We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hey! While we try to keep our posts updated as much as we can, this post is actually from 2017, so we can't guarantee that the pricing and/or availability of the products featured are accurate. For our most up-to-date recommendations, check out the 2018 version of this post!
1. A KitchenAid mixer. THE holy grail kitchen appliance they can pass down to their kids. Really.
2. A cast-iron skillet for whipping up all kinds of scrumptious recipes for years and years and years.
3. A pair of comfy Soffee shorts to sleep, workout, lounge, or basically do most things while wearing!
4. A Hydro Flask that'll put all their other water bottles to shame and force them to send the OGs to a "farm upstate."
5. A pair of L.L.Bean boots that'll make many winters to come *much* more bearable.
7. A budget-friendly pair of ear buds they'll definitely lose before they stop working. But they're cheap, so that's fine.
8. An Urban Decay Naked palette OR *four glorious palettes* for the makeup fiend whose face always looks like a work of art.
9. A pair of ~legit~ tights that'll cost you, but will last them for MANY brutal winters.
10. A Magic Bullet to keep them whipping up green smoothies past the first week of January.
11. A pair of Adidas pool slides. If you gave them some back in the '90s, they'd still wear them today!
12. A hairdryer that people swear by for the person who's always asking to borrow yours.
13. A set of Pyrex containers they can bring to your pot lucks a decade from now because you have to drop them *just so* to break them. (I somehow have never accomplished that yet.)
14. A legendary Leatherman multitool that's going to be on their person 24/7 because something always needs fixing.
15. A Tweezerman tweezer for annihilating soooo many tiny hairs with precision — and they can have it sharpened by the company FOR FREE!
16. A felt succulents kit that'll outlast the read deal. Yep, THOSE can die, too. (I know.)
17. A pair of Wrangler jeans my big and tall, horse-riding dad SWEARS by. They're sure to become their go-tos, too.
18. And while we're on the subject of my dad's fashion choices, he thinks Carhartt coats are the bee's knees and one would well serve your fave person by keeping them warm and fashionable for years.
19. A pair of Hunter rain boots as an excuse to trudge through the mud to "test" them.
20. A George Foreman grill they can give to a loved one once they've upgraded to a new, sexier model that the brand is always releasing.
21. A Nalgene water bottle that'll become their #1 adventure buddy.
22. An Anastasia Beverly Hills brown pencil with a cult following that'll keep their arches looking gorgeous for long stretches of time.
23. A gorgeous Le Creuset Dutch oven to completely transform their meal-prep game for decades.
24. An RFID-blocking Saddleback wallet for lasting protection in a classic style that even the pickiest person will adore.
25. And an Otterbox Commuter phone case that'll for SURE outlast your fancy new phone.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.