1. The Northern Lights
2. Sweet architecture
3. Geysir: the geysir that all geysirs are named after
5. And the Dimmuborgir Yule Lads
6. Cozy chic fashion & shopping
7. Shops, restaurants, & guesthouses that put all others to shame with their hospitality
8. Picturesque harbor towns
This one’s Gulfoss.
11. More waterfalls
12. Waterfalls you can walk behind
13. And waterfalls like Skógafoss that you can hike to the top of
14. Wild arctic foxes
15. The challenge of not hitting sheep* on the Ring Road
16. Hot pots, steam baths, & town pools
Mývatn Nature Baths
17. And the tourist trap that is the Blue Lagoon
18. Gas station fast food that doesn’t suck
19. A 32 letter alphabet
22. Mud pits galore
23. Lava fields that make you feel like you’re on Mars
24. Lupins everywhere
25. Midnight summer sun
26. Top-notch cities in the middle of nowhere
27. with million dollar views
31. Hverfell, the ‘Dog Bowl’ you can climb
32. Blue whales
Outside of Húsavík
33. Moss and rocks as far as the eye can see
34. The Wasteland
35. Ocean views
36. One lane bridges
The Hornbjarg cliffs are actually real.
38. Turf houses
Skaftafell National Park
39. Volcano jokes
40. Great museums
42. The division between the European and North American tectonic plates
43. 3-legged monsters
44. And did I mention waterfalls?
- The controversial HB2 "bathroom law" in North Carolina is on the cusp of being repealed, but LGBT activists say the repeal bill still allows discrimination.
- Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner was spotted meeting with top senators on criminal justice reform.
- Trump's first meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping will take place at the president's Mar-A-Lago resort in Florida April 6 and 7.
- The trailer for the new film version of Stephen King's "It" has dropped and the general consensus is that it will make you defecate your pants 🤡