While BuzzFeed celebrates Black History Month, we also believe in celebrating the value and contributions of Black people year-round. Please enjoy our BHM-themed shopping lists from BuzzFeed Shopping, the Black entrepreneurs who create these products and services, and know that you can #BuyBlack well beyond this wonderful, dedicated month.
1. City Tasting Box's The Majority Box is a curated collection of yummy things from Memphis food artisans to help your taste buds travel, even if you can't.
2. Hot N Saucy hot sauces can transform all of the recipes you've grown sick of cooking at home. Just wait until your leftover grilled chicken meets the Sweet Potato N Habanero. Yes, I will officiate at their wedding.
3. Sol Cacao vegan chocolates are ready to snap to it when your chocolate craving hits and you crave something *good.*
4. Zach & Zoe Sweet Bee Farm Unfiltered Raw Honey may just be the sweet thing to level up your afternoon tea.
5. Me & The Bees Lemonade (while we're on the subject of bees) that'll quench your thirst without stuff like high-fructose corn syrup.
6. BLK & BOLD coffee is a certified fair-trade version of the good stuff with hundreds of 5-star reviews to convince you to *add to cup.* Then add to your cup again and again. (Slow down there, cowboy. It's only 8:15 a.m. OK?)
8. Trade Street Jam Co. cherry chipotle mocktail elixir will work magic over ice or mixed into a mocktail or with spirits. Oh, and the jam (as indicated by the name) is also great. Cheers!
9. The Naked Bar's Vegan Oreo Cheesecake is made for plant-based folks but can be enjoyed by anyone with an appreciation for the best cookie out there.
10. A Dozen Cousins Refried Pinto Beans might just become a pantry staple for you (they have for me!) once you realize how easily these microwavable mains will fit into your meal rotation. But that's just where the beans start!
11. Berry Bissap can be a new (to you) sippable way to honor the traditional hibiscus tea recipe of Bissap — a popular West African beverage originally from Senegal — with its own tart twist and a smidge of sweetness.
12. Iya Foods celery juice powder is a super convenient way to sip on that green juice without waking up your roommates with that juicer that's on its last leg anyway (tbh). But you can also put it in some food recipes to share with said roommates.
13. Winfrey Foods Royal Relish chow chow, which is really just fancy talk for something you'll want in your mouth ASAP. If you've never tried chow chow, you are not living.
14. Callaloo Box curates themed boxes full of delish stuff from The Caribbean. Or you can buy the snacks separately. Really, you need no more convincing.
15. Chef Kenny's gift set of spices because, well, do we really need to remind folks to season their food? I don't wish unseasoned chicken on even those I detest.
16. Slim & Husky's Nuthin But A "V" Thang Vegan Pizza looks *so* good and has such a good name (like the brand's other non-vegan pizzas) that you might just convince your meat-eating dad that this is for supper. (TBH, I think it'd convince mine.)
17. SoCu Kitchen sells delectable pancake and waffle mixes (plus more items!) that'll make you break up with your favorite brunch spot.
18. Rockin Jr Ranch spicy jam for treating your taste buds not once (with Peach Raspberry Habanero Jam) but twice (with Strawberry Jalapeno Jam).
19. Cocoa Belle Chocolates Mississippi Mud Pie Bark is chock(olate, hehe) full of possibilities if you've ever uttered "I need chocolate" or are even far less dependent on that magical stuff.
20. TRUFFLIN Sriracha & Ranch VIP Set here to make your mouth water. Your wings and french fries will never look back.
21. Pipcorn heirloom cheese balls may just become a movie night essential once you bite into these crunchy, non-GMO snacks in a variety of flavors. Oh yeah, you may have heard of these from Shark Tank.
22. Lillie's of Charleston "Hab Mussy" Hot Mustard BBQ Sauce is already award-winning but you'll likely make up some awards of your own for it once you've used it as a marinade. Time to grab that bowling trophy and a Sharpie.
23. Adjourn Teahouse Sunday Morning blend is naturally sweet with strawberry, lemongrass, and low caffeine for an effect that'll make you pause and gradually wake up. Just like any Sunday Morning I'd wish for you.
24. Tubby's Oh. Wow. Yum! Vegan Cookie Box would be a real treat for any day that ends in -y. Or you can sign up for a recurring subscription. (Psst, you should sign up for the subscription. You deserve it!)
25. The Welle Made Company's Hand Pies are filled to the brim with traditional West African flavors in flaky, buttery crust for a meal that'll make your eyes roll into the back of your head — in a good way, of course.
26. EXAU Olive Oil can help make everything feel a bit fancier. Oh, what's that? You have a nice loaf of bread? You know what to do...
27. Cornbread 26 Food Co.'s Cornbread Madeleine for the ultimate treat with your morning coffee, as a mid-day snack, or on a side of wine. Really just eat them how you want. And there are so many variations!
28. OH-Mazing Food lemon bar granola might actually get you pumped to peel yourself out of bed in the mornings.
29. Blondery birthday cake blondies in case you wanna send something tasty to a friend... or yourself. No judgment! Actually, I may steal your idea.
30. Island Pops' Bestseller Pops can help fill up your freezer (full freezers run more efficiently, BTW) so you can treat your taste buds to Trinidadian-inspired desserts and feel kinder to your appliances. (I'm here all day if you need any similar rationale to buy dessert.)
31. LoAdebar sampler will take you on a tasting tour of fuel to get your through all your activities. Yep, even the ones that make you break a sweat.
32. Partake soft-baked cookie butter cookies are sure to please your palate, whether you're on the prowl for an allergy-free treat or not. These are free of all kinds of stuff but don't skimp on the taste.
33. Michele's Syrups will have you planning for pancake night a few nights a week. Which, honestly, sounds genius.
Want more products from Black-owned businesses? Check out Cool Products from Black-Owned Businesses, Black Womxn-Owned Etsy Shops, and our ongoing Minority-Owned Business Gift Guide 2021, which features loads of products by Black entrepreneurs that we think you'll love.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.