70 Home Products You'll Probably Wish You'd Bought Years Ago
Welcome to Regretsville. Population: You. (But Regretsville is super cute now since you moved into town.)
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Wood polish and conditioner to revive all sorts of heirloom and sidewalk finds so you can bring your great-grandmother's rocking chair back to fighting condition for the nursery. You're going to start scouting out projects to tackle with this potion!
2. A humidifier that may seriously help your stuffy nasal passages and dry winter skin woes. Buy one for your bedroom AT LEAST but you'll thank yourself for buying one for your living area too. Just think of that harsh indoor heat!
4. Foaming garbage disposer tablets to bring up all the gunk so you don't have to. It's gonna get GROSS but you can get through it to the much cleaner side.
5. A slim cutlery organizer to make room for the rest of the stuff you've been keeping in an unwieldy standing container on your countertop. Trust me, I have it and love it!
6. A jar of the The Pink Stuff — a TikTok-famous cleaning paste made to handle all kinds of sticky, stuck-on situations like this nasty-looking kitchen faucet.
7. A bacon sponge "unpaper" towel to help get the extra grease off of your fave breakfast side with a reusable kitchen tool!
8. A purr-fect coffee spoon that'll post up on the side of your mug once you've mixed in all the good stuff.
9. A couch clip-on table for that side where there's zero space to squeeze in a side table for your beverages and the remote.
10. A hanging boot organizer because maybe you just rewatched Tidying Up to get you back in the organizing spirit. (I personally find it very soothing.)
11. A jetted tub cleaner that'll make you gag with delight once you run it through your system and all the pipe filth emerges like some Ghostbusters sludge. Oh, and it's septic safe.
12. A neutral runner to place in your hallway where you can hear EVERY footstep. This bit of cushioning underfoot will help dampen sound while making the overlooked space look homier.
13. And a faux-cowhide rug to zhuzh up a corner of your home that's needed a little something for a while you haven't quite put your finger on it 'til now.
14. An tea press and tumbler that's dishwasher safe and will fit in most fridge doors so you can have some noncoffee caffeine at the ready.
15. A scratchy lil' tool to FINALLY get all the pet hair off your fabric surfaces both inside your house and car. You'll wonder how you lived without it up until now.
16. Fishing rod organizers for your garage door because you can never seem to keep them in one place out of harm. (It sounds like a weird idea, but it totally works!)
17. A scratch-off world map that'll be a pretty reminder of your past travels and how staying inside not spending money will make your future travels even more spectacular!
18. An all-season comforter made of down alternative that is ACTUALLY MACHINE WASHABLE. Seriously, leave the bedding and home goods that require dry cleaning in 2020. And it's reversible, so you can get a lil' versatile with your bedding scheme.
19. An Instant Pot 7-in-1 multi-cooker you'll be so sad you were sleeping on this whole time once you realize that this could be the biggest lazy-enabler in your kitchen since pizza delivery. And that's a good thing! (Yes, I believe even Martha uses one secretly.)
20. A silicone sink strainer that can make ridding it of tiny food particles easy as pie so you aren't awkwardly standing over your trash can raking them out of your OG metal strainer like a masked killer in a movie. I bought one of these and it truly is game-changing.
21. A baby gate to finally keep the dogs out of the kitchen while you're cooking. Or from stealing cat food. Or from scaring visitors. It's quite the problem-solver!
22. A Roku that works with Alexa so you can catch up on your stories from the couch without lifting a dang finger — JUST as nature intended. Seriously, why aren't you watching Superstore?
23. A memory foam pillow to make your couch or fave chair feel *so* much comfier (yes, it's possible!) during your next binge-watching session.
24. An unassuming wall-mounted broom organizer that'll become your cleaning station with five spots for long-handled tools and six hooks to help corral product bottles.
25. Or a pair of broom holders in case you've gotta get a little more nimble with your closet storage solutions. I use my coat closet to store cleaning supplies because, well, NYC one-bedroom apartment. And these broom holders have made SUCH a difference in the organization.
26. A really good steam mop — it can help kill up to 99.9% of germs on household surfaces like wood, tile, marble, and linoleum. So that *should* cover a good amount for ya'.
27. A commercial-grade cleaner for getting at soap scum and grime on notoriously hard-to-clean shower doors. It's time to stop ignoring those scummy surfaces you encounter on the reg.
28. A set of reusable coffee pods you can fill with your favorite ground brew and then toss in your K-Cup machine like normal. This'll put a halt to tons of plastic pod waste, both for the environment and your fam's monthly budget.
29. And a set of K-Cup cleaning pods in case your Keurig is starting to have problems. Give these for a go for $11 before shelling out cash for a new machine! The glass on the left shows the progress with a few cycles.
30. A velvet slipcover to give your ragged old couch a complete new look. Plus, the slipcover comes with straps to keep it in place so you don't have to futz with it all the time.
31. A set of TikTok-famous adjustable mug organizers that'll help you better use your kitchen cabinet space *and* also keep your mugs safer since they fit on top of a mug, creating a setup where you can safely stack a second mug on top instead of googling replacements.
Psst — if you want to see them in action, check out this viral TikTok of the mug organizers that's clocked millions of views.
Promising review: "I love these cup organizers. I have a small cabinet above where my coffeepot is and these have made it a pleasure to open that cabinet. All cups are organized and easy to get to. They stay right where they should be. No more stacking them inside one another and them falling over when I opened the cabinet. I also use these for some bowls in my dish set. Works great. I just ordered a couple more and I am going to use them for my china cabinet. I wondered when I first bought them because the price was a little high. Worth every penny and more. I can not say enough good about these." —ChefGirl
Get a set of six (to organize 12 mugs) from Amazon for $24.99 (available in two colors).
32. A luxe-looking futon no one will realize is a futon, unlike that metal monster you've been using as extra seating in the TV room. Blech.
33. A v good air mattress so you'll have something squishy to sleep on (instead of the couch or floor) when your in-laws visit for a week at a time.
34. An exterior trash can holder in case you're tired of 1) carting your patio trash back inside or 2) staring at an ugly trash can that does anything but look nice with your patio dining set.
35. A handsome Nic Cage sequin pillow cover because you *know* you've wanted it awhile. Just go ahead. Add to cart and then lovingly stroke that beautiful sequined face.
36. And a coffee mug that transforms from solid black to utter perfection you can sip from while parked beside your new throw pillow cover.
38. Bamboo charcoal odor neutralizers you can keep in the mudroom and make a house rule that your kid with the stinkiest feet puts in their shoes as soon as they kick 'em off. It may even make those shoes last longer!
39. A storage bench that'll be perfect in the spot where everyone kicks off their shoes. Look! Cubbies where they can put those shoes!
40. A terrazzo-print desk in a much easier-to-clean PVC-laminated particleboard because maybe it's time you stop balancing your laptop on your lap on the couch. Just because it's *called* that doesn't mean that you have to park it there.
41. A tea bag organizer so you can finally reclaim your cabinet space from the miscellaneous tea boxes you forget you had until you need that ONE spice that also lives in the same cabinet.
42. Wool dryer balls you can toss in the dryer instead of chemical-coated dryer sheets that, psssst, leave behind buildup on the inside of your dryer and thus makes it less effective over time.
43. Satin pillowcases that I own and love! They'll become an essential for anyone who sleeps hot and/or wants to keep their hair and skin moisturized. Soooooo, everyone?
44. The Omsom Bundle, which is really just fancy talk for flavorful Asian dish starters (aka, the sauces, aromatics, and seasonings) to keep stashed in your pantry for heavy lifting. Each comes with recipes you can easily follow. Just add protein and veggies!
45. And a variety pack of A Dozen Cousins ready-to-eat seasoned beans, an extremely tasty recipe of a dinner staple. You only have to put the bag in the microwave for 60 seconds, which'll help you concentrate on the other parts of your meal. (I love the Trini Chickpea Curry with rice for a super-satisfying weekday lunch.)
46. An Always Pan you'll wanna leave out on your stove top (like I do) because it looks pretty *and* you'll use it so often. I has a nonstick surface, vented top, mesh basket for steaming, and high-quality spoon that hooks onto the handle. So, uh, this covers a LOT.
48. A hybrid mattress as an extremely comfy compromise if your partner swears they need springs and you want adaptive foam. Turns out, you can have both!
49. A reed oil diffuser more or less made for folks like me who can't keep actual plants alive. Lucky for you and I, these faux flowers look *quite* realistic.
50. A limited-edition "tiny print" from Tiny Showcase, which is a marketplace chock-full of stunning affordable art to help fill up your walls.
51. A faux monstera plant complete with a planter and rocks for a realistic look even plant serial killers (like me!) can care for.
52. A heavy-duty Command hook that'll hold your step stool in place because you're tired of having to scoot it out of the way every time you have to get at something else in your closet. (I do this every single time and need this for my step stool!)
53. A NordVPN security system that'll keep your personal *and* WFH data protected and private by encrypting your internet connection.
54. A gel-infused mattress topper to help keep hot sleepers cool as a cucumber without sacrificing the cushy embrace of memory foam.
55. A professionally framed gallery wall because your attempts to put up your wedding photography haven't quite panned out and you just celebrated your fifth anniversary.
56. Fridge bin liners that'll absorb extra moisture in an effort to keep your produce fresher for longer. PLUS, they'll catch the brunt of messy spills and will be so much easier to clean than taking a drawer out of the fridge and awkwardly scrubbing it down in your sink. I've done that before and it's not great!
57. A foot massager you'll start using on the reg while you park on the couch and catch up on your stories after a long, hard day sending tons of emails.
58. Some really good bath towels because it's way more affordable to invest in these and feel like you're getting the spa treatment than actually paying to go to a spa.
59. A floor lamp to help you light up your preferred reading corner. Tiny lights you can clamp onto your book help, but this'll be drastically better!
60. A electric air fryer with tons of onion rings and other scrumptious possibilities.
61. A phone soap sanitizer (and charger!) to park on your beside table so when you dock your fave gadget for the night so it can wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day too.
62. A Dyson stick vacuum that'll be so effective you may even *want* to clean. And this comes from me, a person who owns one, hates to clean, but takes joy in using it every single day. Weirder things have happened!
63. A bidet toilet seat because you could cut down on your toilet paper usage AND — not to be gross — but your butt does a lot for you. Um, this seat is also HEATED. You'll never wanna leave your toilet!
64. A copy of A Bathroom Book for People Not Pooping or Peeing but Using the Bathroom as an Escape as a resource for you (or other people) using the toilet as a social escape. Sometimes you just need some time to yourself. And this book acknowledges and honors that.
65. Custom labels to help organize every last thing in your life. Now you can zero in on getting some socks on your cold feet so much faster.
66. A powerful dishwashing spray that, honestly, if you buy anything from this list, this should be it. You can spray down that casserole dish caked with enchilada sauce, let it sit, and you simply wipe and rinse away that saucy mess in a few minutes. (Can you sense an enchilada theme here?)
67. And for those times when you *do* have to do some scrubbing, some Scotch-Brite nonscratch sponges will help you go IN on those dishes without scarring or scratching them.
68. A Blue Apron subscription because having someone do your grocery shopping and telling you what to fix can be a good thing.
69. An under-cabinet lid opener can help pop open that jar of pasta sauce in a jiffy. Everyone can use this, but reviewers with limited dexterity especially find it helpful!
70. A fridge wall organizer so you'll better see your yogurt's expiration dates and don't have to dig to unearth your breakfast.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.