37 Products For People Who Love Makeup, But Suck At Putting It On
Eyeshadow shields to catch your fallout, redness-cancelling moisturizer, and cat eye eyeliner stamps so you can do a little more than ~wing~ it.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A winged eyeliner stamp in case you've spent what feels like an eternity working on your flick to no avail. Same.
2. A blurring primer for helping smooth out pores and fine lines for a smooth foundation application. Prepping your skin with the (v easy) priming step will make your makeup look so much nicer!
3. An SPF 30 color-correcting treatment to help light-complected folks cancel out all sorts of redness thanks to its green-to-beige formula that'll feel oh-so-cool going onto your skin. Some reviewers even use it in lieu of foundation or a BB cream because it works *that* well.
4. A translucent setting powder people of color swear by thanks to the way it'll blend in perfectly with zero flashback and keep your foundation set for life. Jk. Just the day. But still!
6. Niacinamide dew drops, which is really just fancy talk for a multiuse highlighting serum that'll make you look like a better-hydrated version of yourself. You can use it with or without makeup!
8. A sheer lip color that'll be super easy to control (and even layer!!!) but look like a just-blotted lipstick.
9. Or an SPF 15 tinted lip balm I can personally vouch for. It's easy to put on without a mirror, is super moisturizing, and has color that tints your lips for the day. If you're afraid of lipstick, this is a safe bet. I keep not one, but two(!) in my purse at all times.
10. Hands-free eyeshadows shields I saw a MUA use on Theresa from The Real Housewives of New Jersey on an ep when she was giving her a seriously smokey eye that had ZERO fallout. So plz sign me up.
12. A tinted luminizer stick you can wear like foundation, use as a highlighter, or mask undereye circles. It's super creamy and stays put!
13. A holographic stick that'll serve as both blush and highlighter because you deserve both in one simple step that'll make you look like the most glamorous alien super villain ever. (A look worth vying for every day, tbh.)
14. A set of vibrant but blendable highlighters you'll find all sorts of easy ways to use. Yeah they look bright (and *do* pay off with color) but really do blend well if you're going for something a little more ~subtle~.
15. A bronzing moisturizer if you can't quite seem to find the right balance between pallid and orange when applying bronzer. It's tough out there for a building-dweller!
16. A longlasting matte liquid lipstick which could quite possibly be your new go-to because of its velvety texture, handy applicator, and stay-put formula. (Bury me in a subpar lipstick and I'll haunt you in a not-fun way.)
17. Or a super moisturizing matte lipstick with stick application and shea butter and vitamin E to keep your lips looking and feeling great.
18. Oil blotting sheets I personally swear by to keep my foundation looking its best when afternoon shine starts to creep into your look. Plus, the packet takes up a teensy bit of space in your bag.
19. A baked bronzer to perk up your complexion, even if you've been living in a cave for months. Just skip contouring (too hard) and go for this!
20. A concealer with an XL applicator for targeting most anything you'd like to cover up on your beautiful visage. Psst, you can totally get away with skipping foundation thanks to this super blendable stuff.
21. Or a more precise holy grail concealer that makeup obsessives have been raving about since it launched because it's so easy to use and ACTUALLY stays put. I too have jumped on the bandwagon. Won't you join us?!
22. A long-lasting eyebrow gel (that's waterproof!) you probably saw on Shark Tank and have been considering ever since. 'Tis time.
23. Or a holy grail clear brow fluffer/shaper if your brows are already lush, but those lil' hairs never seem to stay put.
24. A magnifying lighted mirror to help ensure that your brow-filling product is going exactly where you intend.
25. And a folding, lighted compact so you won't have to feel like you're making out with the office bathroom mirror when you're touching up your eyeliner before happy hour.
26. A super simple cream-to-powder eyeshadow stick in case you watch mesmerizing Insta makeup videos over and over again but are unsure about dropping $125 on an eyeshadow palette rn.
27. A waterproof eyeshadow primer that'll keep that perfectly blended eyeshadow (LOOK AT YOU!) in place.
28. A universal lip liner to combat feathering and fading without having to match up liners with lippies. It's 2021. Let's not waste our time on that, k?
29. Or a lip liner that's soft but saturated enough to fill in your lips and eliminate the need for lipstick!
30. A lip sleeping mask to moisturize and smooth your lips the night before you wear a bold lip. Or the night after you wear a bold lip. Or just for some chapped lips relief!
31. A saturated balm stick with one-step application for a stunning effect that merely entails coloring in the lines.
32. A makeup-correcting stick that'll be perfect for folks with sensitive skin. That way you can avoid having to start from scratch when you color outside your lip liner lines. *Plus* it doubles, nay, triples, as a lip balm and cuticle oil stick.
33. A makeup-erasing cloth to take off a whole face at the end of the day (or just in case you want to start fresh) with *just* water. So it's environmentally friendly AND super soft on your skin.
34. A double eyeliner pencil in coordinating shades that'll really make your eyes pop when combined. Or just go with one color at a time? Whatever, it's your look!
35. A universal gloss in a gorgeous pink you can add to lips, eyelids, cheekbones, or any other spot where you wanna *dazzle.*
36. An all-in-one formula mascara that'll lengthen and separate lashes, plus stay all day without flaking or smudging.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.