37 Cheap Things That'll Help You Be A Bit Kinder To Your Skin
Look out for that giant organ suit with cheery bandages that stay put, a non-goopy aloe vera gel, a vibrating skin tool, super nourishing hand cream, and lots more finds that'll be a smooth fit into your beauty budget.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Nature Republic aloe vera gel that people use for every skin problem from sunburns to itches to oily skin to redness to acne!! It soaks in immediately without leaving behind any residue. Seriously, you need a tub of this in your fridge. I have TWO.
2. A skin spatula I recently started using that you may have seen beauty influencers use. It'll do major work for you thanks to vibrations that help clean grease, dead skin, blackheads, and whiteheads... so basically any of your pore-clogging woes. NGL, it'll feel weird at first but it helps SO much with extractions. *And* you can use it to massage in serum.
3. Pond's cold cream cleanser that's a classic for a reason (I learned about it from my Grandma!) and will annihilate makeup from your skin better than most other products out there. Plus! It'll seriously hydrate your face.
4. Pimple patches you can stick on a spot that's come to a head while you sleep for the night and then peel off in the morn to find all kinds of ick on it that used to be inside your blemish(!!!). These'll one-up your spot treatment of yore because they don't dry out your surrounding skin.
5. And XL patches that'll cover larger areas so you aren't playing connect the dots with a bunch of tiny little circle patches.
6. A bug bite suction tool to help you out with existing bites to remove the irritating venom, and help reduce itchiness, pain, and swollenness. Plus it works on other insect stings!
7. And some After Bite to apply to bug bites you find yourself pawing at uncontrollably. I used this stuff on a giant bite recently and it's shrunk to basically nothing.
8. Bandages that'll ACTUALLY match your skin tone so your healing process will be seamless, quicker, and therefore less-painful. Bye to the days when you've been like "Eh, I'm fine" re a painful papercut or scrape because you can't stand to wear a loud bandage. Wear that bandage and heal!
9. On the flip side, some cheery bandages that match no one's skin tone (except maybe unicorns' or aliens'?) that'll really, truly stay put. This brand is fun, super flexible, and doesn't budge during hand-washing. (Take it from someone who just stepped on a candleholder a few nights ago and has one on her foot.)
10. A bottle of Ecotools Makeup Brush Cleansing Shampoo to scrub a dub your go-to beauty tools that you drag across your face every day. Plus it's hypoallergenic!
11. Shower Pill face wipes (the spinoff of the original body wipes you probably saw on Shark Tank) for helping you clean up after that sweaty at-home HIIT session you've been doing during your lunch breaks without being harsh on your skin. (So proud of you!)
12. A bottle of NYX Matte Finish spray that I've used and can credit with helping me avoid reapplying a whole new face for post-work activities. The less you touch your face, the kinder you can be to your skin! Oh, and it's meant to last for 12 hours.
13. A double-sided silicone lip brush made to gently exfoliate your lips and make 'em ready for lipstick application or just to feel really nice, OK?!
14. A Garnier under-eye cream roller that'll be so easy to use on your tired under eyes *and* feel like such a relief thanks to cooling caffeine, mint, and vitamin C that you won't want to skip this skincare step. So when your roommate greets you with "Hello, Bright Eyes" it'll be totally sincere.
15. Collagen-infused eye masks to help your poor hard-working under eyes look less tired and puffy. Also, they'll just feel nice. Sometimes a mask is good for just that last part!
16. Glam satin pillow cases that I own and love! If you're a hot sleeper, these'll help keep you nice and cool. Plus, they're more moisturizing for your skin and hair than sleeping on cotton pillow cases.
17. O'Keeffe's Healthy Feet Foot Cream, a super concentrated foot cream for anyone whose old dogs look like they walked to hell and back. Say buh-bye to your cracked, dry heels.
18. And while we're at it, O'Keeffe's moisturizing cream with some similar results, leaving just about everyone from construction workers to people with eczema as fans in the reviews.
19. Eos shea butter shaving cream made to deliver 24-hour hydration, whether you use it for a wet or dry shave.
20. A humidifier that, yes is more expensive than other items in this list, BUT for a humidifier to be effective on your skin you need one this large. No wimpy diffuser for this purpose folks. Leave it going while you're sleeping for a skin treat and keep on using it once the heat kicks on in your place to prevent some dry winter skin blues.
21. Cetaphil Pro's Dermacontrol Purifying Clay Mask made with bentonite clay will be effective in helping clean out your pores, even if you have sensitive skin!
22. And some silicone brushes to help you slather on your masks without getting your handsy germs into your mask container or mussing up your mani.
23. Cuccio cuticle oil that'll help revive any dry, taut, or torn-up skin around your nail beds. Also from my personal experience, it'll help make your nails grow stronger. Yep, this is *my* hand.
24. Acure brightening scrub with argan extract and chlorella, aka super gentle exfoliating ingredients that won't make your acne-prone skin freak out like other exfoliatiors. As you can see, reviewers say it also helps fade scars and brighten skin!
25. Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil, an organic solution with lots of uses like getting rid of discoloration, acne, dry skin, and — thanks to a combo of fatty acids and antioxidants — brighten.
26. Neutrogena SPF 30 oil-free moisturizer that'll *also* help resurface and brighten your skin thanks to ingredients like neoglucosamine, moringa seed oil extract, vitamins C and E. TL;DR: you can skip a few products because this one is that good.
27. An Elizavecca facial serum with a hyaluronic acid blend you can use before your moisturizer for the ideal level of hydration. Yes, even if you have oily skin, this'll be a welcome addition to your skincare routine.
28. La Roche-Posay micellar water that's oil-free and gentle on sensitive skin but will take off whatever makeup you need taking off. No more eyeliner on your pillowcase in the a.m.!
29. Mario Badescu rosewater facial spray for a refreshing blast that'll address a whole bevy of skin issues like plumping up dull skin, giving your foundation a dewy lewk, setting makeup, making you feel refreshed. Just so many things! This is a staple for a reason.
30. A cotton and bamboo Ecotools cleansing brush that's sensitive skin-friendly (yes, they do exist!) to help ya' get a DEEP pore cleanse with your fave face wash.
31. Jack Black SPF 25 lip balm in a pocket size to pack a real moisturizing punch with beeswax, green tea leaf extract, shea butter, and cocoa seed butter.
32. Dermal Korea collagen sheet masks that are my personal old faithfuls when it come to sheet masks. Keep 'em in your fridge door for an even more refreshing and soothing treatment!
33. Everyday Humans Germaphobe hand sanitizer you can *also* spray on your nonmedical face masks when you want a mid-day refresher. It has a black tea delicious smell and won't leave your paws dehydrated like lots of others in the hand sanitizer rush of 2020.
34. A Nivea intensive cream with an incredibly rich formula (it completely melts into the skin, don't worry!) that'll have passersby thinking you've invested MUCH more into your skincare regimen.
35. Eucerin redness relief night cream made for babes with sensitive skin so you can go to sleep hoping for a less flushed look come morning.
36. C.O. Bigelow night balm with a shea butter formula perfectly tailored to those eight hours everyone keeps telling you that you need every night.
37. Garnier refreshing gel-cream that'll feel like a cool breeze on your face in an oil-free formula to help you find that perfect balance in a barely-there consistency.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.