We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A meme-y party game for anyone whose #1 hobby is tagging you in memes on social media while trying to pass the time.
2. A travel book that'll look amazing on their coffee table and finally give them the motivation to go on that trip (or trips) of a lifetime in 2018.
3. A flashy fidget spinner because a new one might kill their boredom for a day or so.
4. And a fidget spinner case to house all their ~investments~.
5. A DVD set of the first season of Bored to Death, an EXCELLENT show that'll keep their boredom at bay 'til they finish up the second and third seasons.
6. Or perhaps the latest Ken Burns and Lynn Novick doc The Vietnam War so they can soak up some history while getting lots to mull over.
7. A STEM-y kids kit to help kids learn about stop-motion animation, and encourage tinkering and creative exploration.
8. A 23andMe DNA kit that may get them super amped for all the ancestry research they're going to be obsessed with very soon.
9. A Home Made Luxe subscription to give them everything they need to pull off a DIY project for their home.
10. Or a We Craft Box subscription for fun projects they can make with the kids.
11. A hilarious memoir that got tons of buzz in 2017 and will make them cackle out loud in public if they're not easily offended. (Or at least that's its effect on me.)
12. An amazing book of essays that may ALSO make them cackle embarrassingly loud in public over stuff like family, love, and regrets for eating old McDonald's.
13. A massive book of The New York Times crossword puzzles that'll keep them scratching their head, then give them a major sense of accomplishment! Or maybe it'll just sit on the back of their guest bath toilet for the next year. Whatever!
14. And/or a crossword a day desktop calendar they can use at work (and feel somewhat OK about not doing their work while using it).
15. A Groupon gift card to let them try out something new, like a yoga, cooking, or cheese making class. The possibilities are endless!
16. A craft beer kit as a way to appreciate a bottle of brew even more.
17. A super secret mission to finish up this open-ended book even the most bored of pre-teen kids will find joy doing.
18. An embroidery starter kit that may spur some creativity and perhaps turn them onto a brand-new hobby of cross-stitching.
19. An Amy Sedaris craft book with instructions on making your holiday presents next year using materials they can actually afford. Oh and you should tell them to watch her amazing TV show, too.
20. An herbal tea gardening kit because even with a kit, keeping a plant alive will occupy a bit of their time and 2017 was the year we all became old plant ladies in an attempt to control something in life.
21. A cute box of couple conversation starters in case they've finally run out of things to talk about after all these years.
22. A DIY necklace kit for the fashion obsessive who's bored to tears with everything they own.
23. A zen desktop garden to help get them through another conference call that should've been an email.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.