painting kit to transform your white fridge into a "stainless steel" beaut. It'll for sure be a project. But have you priced out fridges lately?
20. A tea bag organizer because, look, so cabinet replacements can cost tens of thousands of dollars. But you just need to find your bags of green tea for your afternoon cuppa. This'll help easily solve that problem.
21. And if you want a total kitchen transformation, a kitchen cabinet painting kit that requires ZERO stripping or priming *might* make you wonder if you're in someone else's house before you've had your coffee.
22. A stone-effect spray paint that'll help transform an extremely '80s bathroom vanity. It won't be a 30-minute project, but the price point sure will beat replacing it with a new top.
23. Or a roll of self-adhesive marble film – it still won't be the breeziest project for your bathroom countertop, but will be super renter-friendly, if that's of interest!
24. A rust stain-removing gel to help the gross shower. Lots of folks have gotten clean in that bathroom, but it that doesn't have to feel that way.
25. Floating bookshelves to help you get the library of your dreams — without hiring a cabinet person, trying to Tetris together a bunch of tall pre made bookcases, or even finding a floor-to-ceiling expanse of blank wall.
26. A faux houseplant that'll help you get a 30-minute TV show result on a weekend schedule with just one person — you. No landscape contractor needed!
28. A leather conditioner that'll revive your leather goods *even* as large as a leather couch! Welcome to your next project while you catch up on the latest ep of your fave true-crime podcast!
29. A set of room-darkening velvet curtains to create a super dramatic look on the cheap. That goes double if you're avoiding painting at all costs.
30. A hanging frame helper so you can finally get all your wall art up and make it feel like home without eyeballing it. A room doesn't look lived-in 'til you actually have stuff hanging up on the walls. Sorry, I don't make the laws!
31. A grout paint pen so you don't have to stare at the stained grout and imagine what it used to look like. Grout takes up a teeny bit of space but, as you can see from the pics, makes a huge impact!
32. A pumice stone toilet bowl cleaner to remove all sorts of stubborn rings that've been staring at you every time you're in the washroom. Nope, you do NOT need a new toilet. Your OG just requires some zhuzhing.
33. Some (truly easy) under-cabinet lights that'll bring a modern touch to any outdated cabinets that you wish you could replace. This'll instantly make your kitchen look *so* expensive.
34. A set of stainless-steel-and-glass soap dispensers with your dollar-store shower products decanted into them will help make your bathroom look like a spa. It's the little touches!
35. And an undercover dog bed for your furry lil' angel whose prime lounging spot is in the middle of your living room floor. This'll look far better than their favorite raggedy blanket. And it's machine-washable!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.