We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A jar of the The Pink Stuff — a cleaning paste made to handle all kinds of gross, stuck-on situations like that bathroom floor grout you came to terms with being dirty gray forever.
2. A powerful dishwashing spray that, honestly, if you buy anything from this list, this should be it — especially if your old house *doesn't* include a dishwasher. You can spray down that casserole dish caked with enchilada sauce, let it sit, and you simply wipe and rinse away that saucy mess in a few minutes after you've conquered your meal. (Can you sense an enchilada theme here?)
I live in an apartment without a dishwasher, and I honestly use that as an excuse to order takeout food instead of cooking. But, as soon as I got my hands on a bottle of this stuff (regular Dawn is my go-to dish soap, BTW), I put it to use on both a saucepan I used to make homemade enchilada sauce *and* the casserole dish I baked those enchiladas, which had a ton of caked-on food. It really does work like I say it does! Like, scary well.
Get the starter pack from Amazon for $23.09.
3. And if you're lucky enough to live with a dishwasher, a hard-water booster that'll finally get your Pyrex bowls that you thought were donezo looking normal again. You and I both know those bowls are the best, despite your home's hard water.
Promising review: "We have ridiculously hard water. The Culligan guy who tested it was surprised it doesn’t come out of the faucet as a solid. My dishes, especially my Pyrex bowls and casserole dishes were almost white from the build-up. Nothing ever seemed clean. I tried this, and it’s an absolute miracle. My dishes are clean again. See the comparison in the picture — bowl on the left is 'clean', it was washed without the Finish booster. The bowl on the right was washed with. I’m totally not kidding, it completely does what it says!" —CB
Get it from Amazon for $7.
4. A no-scrub weekly shower cleaner you can simply just spray on after you shower, wait 8–12 hours while it tackles mold and mildew stains, soap scum, and just about any gross grime without YOU having to scrub. Talk about practical to the max.
Promising review: "This product is so easy to use. As you can see from the pictures, my bathtub was staying pretty good. The guy that owned the house before me used Ajax to clean it so it has almost no enamel left on it and it’s probably the staining and nothing could get it out until I bought this. After 4 8-hour applications you can see the difference. I highly recommend this to everybody and once it’s completely clean I’m gonna go on the once a week application. I actually bought another bottle for my dad and mom." —Domenick R. Stamegna
Get it from Amazon for $17.97.
5. A mold and mildew remover that'll work its magic on gross grout stains while you kick back and catch up on your stories.
I am literally describing my life. Yep, it even works on pesky pink grout stains! My mom turned me onto this stuff in college and I've used it since.
Promising review: "Nothing removes mold and mildew from my shower like Tilex. I'm not the best Suzy Homemaker, so my shower can get kinda gross looking. I used the Tilex and my shower was noticeably cleaner after just soaking in the spray for a few minutes. I then scrubbed a bit and even better! Now to get a smaller brush so that I can scrub the bottom better." —Mteren
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $19.
6. An ~intense~ grout cleaner — it can bring blackened grout back from the disgusting brink because you shouldn't want to wear shoes in the bathroom.
Promising review: "I never thought I'd be able to clean my grout out again without hiring someone professional to do it! But this cleaner did the wonder!!! I used it with my steam cleaner and here's the before and after pictures! I did dry brush it before I used the steam cleaner and I saw all the dirt getting out! It really works! It was hard work though, if I ever get a bigger house I might just hire someone to do it." —Chen
Get it from Amazon for $19.98.
7. A grout pen that's as simple to use as coloring in the lines so you don't have to stare at the stained grout and imagine what it used to look like. Grout takes up a teeny bit of space but, as you can see from the pics, makes a huge impact!
I've used this on my own bathroom floor, which has a more complicated hexagon pattern so it took a bit of time. But I just listened to an episode or two of a podcast and got to work! I recommend doing two coats.
Promising review: "We moved into our new home, and the shower had a really yellow grout. Cleaning didn’t do anything, and I saw this grout pen online. What a saver! Otherwise, I would have just hired someone to replace my shower. I used this grout pen, and my husband was so impressed :D The tip loses its shape fast, but just pull out the TIP AND FLIPPED IT OVER, and you’ll have a new tip." —jennifer
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in two sizes and three colors).
8. Wood polish and conditioner for helping revive all those worn-out wood surfaces. Don't replace those kitchen cabinets or floors! Give 'em a facelift with this.
Enhances the natural beauty and depth of grain on finished *and* unfinished wood. For use on antiques, dining tables, kitchen cabinets, wood doors and trim, etc.
Promising review: "I'm not able to sand and stain my floors until spring but they are so dry and worn. I bought this hoping to keep them moisturized until we can refinish and I am amazed with this product." —nicole feather
Get it from Amazon for $8.47.
9. An oil stain remover capable of annihilating any grease stains on your garage floor or driveway.
Promising review: "Changed the oil on my girlfriend's car and some oil spilled on my NEW driveway...which I didn't notice 'til four days later. Four spots all about the size of a dollar bill baking in the Arizona sun for four days. Found this searching on Amazon and I thought, whatever. That's one less vodka soda tonight for dinner. Put the stuff on (sits on the stain like pancake batter — don't be afraid to pour liberally) and let it sit from 6 p.m. 'til about 9 a.m. the next day. It dried and the instructions said to just sweep the stuff up (right, like I am not going to need a scraper and wire scrub pad for an hour. HA). Well it broke apart with the broom and the stains were gone, just swept up the powder pieces — took about a minute. I WAS SHOCKED! Something that actually works on oil and it's easy. Absolutely NO sign of anything that was there. My driveway is smooth concrete so I can't vouch for what would happen with a rougher surface but whoever makes this stuff is a genius. If they tried to take on World Peace, Earth would be a better place." —AmazonBob
Get it from Amazon for $16.97.
10. A stainless steel cleaner will finally help you get rid of all the little paw and fingerprints that seem to magically appear out of thin air on your kitchen appliances.
Check it out in action on TikTok here!
The plant-based, lavender-scented cleaner comes with a microfiber cloth for you to use on your appliances, and reviewers say you only have to use a little bit of the cleaner to clean your entire fridge or oven, which means one bottle will last you a really long time.
Promising review: "The stainless-steel appliances in our rental were so stained and smudged. Regular cleaners didn't work. I saw this product recommended on TikTok, and immediately looked it up on Amazon. The reviews were good and price was right, but what won me over was the plant-based ingredient list and lavender scent. I used the product the day it arrived in the mail. Worked like a charm! Easy-to-use spray, microfiber cloth included. So now my stainless-steel appliances look shiny and my kitchen smells amazing! Highly recommend." —diana
Get it from Amazon for $16.95.
11. A bottle of nontoxic Folex Carpet Spot Remover to make all sorts of horrific stains disappear quickly. *And* there's no rinsing or vacuuming involved.
To use, apply to the stain, gently agitate with your fingers, and blot with an absorbent cloth. This is nontoxic and should be nonirritating on the skin!
Promising review: "I had terrible rust and oil stains all over the seats of my car when I bought it. I tried other cleaners to get it out, but they actually made the stains darker. I took it to the dealership to see if they could get it out and they flat out told me no, so I gave up and lived with it for almost five years. I tried this after it was recommended by a friend. I sprayed it on and literally watched the stain run right off my seat. It was amazing! I thought I was going to have to pay hundreds of dollars to replace the seats in my car because nothing else would work. This stuff really is awesome!" —Brittany
Get it from Amazon for $11.97+.
12. A bottle of Goo Gone foaming spray can help you win the good, super efficient fight against any kind of greasy spills and messes that come your way.
13. A targeted cleaner that has a commercial-strength formula to cut through the mess to annihilate tough soap scum on shower doors, tub bottoms, sinks, whatever.
Promising review: "Sharing our nasty before picture so you can really see the difference! Our tub/shower has a grippy bottom and scum and dirt cakes on there so easily. The only way I've been able to get it off before was literally scraping it inch by inch, I've spent hours and all it ever got was somewhat clean - never enough for me to want to take a real bath in it. This stuff is expensive but with the good reviews I decided to try it, it works amazingly!! I sprayed it on (it came with a great spray nozzle and a lid) and left it for about 15–20 minutes. Then I took a brush with hard plastic bristles (I believe a soft brush would have even worked) and with less than 20 minutes of scrubbing the entire tub and walls it was cleaner than when we moved in. The grime and scum almost like melted off. It smells pleasant, it's not crazy strong smelling but in an enclosed space I still felt the need to wear a mask while cleaning." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.88.
14. Green Gobbler drain clog dissolver that'll work FAR better than the other stuff at clearing your pipes. Plus, there's no awful smell! (This is one of my faves.)
The formula is nontoxic and odorless.
Promising review: "I had a stubborn toilet clog which neither my son nor I could clear with a plunger or a snake. I bought this product with hope...but ...skepticism. I used it the night I received it and when I flushed in the morning, nothing happened... until I got back to my bedroom and heard the water go down!! I like to use 'green' products that are effective. I'm sold on this one!" —Leland Girl
Get it from Amazon for $11.97.
15. An Angry Orange pet odor eliminator for erasing all the visual (and smelly) evidence of pet accidents on flooring and furniture. You don't need a new chair. You just need this.
Promising review: "This product is amazing!!!! We have a Rottweiler pup and a bichon pup and our house was feeling the PAIN! I tried everything and use to tell my wife, 'with all the science and technology in the world we still can’t come up with something that gets rid of the dog mark smell!'
This product does everything and more. Just ordered another round. We were about to throw away some furniture due to the smell and now after use we can keep it. Saved me hundreds. Well worth the money." —clayton s tonkin
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
16. A jetted tub cleaner you simply run through in a bath cycle and just watch the filth (from previous tenants) EMERGE from the pipes. Then you simply wipe it away! It'll be equally horrifying and satisfying. Worth it.
You run your bath, add the cleaner, watch the gunk emerge, drain your bath, and then clean off the gunk!
Promising review: "It's disgusting to see what comes out of your jets when you use this product. I can't believe we bathed in this! I've run bleach and dish detergent through my jets before, and that combination never cleaned with this efficiency. I highly recommended this product." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
17. A plant-based stain remover capable of erasing YEARS-old blood stains from a tenant's mattress, as this reviewer explains. I have questions. MANY questions. Oh and it works on clothes too.
Also check out our full review of Puracy Natural Laundry Stain Remover.
Promising review: "A tenant left some blood stains on this mattress and a heating pad about 20 years ago. They were totally dry when we found them. Not knowing what to do, we put the mattress aside for 20 years until we found this product. Tested on the pad first. I sprayed a whole bottle on the pad, left it in a bathtub all night. Then washed the pad in the tub. The pad looks new after it is dried, even cleaner than when it was new! Wow! Then the real challenge, the mattress. With experience from cleaning the pad, I decided to use the solution much more efficiently. Here is the improved process: 1) Spray a little solution on the stained area. Make sure the stained area is soaked, but not too deeply. 2) Cover the soaked area with a piece of paper towel. I found it absorbs the stain very well. 3) Spray a little more solution onto the paper towel. This is for keeping the stain moisturized. These enzymes do not work under dry environments. 4) Cover the stained area and the paper towel on it with a piece of plastic film, which is normally for preserving food. Again, I did this to keep the stained area wet. The second morning, I removed everything from the mattress, used more paper towels to absorb the mess. And then, I used a clean car washing towel and cold water to clean up the remaining mess. I washed the towel and cleaned up again. Repeated three to four times, the mattress became very clean! No blood stain remains! Never imagined it could remove 20-year-old bloodstains." —nusaco888
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in three sizes).
18. A rust stain-removing gel to help the gross shower surround. Lots of folks have gotten clean in that bathroom but it that doesn't have to feel that way.
Promising review: "I cannot say enough great things about this product. We just purchased a home that has a well with very high iron content in the water. I tried everything to remove the stains from our three toilets but nothing worked. I found this product online and immediately went to Amazon. The results blew me away. I didn't have to scrub at all. I let it sit in the tank for several hours and the results floored me!" —Toni Huitt
Get it from Amazon for $12.97.
19. A mold and mildew removal gel that'll turn back time on your shower surround in a mere six hours. (Can't wait for Cher to drop that remix.)
WE SUPPORT A BEAUTIFUL LIE!!
Promising review: "It’s a little hard to squeeze but that totally makes up for the AMAZING results. I was embarrassed about our tubs because the people we bought our house from didn’t caulk or seal them properly and this resulted in mildew buildup. I tried EVERYTHING until I saw this on TikTok, I believe — MIRACLE FREAKING WORKER. I will be buying more, the only complaint I will ever have is the shipping got mixed up but that is not a problem and was fixed very easily!" —Brooklyn Nguyen
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
20. A holy grail soft cleanser can help you *easily* erase all those gray and rusty stains on household surfaces you came to terms with years ago. They aren't paying rent, so give 'em the boot!
FYI, this is the pre-mixed version (which saves you a bit of time). But you can also try the original powder version. To understand just *how* versatile this product is, check out our review of Bar Keepers Friend and prepare to be amazed!
Promising review: "I’m now a permanent customer. I’ve used CLR, Clorox bowl cleaners, and others but this is my favorite. I used a small broom to clean my tubs and tile (as I usually do) even though instructions said to use a sponge; it dried my hands pretty bad (please use gloves). So I used the broom instead and it worked pretty well. I would recommend. I even tried it on my stove and it worked like a charm." —Itzel A.
Get two 13 oz. bottles from Amazon for $15.90.