We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bottle of Zymox Ear Cleanser, a nontoxic way to get your pupper's ears clean (using no harsh chemicals) and hopefully avoid those annoying ear infections.
Promising review: "My husband and I just adopted our cute puppy, Winston, from the humane society. When we adopted him his ears were unfortunately pretty dirty, but after using this ear cleaner today his ears are so clean!! I'm so amazed at everything it managed to get out. Our puppy's ears look so much better now! I would highly recommend this product to anyone with a dog." —Jerome F
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
2. And while you're helping clean their ears, try a set of super gentle ear-cleaning wipes great for preventing ear infections, reducing wax buildup, and getting rid of any debris in your pup's ears.
Promising review: "My coonhound always seems to have smelly, itchy ears. The wipes smell nice, and make cleaning the gunk easy. They are really saturated, which I'm sure helps with the cleaning, so I followed up with a paper towel to help dry his ears afterward. He didn't seem to mind at all, and I haven't seen him shaking his head like before." —Rina
Get a pack of 100 wipes for $12.99.
3. A tube of Wrinkle Paste — an anti-bacterial formula you can use to protect your doggie's wrinkles, remove tear stains, and help eliminate any stinkiness.
Promising review: "Bought this for my 4-year-old 70 lb. English bulldog. He’s always had an odor from his wrinkles. Used it on his wrinkles two to three times and the smell is completely gone. I’ve been using wet wipes for years to clean the area but it never got rid of the odor the way this wrinkle paste does. I’ll be using this for a long time." —Kpop
Get it from Amazon for $20.67.
4. A five-finger de-shedding glove for folks who want to be able to give their pets a little love while they collect some of the about-to-be-all-over-the-furniture fur.
Promising review: "My German shepherd sheds A LOT. Before buying this product, I had to use a hand brush groomer and it wasn't very easy to use, especially around the curves of my dog's legs and stomach. This Glove made it so much easier and better for both me and my dog. She absolutely loves it as the rubber doesn't dig into her and feels like it's gently scratching her. Absolutely recommend for any type of dog!" —Abrahan
Get it from Amazon for $6.79.
5. A pack of Glandex Dog Wipes designed specifically (and gently enough) to help clean and deodorize your pet's anal glands — and if you have a furry friend with a stinky (and leaking) anal gland you know exactly how great these could be!
Promising review: "My dog has gotten so used to me using these she now just stands there and waits for me to wipe her behind. I no longer have those mysterious beige stains on my white bedding!" —Amy Morgan
6. A tube of bad breath-eliminating Virbac CET Enzymatic Toothpaste to make sure your favorite cuddle buddy's goodnight bedtime kisses aren't all stinky. It'll also help remove plaque and tartar buildup.
Promising review: "My husband and I brush our dog's teeth every night, and this is the absolute best dog toothpaste. First off, it's a lovely vanilla-mint flavor that makes our dog's breath PLEASANT when he's breathing in our faces as we sleep (yes, we succumbed and let him sleep in bed with us). I don't really see the point of brushing with chicken or beef flavor — it just makes the dog's breath that much stinkier. Second, the toothpaste is a nice viscosity which means it brushes on and licks off well. We've tried some types that are more like a gel, and that usually ends up with some goo dribbles on the floor — no fun. Third, we've been using this brand for about two years and our dog's teeth are GREAT — hardly any plaque (except in between his far back molars, which are hard to brush), pretty decent breath most of the time (unless he ate cat poop, no fun), and no effect on his bowel movements. Highly recommend this dog toothpaste!" —Toblerone
Get it from Amazon for $9.98 (available in three flavors).
7. Or if your pup isn't big on getting his teeth brushed, get a bottle of Nylabone Advanced Oral Care Liquid Tartar Remover — just add a little to a bowl of water and it'll help freshen their breath as it reduces plaque and controls tartar.
Promising review: "I have an English Bulldog (about 50 lbs.) who developed bad breath literally overnight. I couldn't get near him with my nose. I was going to call the Vet but that would have cost me $250. So I thought I would do a little research on my own. I found a list of causes that included gum and tooth problems. So I looked for a way to treat it on my own. That's when I found a list of water additives that claimed that their products worked. I read several reviews and decided there were two different brands that I would try. They arrived within two days of ordering and I decided to try the Nylabone Advanced Oral Care first. I have never tried the second brand because Oral Care worked fast and successfully. It improved some on the first use but continued to get much better every day! I am only using Oral Care from now on! The cost is low but the results are awesome! I would have given this product 10 stars if I could. I would try this water additive first before you waste your money on any others! Just one capful to about 16 ounces of water. So a bottle lasts a long time! Now I snuggle with him, kiss him, and sleep with him." —Sharon K. Lessard
Get it from Amazon for $10.12.
8. A bottle of super gentle Nutri-Vet Eye Rinse to cleanse and treat your pup's irritated eyes while keeping eyes clear of stains.
Promising review: "I have two Shih Tzus. They had watery eyes and a little tear staining, but this eye solution has worked wonderfully. One drop in their eyes every morning after I’ve cleaned them. At one point I stopped doing it for awhile, and my male ended up with a stye, so back to every day." —CG
Get it from Amazon for $5.59.
9. Or try Angel's Eyes tear stain wipes, presoaked and textured wipes designed to remove dried mucus, secretions, and tear stains when used daily.
Promising review: "These things have a lot of solution in them! They don't really have any discernible scent, and they are useful in getting the crust and goo off my dog's fur. They don't really remove stains or foul smells but they DO clean it up very well. I've previously used makeup rounds and other tear cleaning products, and they did not clean as well, easily or quickly as this product. My dog does not mind these, because they don't irritate her eyes. Been using them over two weeks now and still as moist as when we opened the jar." —B.H.
Get a pack of 100 wipes from Amazon for $9.97.
10. And while you're at it, a Mindful Pets tear stain comb to help you remove the crust and mucus around your dogs eyes.
Promising review: "This tool is a miracle! Small, lightweight and a good value for the price. Just one comb through and I got the sticky wet goop. A few more comb-throughs and I found eye gunk that was buried in his muzzle. Most importantly, this comb removed the debris without causing any discomfort to my pooch. In fact, he seemed to enjoy it!" —Joanna
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $5.95.
11. A professional grade handheld dog shower attachment with a contoured design that'll provide a steady stream while using 30% less water.
Promising review: "This is a very nice wand. Our dog hates baths and is scared of spray heads, but this is so gentle that he hardly minds it at all. The wand can be adjusted to a narrow or wide flow, and within the narrow or wide range it can be can be adjusted to a very gentle flow, or a higher flow. The narrower spray pattern is great for feet or legs, the wider for rinsing off soap across dogs back. You can adjust everything right at your finger tips, including shutting it off." —Professional Consumer #1
Get it from Amazon for $36.86+ (available in two sizes).
12. And speaking of bath time, a genius little Aquapaw slow treat-dispensing mat so you can distract your pup while you clean 'em up — it easily sticks to any smooth service (like your shower tiles) and you just fill it with some PB.
Promising review: "Must have for hyper or stubborn dogs! This is one of the best and most functional items I've bought from Amazon! My dog wasn’t aware she got a bath till she was out of the tub!! She was so preoccupied with this. Definitely a must for stubborn or hyper dogs. Easy to clean and a little PB goes a long way." —Solo
Get it from Amazon for $10.95.
13. An all natural solid shampoo designed with a blend of six gentle but cleansing oils to keep your doggo fresh AND repel insects.
14. A bottle of Shed-X, a daily supplement made with essential fatty acids, organic flaxseed oil, natural wheat germ oil, zinc, and Biotin that'll help work from the inside to significantly reduce shedding.
Promising review: "I cannot say enough amazing things about this product! I have recommended it to someone every single day since we started it. I have a Great Pyrenees, and if you're a Pyr owner you understand the struggle of hair EVERYWHERE. The amount of hair on my bed, floors, couch, clothes, and blanket has decreased drastically. I am truly impressed. We are on week four and will continue our Shed-X regimen forever." —Courtney Gillaspia
Get it from Amazon for $10.36+ (available in three sizes).
15. A tube of the Natural Dog Company Store snout soother, a 100% all natural dog nose butter that'll help cure your poor doggo's dry, chapped, cracked, and crusty nose.
The Natural Dog company is dedicated to bringing natural healing solutions to dogs all around the world.
Promising review: "Well, I have never before been so shocked at the effectiveness of a product. Our 5-year-old Frenchie, Carol, had a nose that was so crusty it was sprouting these long strands of more crust. There was literally crust on crust on crust. The nose had strings of crust. This nose was so crusty and repulsive it was almost beautiful. Her nose might have resembled the rarest, most exotic geode to be mined from the rarest mine in Guatemala. A friend recommended Snout Soother for Carol's repulsive nose. I was worried she would just lick it all off and it wouldn't work. We never imagined she could have a regular, soft, moist nose again. Honestly this product is some black magic stuff! Unbelievable results in three to five days. No one paid me to write this." —Brittany
16. A very handy Hertzko mat-remover for small animals which will gently remove loose hair while eliminating tangles, knots, dander and trapped dirt.
Promising review: "I’ve never had a dog who 'mats.' Our little guy was found by my husband — abandoned on the nearby railroad tracks, shaved, flea ridden, and almost dead. No one claimed him. We thought he was a short-haired terrier. Nope!!! He now has a beautiful nonshedding coat, but he mats. I read tons of reviews and decided on this dematting comb. I was skeptical. Well, it worked. I had to make several passes for each knot, but his knots were very close to the skin by his collar area. It took a lot of time and patience, but we got a lot out. It didn’t seem to hurt him at all. For my first 'de-matting' experience, it wasn’t that bad. I will keep on him every day so he doesn’t get a mat again :). We think he’s a Maltese mix of some sort. His hair is NOT waterproof — he soaks right to the skin when he gets wet. Great dog. We are so lucky he came into our lives!!!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
17. A bottle of doggy leave-in conditioner to help hydrate, condition, de-mat, and moisturize your pup's skin and coat. It'll have them feeling silky smooth without any greasiness.
Promising review: "This product is INCREDIBLE and so far, the very best relief of the skin dryness problem we used to constantly have. This product cleared up both my dog's inner bottom legs and belly’s that were broken out in scabs and red bumps. This doggie lotion is a godsend. It’s thick enough to last but thin enough that there isn’t an oily residue after you apply. Both dogs have short hair and it made a huge difference!" —Lexie
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 (available in two scents and three sizes)
18. A portable paw plunger made to clean your adorable pup's filthy little paws with just one quick dunk — if you really think about it, your doggo roams the streets barefoot and then curls all up on your sheets... actually, maybe don't think about it.
Promising review: "We have a 75 lbs., 28" tall at the shoulders goldendoodle with curly hair and large paws, and a brand new yard on the coast that is 95% sand. In the past three months, I've been wiping his paws ineffectively and spending most of my housekeeping time sweeping/vacuuming all the sand that he brings in and deposits on our hard floors. Our new veterinarian, upon hearing me whine about the situation, recommended I buy this product because she uses it with her own dogs. From the first time I used it, I was sold! It looks like one of those oversized water jugs you can get at a convenience store, with a fitted insert for paws and legs. I stuck my hand (and my kids') inside to try it out and the bristles inside are very soft, and will not hurt sensitive paw pads. The rubber piece at the top made it tricky to pull my hand out (it reminded me of the scene in Where The Red Fern Grows with the raccoon who gets its hand stuck in a log because it won't let go of a shiny piece of tin), but that's helpful in wringing some of the water off the furry paws. Our dog is used to having his feet handled many times a day and it only took a few minutes to teach him what we were doing. But if you have a dog who is jumpy/twitchy or doesn't like having its paws touched, this might not be the right product for you." —Heather
Get it from Amazon for $17.98+ (available for small to large paws and in four colors).
19. A bottle of Wondercide Flea and Tick, an essential-oil infused spray for your cats, dogs, and home that'll get rid of any those pesky bugs that can infest your furry friends and furniture.
Promising review: "I have used this on my pups, around the house, and on my family for years. I couldn't bear to use flea medicine on them when the box warns about getting it on human skin. Why would I put it on my dog then? I have seen this kill fleas numerous times when it starts to get warm. We don't spray year-round. We spray two to three times a week on the dogs when it starts to get warm and then about once a week. I wash their dog bedding in this too. Remember, most fleas are in the environment, not on your pet, so make sure to spray the furniture and carpet. When sprayed on our skin it keeps mosquitos away like magic. It is so versatile and safe and I love the smell. Couldn't say enough good things about it." —SAS
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in four sizes and four scents).
20. A super absorbent quick-drying towel specially designed to make drying up your pup a little easier — it's designed with slots for your hands so you can easily get a good grip on your doggo as you pat them dry.
Promising review: "THIS IS THE ONLY TOWEL YOU WILL EVER NEED FOR YOUR FUR BABIES!!!!! The design is genius and of superior quality. My dogs love to get their rubdowns with this every time they come in from the wet outdoors! Goes perfectly with the MudBuster paw wash cups!" —Kandi R. OBrien
Get it from Amazon for $19.26+ (available in three colors).
21. And don't forget your pup needs a hooded robe, bath time can equal their spa time if you believe — and buy them the right accessories.
22. An alcohol-free anti-fungal antibacterial spray designed to help relieve skin infections, hot spots, paw licking, allergies, growths, and acne for your pupper. It uses aloe and vitamin E to help in the soothing and nourishing.
Promising review: "My Frenchie chews on his paws night and day. I’ve tried raw diets, but it was not a food allergy. My dog just produces too much yeast in his paws and tail pocket that he just can’t help it but gnaw in this paws for hours on and scooting his butt to get that itch in that tail pocket. I’ve tried foot soaks, balms, and so many other products, wasting so much money. This is the first product that worked! The smell is very pleasant and easy application; be careful don’t let your dog ingest it. I love this product and won’t be using any other product. Since I’ve been using it, his paws are starting to look normal and not all red/raw and chewed up. I would recommend this to any animal owner to use this if the pets have skin issues." —Uyen Mai Thi Tran
Get it from Amazon for $16.95.