4. Sir Humphry Davy
…who in 1815 refused to patent his lamp. He also claimed to “have learned more from [his] mistakes than [his] successes.”
Mhm, sure he did….
7. 4. The Airplane - Attributed to: The Wright Bros.
“If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really true, there would be little hope of advance.” - Orville Wright
Unfortunately the real guy (literally) crashed and burned - well, not burned thank gawd:
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he will move on to other issues.
- FBI agents posed as filmmakers to talk to armed militia during a standoff in Nevada, then used the footage against two men on trial in federal court.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- A lawsuit has been filed against a renowned UC Berkeley professor who allegedly sexually harassed and assaulted a former student and employee.