We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A lantern-sleeve looker lots of reviewers love for family photos, but will quickly become a fall go-to once you realize it's the PERFECT thing to wear with your favorite over-the-knee boots.
Promising review: "I bought this dress in wine red, the color is pretty and the fit is perfect! So I ordered a second one in white. Putting it on I noticed there isn't a lot of stretch, but they're both very nice looking and comfortable. The white is lined so it's not see through at all. I'm keeping both!! Highly recommend!! Perfect for fall weather with boots!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $20.25+ (available in 25 colors and sizes S–XL).
2. An A-line pinafore (that totally counts as a dress itself) but would probably be better to layer with your go-to turtleneck.
Promising review: "I read about this in a BuzzFeed article that said best, cheapest things to buy on Amazon right now. I was skeptical because I've ordered from Romwe before and not loved their products (they were sooo small.) This fit as expected, and I got SO many compliments on it. I can wear it all through fall and I've already worn it out in the summer!" —Brandon Alexander
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 13 colors).
4. A tiered tunic with TONS of color and pattern options to help fit your fall (and beyond) dressing needs.
FYI, if you have Amazon Prime Wardrobe you can give this a spin before you buy it!
Promising review: "I have this exact dress in the blue color way and I love it. When I saw the black and white pattern I had to get it. It is so cute and comfortable, and whenever I wear it I get several compliments. I think that it runs a little small across the bust. I highly recommend this dress. Cheers!" —Lynn V
Get it from Amazon for $23.98+ (available in 45 colors/styles and sizes S–XXL).
5. A flowy boho style you'll get a ton of use out of in other seasons. Reviewers have paired it with cowboy boots and tights for a fall-friendly look that'll make you fend off the compliments.
6. A boho dress ready for your tasseled jacket, wide-brim hat, and cowboy boots. I can picture you apple picking in this right now.
7. A showstopping mesh dress you can use as a base for basically any special event's ensemble, like falling asleep on the couch with Halloween chocolate all over your face after watching the new Hocus Pocus for the gazillionth time.
9. A fleece hoodie dress seemingly SO comfy, that they might outlaw it. So you might wanna go ahead and snag it in a few colors while you still can.
Promising review: "This dress is very comfortable and cozy for the winter. I am tall and plus-size. It falls halfway down my calves. It’s very thick and nicely made. I just throw it on to run errands and look cute while doing it. It’s as comfy as a pair of sweatpants but way more stylish. I love it and will be buying other colors." —Theresa Casanova
Get it from Amazon for $37.99 (available in sizes S–3X and in 16 colors).
10. A flowy ruffled dress that's already in my Amazon cart. Cheers to matching your frock with your favorite caffeinated fall drink.
11. An airy nap dress I own and plan to wear into fall with a moto jacket and ankle boots. It's super easy to adjust the puff sleeves from on to off the shoulder to fit your mood.
12. A colorful wrap dress for something that's office dress code approps (or perf for that virtual interview) without being a total snore.
13. A V-neck midi dress more or less built for a street style photo op...and then curling up on the couch for a Halloweentown movie marathon.
14. A lightweight tunic that'll easily go with whatever pair of leggings are clean atm. (It's truly a struggle.)
15. A cozy turtleneck dress you can throw on with your over-the-knee boots. You don't have to wear a print or bright color to look totally ~stunning~ this season. (Though this does have a few patterns...)
16. A ruched wrap dress that'll more or less be the definition of "pulled together but comfy."
Promising review: "I love the fit of this wrap dress and it fits true to size. And I absolutely love the color. If you are thinking about buying this dress, I think you should definitely buy it. You will not be disappointed." —Shayna Spivey
Get it from Amazon for $30.99+ (available in sizes 14–26 and in five colors).