36 Genius Products You’ll Probably Wish You’d Discovered Years Ago
But there's no use in dwelling on the past when your future includes gems like a mosquito-proof hammock, a service that'll stock your medicine cabinet for you, and a rinsable dish-washing spray.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. Melatonin sleep tablets for those moments when you wake up in the middle of the night and would give your first-born just to get back to sleep. I can also personally vouch that these WORK.
2. Pimple patches you can stick on a spot that's come to a head while you sleep for the night and then peel off in the morn to find all kinds of ick on it that used to be inside your blemish(!!!). Where were these when I was in middle school?!
3. And XL patches that'll cover larger areas so you aren't playing connect the dots with a bunch of tiny little circle patches.
4. *Sheer* sculpting shorts to help smooth out things underneath your clothes in a more breathable manner than thick OG sculpting shorts.
5. Or some jersey bike shorts you'll wear on the outside as a super comfy summer option. Perhaps you've heard of them? They're like leggings but shorter.
7. A powerful dish-washing spray I now swear by and my mom wishes came out years ago since I gave her a bottle. You can spray down that casserole dish caked with enchilada sauce, let it sit, and you simply wipe and rinse away that saucy mess in a few minutes.
8. A Hunt A Killer subscription so you can solve your way through a (faux) case with your loved ones, now that you've seemingly finished all the true-crime stuff on Netflix. Where has this been all my life?
9. A plumping hyaluronic acid serum – it'll really get down to what you want from a skincare product thanks to a nutrient-rich formula — looking like you've been getting enough sleep, eating your veggies, and drinking TONS of water.
10. A bottle of air sanitizer (yes that's a thing) that can eliminate the WORST of smells (even cigarette smoke!) because sometimes plugging an air freshener into an outlet just masks the funk.
11. A dip powder mani kit for a salon-like effect for about the cost of one visit. Now that you've become great at painting your nails with regular polish, it's time to ~level~ up.
12. Dip clips you can attach to car vents to help you get all saucey while you're on the go without finding smears of honey mustard months later.
13. An insulated soundproofing strip that'll stick on your door to help muffle your roommate's sounds as you clock lots of time together while social distancing in your apartment. OK this isn't revolutionary but it'll feel like it once you realize it would've improved your quality of life drastically if you bought it a year ago.
14. A waterless shampoo – it'll transform from powder to foam when you add water to it. It takes up FAR less precious space in the shower and travels well!
15. A bug bite suction tool to help you out with existing bites to remove the irritating venom, and help reduce itchiness, pain, and swollenness. Plus it works on other insect stings!
16. And a camping hammock with a mosquito net so you can kick back, relax, and take in some nature BUT not *too* much nature, amiright? Here's to comfortably clocking in more leisure hours despite blood-sucking fiends.
17. A Blueland essentials starter kit that'll help you transform your mishmash of cleaning product bottles and cut down on one-use plastic. Plus, there's a subscription model to help you re-up. No more staring at a toothpaste-flecked mirror and an empty bottle of glass cleaner.
18. A Glossier refining duo with a chemical exfoliating solution and priming moisturizer to help lighten scarring and discoloration while giving you *just* the right amount of moisture if you deal with some combo skin issues and would like to take the emphasis off your pores.
19. A stainless-steel soap bar for erasing garlic and fish odors from your hands, which is something that'll follow you *all* around the house if you don't do something about it STAT. Plus you won't have to clean fingerprints off your stainless-steel appliances.
20. A medicine cabinet supply kit to keep you fully stocked (that's even the name of the kit!). No more piecing together which things are running out and could use a refill in your family's stash.
21. A silicone dishwasher net that'll keep those lighter cups, cooking tools, and more top-rack goods in place as your machine does the washing for you.
22. A cute nonmedical mask with three layers (including a built-in filter!) to help keep you stylishly safe while you're out and about.
23. And some antibacterial fashion PPE gloves you can slip into because my friend Aaron can't be the only person who's designated a set of "car gloves" for stuff like pumping gas. This is just a chicer version of that v smart idea.
24. A pet-hair remover to help you FINALLY rid all your upholstered surfaces of your precious fur bb's hair. This is not a fairy tale!
25. A hair finishing cream on a mascara-like wand for helping slick back those baby hairs and flyaways before your next video conference call.
26. A selfie ring light you can set up by your WFH station so you look well-lit and nice during that video meeting that should've been an email. At least you can get away with not wearing pants! (Just make sure you end that call before you stand up.)
27. A cooling towel you simply soak in water and wring out to bring some chill to that outdoor run... or just stroll! It's July and just walking outside or doing some low-key gardening can make you sweat like a racehorse.
28. A pull-out cabinet organizer that'll help you file away your multitude of (all essential!) spices in a way you can more easily access them thanks to a slim design and pull handles. Grabbing the cinnamon sugar for cinnamon toast just got THAT much easier.
29. Rapid-fill water balloons so you can cut down on prep time and get to the backyard fun so much faster. Ahem, water balloon fights are a WONDERFUL social-distancing activity, as the reviewer below found!
30. A colorless, odorless SPF 40 sunscreen to help you get your sun protection without worrying about a weird white cast or it melting down your face. Now you have NO excuse to walk outside without protection (you always need SPF 30+).
31. A skin spatula you may have seen beauty influencers use. It'll do major work for you thanks to vibrations that help clean grease, dead skin, blackheads, and whiteheads... so basically any of your pore-clogging woes.
32. An over-the-sink drying rack to create some more clean drying space because even though you have a dishwasher you know there are certain items that'll perform so much better without a machine cycle.
33. An extension cord that'll ~bend~ to your whims when it comes to projects around the house — or just hooking up that VR gaming system in a manner that really lets you wander.
34. A waterless cat bath because your precious angel is really starting to stink, but that isn't something you have to live with! I mean... have you ever tried to give a cat an *actual* bath?
35. An adjustable laptop riser to help you find your perfect WFH space, even if that space changes every few hours.
36. A tiny magnetic organizer for easily tidying up your various cords. (I can't be the only person who trips on a cord at home at least once a day.)
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.