34 Basics Under $25 For Anyone Who's Super Rough On Their Clothes And Could Use Some Replacements
Don't even get me started on how often I have to replace my socks.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
4. Stretchy knit jeggings that won't scream "THESE AREN'T REAL PANTS!" like so many other imposters of the past. There's even a pair that looks like regular denim! And there are *back pockets*.
5. And a pair of super opaque high-waisted leggings that aren't trying to be anything else except your new favorite pair you'll wanna buy in multiples.
6. A seamless sports bra in a moisture-wicking fabric and enough support to last you through some at-home HIIT workouts. Sometimes all the motivation ya' need to get moving is a clean thing to wear!
7. A racerback tank in a TON of colors so you can keep cool, look cool during warm weather, workouts, being lazy, or for personalization.
8. A cross-body bag with a boxy lil' design that gives it some major style with minimal effort on your part. Also, it comes in a range of colors so you can match it to your ~mood~.
9. A breezy midi dress that'll keep you looking carefree, even if you're feeling quite the opposite!
10. A pack of stretchy undershirts with adjustable straps because these things seem to go missing as often as socks.
11. A crop halter top that'll pair perfectly with your favorite summer ice-cream treat. (I smell a photo op.)
12. A pair of faux-leather flats for those days when you wanna keep it slip-free and simple with a comfy design and rubber sole.
13. A pair of cuffed sweatpants you'll more or less live in while indoors (and probably outdoors quite often) thanks to its elastic waist, pockets, and a stretchy material. Plus, there are plenty of colors to give you enough time to wash them on rotation.
14. A pair of ankle trousers that'll keep you looking professional or put-together without feeling all buttoned up.
15. A stretchy romper bodysuit you can layer underneath short summer dresses for some windproof protection. It'll also look effortlessly fab with sweatshirts and skirts.
16. A pair of stretchy bike shorts that'll become part of your WFH, working out, lounging, *and* just-about-anything-else rotation.
17. A pair of hoop earrings that won't drag down your lobes thanks to their lightweight construction. Plus, IMO throwing on hoops is the easiest way to make any outfit look so much more glam. Even leggings and the same shirt you've been wearing for three days!
18. Or a five-pack of stainless-steel stud earrings as a finishing touch before you head out the door, even if you're typically allergic to cheap earrings.
19. A soft faux-leather tote that'll be a flexible option when you need to gather your essentials for a quick getaway from your roommates at the coffee shop around the corner they somehow haven't discovered yet.
20. A pair of sneaker-style rain boots in both hi- and low-top options you'll come to rely on for those days when it's a 30% chance of rain and you 100% don't want to ruin your good suede ankle boots OR sweat it out through wellies. Plus! If it doesn't end up raining, it's NBD.
21. A lacy LBD (that comes in other colors!) to get you through any parties where you've gotta be a little more covered up. And weddings. And cocktail hours. And any other events where you need to look like a slightly better dressed version of yourself.
22. Slip-on sneakers in a perforated metallic style that'll make every well-cushioned step look a bit fancier.
23. An empire-waist dress that'll have you covered if you like just a smidge of structure to your dress. Just a bit!
24. A colorful wrap dress — in straight and plus sizes — for something that's office dress code–appropriate without being a total snore.
25. A pair of canvas sneakers for when you want a fashion sneaker without that dang price. (No judgment!) But also if you decide to, say, wear these bbs to a bachelorette in New Orleans they're cheap enough to toss after. (I've ruined a pair of lovely shoes that way myself.)
26. A pair of chino shorts in 22 styles that'll surely cover you for the summer. AND the 3.5-inch inseam means you won't have to worry every time you sit.
27. A six-pack of thongs to have on hand for that dress that you JUST realized is really sorta clingy!
28. A four-pack of lacy undies that'll look fab with those sweatpants, aka your Saturday-night uniform. (OK this is a basic that doesn't have to feel so basic.)
31. A super soft shirt dress (with pockets!!!) you'll be able to dress up/down in all sorts of ways over the seasons.
32. Strappy sandals in case you, like me, have had the horrific experience of stepping out of a flip-flop on a dirty city street. Or perhaps you just have good taste. Could be both!
33. A maxi dress with lil' side slits for some extra motion on your weekend goings about. Yes, this *is* your new weekend uniform.
34. And some Puma running socks that'll hold up to all kinds of actual running... or slipping and sliding on your hardwood floors while playing with your dog.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.