53 Home Products Our Readers Loved In 2019
Your fellow readers know what's up.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A fume-free oven cleaner because it's about time you finally rid your oven from all those melted cheese crisps and juicy drips on the bottom that keeps making your smoke alarm beep.
2. A throw pillow case that'll always ALWAYS make you chuckle when you gaze upon its beauty. Unless you're a monster. (I don't believe you're a monster and neither does this pup named Dwight.)
4. A weekly meal planner to help make dinner a breeze (and DIY office lunch!). Plus if your kids keep asking what's for dinner, you can just point them in the direction of this pad.
5. A hanger stacker that'll seriously speed up laundry duty and free up lots of space in every family member's closet.
6. A slim cutlery organizer here to prove that, yes! You do have room for all your cutlery in your tiny kitchen drawer! I've seen this bad boy in action at my friend Alyse's place and she owns every kitchen tool known to man.
7. A ceramic cooktop cleaning kit that'll put in the elbow grease for you when it comes to scraping off boiled-over suppers of yore.
8. A draining soap dish to tastefully cradle that bar of artesianal soap (or 10) you probably received from the holidays for a loved one. And hey! Soap is a useful gift, especially when it doesn't get all gooey thanks to a superb dish like this.
9. A produce-saving container that'll keep your farmer's market haul fresh long enough so you can actually consume all of it.
10. A Pioneer Woman ceramic bakeware set so you can whip up something that'll look almost as delicious as it tastes. Presentation matters! But so does taste!
11. A door draft stopper the least handy person in the world could handle installing to prevent cold gusts from coming indoors. Don't make your heating system work harder than it has to! Bc $$$!
12. Non-stick oven liners to clean up spills without *actually* having to clean your oven. Who can remember to clean up melted cheese once that pizza comes out of the oven and it's time to eat. NO ONE, that's who.
13. Light-dimming stickers you can add over any lights that keep you up at night, here's looking at a restful night of sleep without feeling like your modem is glaring at you through your eyelids. You'll still be able to see the light when you're awake, it just won't be blindingly bright!
14. Reusable produce bags (that are not-so-secretly super stylish) in case you hit a breaking point during the holiday season with single-use plastic and wanna do better in 2020.
15. A drill brush cleaning set you'll wanna give a whirl once you eye all the impressive cleaning before and after pics in the reviews.
16. A wine tumbler you can sip from as you get your money's worth on your rent while streaming the classic thinking about how, yeah, Joey could get it.
17. A pet hair remover that'll hep you defuzz all the surfaces in your house because guests shouldn't look like a porcupine-by-way-of-cat-hair when they get up from sitting on your couch.
18. A holy grail soft cleanser to help you *easily* erase all those gray and rusty stains on household surfaces you came to term with years ago. They aren't paying rent, so give 'em the boot!
19. A sweet lil' bath mat that'll give your bath some personality and save your behind from the consequences of wet tile floors.
23. Stain-lifting pads made to tackle icky pet stains. You love 'em but you don't have to live with their stains. But! It'll also tackle human-made stains like cabernet.
24. A boba tea light that'll make you want the real deal but also garner so much allegiance that you'll want to protect it with your life.
25. Bed sheet suspenders to do exactly what it sounds like they'll do. No more fitted sheets popping off the mattress in the middle of the night!
27. A minimalist tissue box cover to help you address your sniffles without messing up your interior aesthetic. I own this (yep, that's my nightstand in the pic) and I adore it.
28. A memory foam cushion for transforming your lackluster office chair or worn car seat into a throne for your precious behind. You deserve it!
29. Cast-iron pans in nine sizes so you're sure to find your new cooking holy-grail product on a scale that's *just right* for your appetite.
30. NES drink coasters you won't have to blow on to make 'em work. Save your wind for that piping hot cuppa tea.
31. A cold brew maker for folks who are into iced caffeine 365 days a year because why would you bother sipping something hot?
32. Lightsaber chopsticks that might just be the perfect Baby Yoda size (or for your action figures). Sushi night just got way more exciting.
33. A custom pet pillow you'll hold near and dear almost as much as your actual fur bebe. I think you just became a fine art collector.
34. A rust-removing spray to work like a magic trick in neglected showers, minus the elbow grease. Spray it on a rusted surround, leave the room, and come back to diminished stains you can easily wipe away.
35. An AeroGarden kit that'll help you grow some fresh greens indoors while you look outside at your frigid vegetable garden this winter.
36. A mold and mildew remover made to work on sealant, yep even the sealant around your tub that never seems to get clean despite your best bleach-y efforts.
37. A charming lil' apron you can don when you crack open all those new cookbooks and try to make Mary Berry proud. If she's unavailable, I'll help judge.
38. A microfiber sheet set with a 16" pocket deep enough to fit your cushy mattress. And they come in 18 colors so you're sure to fit the right fit for your bedroom. And the guest bedroom. And each kid's bedroom.
39. An incredibly absorbent bath towel that somehow still manages to be super lightweight. Magic? Nah, just a fancy technique that traps air in each cotton fiber.
40. A sharp-looking storage basket (yep, that's a thing) that'll help you tidy up your shelves and cabinets. Ya' did it after watching Marie Kondo's show in January and your place could use a lil' tidying again. (Same.)
41. A city-centric drinking glass that'll pay homage to your hometown or favorite place as ya' sip away.
43. A bottle opener made from a used MLB baseball bat you'll want to whip out with company over, even though you've mastered opening up beer bottles with the palm of your hand (an essential life skill, IMO).
44. A handy lil' knife sharpener I can personally vouch for because it transformed a drawerful of leftover roommates' knives into sharp specimens that make meal prepping go so much faster.
45. An egg cooker for whipping up a nutritious breakfast on hurried mornings or making an effortless omelette for a weeknight meal.
46. A jetted tub cleaner to make you gag with delight once you run it through your system and all the pipe filth emerges like some Ghostbusters sludge. Oh, and it's septic-safe.
47. Microfiber sheets – they'll wash easily and be oh-so-soft. I would know. I've owned mine for ~4 years!
48. A pair of detail cleaning brushes that'll fit into all the nooks and crannies that a sponge won't. 2020 is going to be so much cleaner than 2019.
49. A ~flexible~ dish squeegee for sweeping the remains of dinner off your plate or crumbs into the sink for must faster cleanup.
50. A 10-piece ceramic cookware set you won't mind leaving out because it's that pretty. Oh, and it's non-stick so the easy cleanup will make you adore these pots and pans even more.
51. A dishwasher magnet that'll help suss out what lies within. No more getting a glass only to realized that, yep, it still has some orange juice inside.
52. A mini blind duster (that'll also work on vents!) with washable microfiber covers to get at those tiny particles that are making you sneeze and then start over fresh.
53. An all-purpose car cleaner to works its magic on upholstery, leather, and other car surfaces because sometimes it feels like you live in that vehicle and it SHOWS.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.