29 Comfy Pairs Of Shorts For Folks Who Need To Let Their Legs Breathe
Perhaps that high-school gym teacher who wore shorts year-round had a good idea.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
FYI, all the shorts are in women's sizes unless otherwise noted.
1. A pair of stretchy bike shorts that'll become part of your WFH, working out, lounging, *and* just-about-anything-else rotation. You'll probably want to buy both colors from the jump.
2. Levi's high-rise shorts for a classic fit that'll get tons of mileage. Talk about an ~investment~.
3. Cute ribbed shorts in a soft fabric with a lettuce hem to make this suuuuper comfortable wardrobe addition feel extra special.
4. Sporty short shorts in a range of colors that'll get you through tons of neighborhood runs and video calls where you're a bit dressed up on top.
5. Super lightweight running shorts because if you're going for a summer run, it'll be helpful to wear the LEAST amount of clothing possible without getting arrested. I mean, these'll look cute during all sorts of other activities too!
6. Under Armour knit shorts to move with you and help wick sweat. And if you really take a liking to them, they're available in dozens of color combos.
7. Elastic-waist shorts in enough fun colors and patterns to keep you from repeating for a whole month.
8. Shorts pretending to be a skirt for those days when you wanna wear a flippy little skirt but your activities or the wind won't allow it.
9. A pair of chino shorts in 22 styles that'll surely fill some holes in your wardrobe. AND the 3.5-inch inseam means you won't have to worry every time you sit.
10. J. Crew Mercantile pull-on shorts for when you have about 10 seconds to get dressed but don't want it to look that way.
11. Linen shorts that'll help you look put together in case you decide to peel yourself off the couch.
12. Or some similar drawstring shorts with a range of patterns for a slightly cheaper price. We love a bargain!
13. Yoga shorts for workout legging stans who've decided that perhaps it's time they let those knees breathe without sacrificing what they love about leggings.
14. And some chafe-proof running shorts in a similar fitted style so you can worry about breaking your personal record or who the killer is in your current true-crime podcast instead of if your shorts are riding up in the back. Plus, there are pockets!
15. Fleece shorts that'll be comfy enough to serve up as pajamas (gotta love some versatility) but look nice enough to be out and about.
17. Stretchy options that still have enough structure to look like you're wearing something "nice." (Or at least according to your grandma.)
20. *Classic* Soffee cotton shorts you can wear with all sorts of tops. I still have some from middle school cheerleading. Don't bother doing the math on that. Just know I've had them a LONG time.
21. Pinafore shorts that'll really just be a cool way of wearing suspenders without looking like you're in a turn-of-the-century period piece.
22. Frayed shorts with tons of distressed deets (if you're into that!) for a lived-in look without all the extra work. Seriously though, if you've been on the hunt for that *perfect* pair then there are 30 styles here so surely one will be your ONE.
24. Striped shorts with a cute paperbag top that come in 36 color combos and styles. So surely you'll find some stripes to your liking....
27. Terry cotton surplus shorts with generous pockets for snacks as you move from one room to the other (y'know, the important stuff).
28. Harem shorts at the ready to make your assets look AWESOME. No really, not trying to be a creep here but you should check out the reviewer pics.
29. Smocked shorts for those of us that avoid waist button closures like the plague (or perhaps these'll sway you to our side?).
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.