1. Harlem Candle Company sells complex, enticing scents in elegant containers you'll wanna leave out long after they've burned up. But even that will be awhile because these bbs seem to last for a very long time (or at least for me!)
2. FORVR Mood celebrates self-care for Black women (from a Black woman!) with scents that'll make you (rightfully) feel spoiled and pampered.
3. Southern Elegance Candle Co. partners with local suppliers for their wax, wicks, and containers to whip up scents thta evoke simpler times. Sign me up for anything that makes me feel like I'm sipping sweet tea under a Magnolia tree, plz.
4. Colossal Candles creates, well, really LARGE candles so you won't have to burn through lots of smaller jars (I know I do), therefore creating less waste. Also you've gotta love the drama of the scale!
5. Bright Black Candles hand crafts candles one at a time in a tribute to Black greatness rather than just create really great candles. (Though the candles *are* really great, for the record).
6. Wicks NOLA Candle Company sells clean-burning, vegan candles inspired by New Orleans. Will lighting one of these make a bag of beignets appear by your side? Unfortunately not, but they're sure to transport you to your last trip to The Big Easy.
7. Jay & Lynn Co. whips up beautiful-smelling candles with motivating messages on the jar because hey, why not look at the thing emitting that wonderful smell for a lil' affirmation too?
9. SiVi Tidy Co. specializes in vegan cleaning products to match your smell preferences but *also* sells candles so you can enjoy lovely scents long after you've completed your chores.
10. Copper Wings Candle Co. has cute labels that'll land on your 'gram while enticing your olfactory senses. Super generous of you to share this with your followers!
11. Paige's Candle Co. gives you plenty to admire with interesting collections and collabs to satisfy your candle wants — scratch that — NEEDS!
12. Spoken Flames makes immersive candle experiences with dual wooden wicks that'll crackle like a campfire.
13. Pretty Honest Candles burn for longer (thanks to soy wax) and have a variety of styles that'll fit into your life, like these gorgeous new body candles I've been eyeing on Instagram!
14. UNLAX Candles are designed to help you unwind with rich blends and low-key packaging that won't busy your mind.
15. One Eleven Candles embeds crystals in their candle blends for a lit experience that'll keep on giving once you retrieve the crystals and cleanse them for use for your personal intentions.
16. CANDLESSENTIALS crafts coconut wax candles (sans any animal products or additives) and packages them in seed-embedded boxes for a gift you can admire long after the wonderful scents fade.
17. Posh Candle Co. means to inspire you when you light one of their on-trend candles so the only spark isn't just that flame.
18. Libra Moonstone sells crystal kits and separate crystals *but* you'll be glad to know also has some gorgeous candles infused with *actual* pieces of their scents.
19. Secret Scents of Ella makes utterly gorgeous torso form candles you may not wanna light (that's up to you!) because you don't wanna mess with a great thing.
Want more products from Black-owned businesses? Check out Cool Products from Black-Owned Businesses, Black Womxn-Owned Etsy Shops, and our ongoing Minority-Owned Business Gift Guide 2021, which features loads of products by Black entrepreneurs that we think you'll love.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.