We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales from the links on this page.
1. NoseFrida, to suck boogers out of your baby’s nose.
“My newborn got a cold at only a week old and couldn’t breathe through her little nose. I tried bulb syringes, saline nasal spray, humidifiers, etc., and nothing helped and she couldn’t sleep. We were all miserable until someone told me about the NoseFrida. I was able to remove all the junk stopping up her nose. It is a miracle device and my child was so much happier.” —Cathy Croft Holderfield, Facebook
“It’s gross, but works better than the old school bulb.” —Lisa S.
2. Neat Solutions Table Toppers, to create a clean surface for your child no matter where you go.
“I keep these disposable placemats in my diaper bag for when we eat out! Babies love to throw their placemats (and plates), but these stick in place and also keep away all the germs on the table.” —Sdaloia, Facebook
3. A HALO SleepSack, because babies can’t sleep with blankets.
“Our newborn kept getting out of her swaddle blanket and would wake herself up. She started sleeping in five- to seven-hour stretches when we got the sleep sack: total lifesaver! They also look like a cute little burrito, so that’s an added bonus.” —Amanda Damman, Facebook
“Both my kids were swaddle addicts and these were by far the best! I give every new parent one now, whether they register for it or not.” —Amanda T.
4. Inglesina Fast Table Chair, so your baby can join you at the table.
“It’s 70 bucks, which is much cheaper than normal high chairs. It can be taken to restaurants and attached to the table in a minute or less. We always get a ton of questions on where we got it.” —Kelly Lynch, Facebook
6. WubbaNub Infant Pacifier, so your child can have two of their favorite things at once.
“It’s a stuffed animal with a binky attached. Kids play with it, developing early motor skills, and it’s easier to find than just a binky during a 2 a.m. meltdown.” —Chris L.
7. The Windi Gas and Colic Reliever for Babies, to get all the shit out.
“It’s basically a fart whistle and the greatest thing ever invented. Helps my constipated baby go every time. Make sure to wear goggles and an apron.” —Andrea H.
“We read the box about being prepared [for the poo], but didn’t believe it the first time! We never made that mistake again.” —Laura A.
8. Tula Ergonomic Carrier, to hold your baby, do the laundry, participate in a conference call, and save the world…all at the same time.
“My daughter was very needy, and became fussy each time we put her down. She was only happy when being held by me. I got a Tula Carrier, and she was finally content. With two free hands, and a happy baby, I was able to clean my house, and tend to my toddler.” —Ewelina B.
10. Sleep Sheep Cloud B Sound Machine Soother, to create ambient noise that’ll put your baby at ease.
The Cloud B is actually a sound machine in sheep’s clothing, literally. This little stuffed animal can produce up to 45 minutes of ambiance sound, like rain drops, to help sooth your baby and put them to sleep.
Recommended by ajcastleberry
11. Fisher-Price Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat, to help your baby sit up and get noticed.
“This seriously saved my life between 2 and 6 months. When your baby has some head control, but still can’t sit up on her own, this seat offers enough support and a bit of an incline to prop her up. With baby sitting by herself, you’re free to make dinner, take a shower, etc. And it’s super lightweight and portable! Life-changing.” —Catie E.
12. Little Remedies Baby Sterile Saline Mist, to flush out everything that’s clogging up their nose.
“It works perfect for stuffy and dry noses. Especially when your little one is under a year old. I live in a dry state and this product has worked wonders for flushing out mucus and also moisturizes. Would recommend it to any first-time parent like myself.” —Chelsea Y.
13. Munchkin Miracle 360 Sippy Cup, a sippy cup that won’t leak.
Activated by the pressure of the mouth, this cup is a sealed masterpiece, never letting a drop out unless your child is drinking from it. It’ll prevent a million messes!
Recommended by kratta95
14. Fisher-Price Rock N Play Sleeper, to have a portable place to lay your baby.
“It’s perfect if you want the baby to sleep in your room, but not in your bed. It keeps her close and it’s tilted slightly, which seems to help her sleep. I found all three of my children were very picky about where they slept, and each of them needed something different, but for my daughter, this has been what works best, and many friends have told me it’s the only way they got their babies to sleep those first few months.” —Nada N.
15. Baby Merlin’s Magic Sleepsuit, to keep your baby warm and cozy all night long.
“I’m telling you, this thing is a miracle worker. Babies can’t safely sleep with blankets, so they get cold easily. Their reflexes also cause them to wake up. This sleep suit makes them look like Ralphie’s brother in A Christmas Story, but keeps them so warm and snuggly. They’ll sleep through the whole night the first time they use it.” —Mckenzie A.
16. Oogiebear Ear & Nose Cleaner, to spoon out your babies boogers.
“It’s great for when my little one has a full nose. He won’t hold still for the aspirator and the NoseFrida grosses me out… it’s the perfect picking size!” —D. Lynn
17. BabyBum Diaper Cream Brush, to help you get the hard-to-reach spots when applying diaper rash cream.
“It gets diaper cream where your fingers can’t, and keeps your hand clean at the same time. Have you ever tried getting diaper cream out from under your nails while holding a squirming baby?” —Steph P.
18. OXO Silicone Roll Up Bib, to catch all the leftovers.
The coated fabric on the Oxo Silicone Bib will be a total lifesaver during feeding time. It prevents soak through, is comfy for baby, and it stays put. It rolls up perfectly so you can throw it in your diaper bag and when your little one is done using it, just clean out the catch-all and roll it up to keep the mess contained.
Recommend by mial4
20. JollyPop Pacifier, to have a pacifier your baby will love.
“The BEST. Same silicone material and nipple shape as the popular Soothie by Avent, but the mouth part doesn’t cover baby’s nose, the handle is more compatible with pacifier clips, and it comes in cuter colors.” —Justine Fitting, Facebook
Price: $15 for a pack of six
21. Medela Tender Care Hydrogel Pads, because breast-feeding takes its toll on a mom’s skin.
“For you breastfeeding moms, a MUST in the first few days is Medela soothing gel pads! No need for goopy Lanolin. I always recommend them and throw them in baby shower gifts. I have no idea how I nursed two babies without those suckers in the beginning!” —Carly P.
22. Boba Baby Wrap, to hold your baby close but stay hands off.
“A colicky baby right to sleep. Leaves your hands free. Ignore anyone who tells you that convenience or comfort items are unnecessary. You don’t get extra mommy points for difficulty.” —Laura McFarland, Facebook
23. EZPZ Happy Mat, to make dinnertime cleanup super easy.
These all-in-one mats have everything you need to serve dinner, but they stick to the surface of your counter. So, if your child likes to get a little wild at dinner (don’t we all), you won’t be stick with a massive cleanup.
Recommended by mial4
25. Boppy Newborn Lounger, a comfortable place to lay baby down.
“I was told that the Boppy was a waste of money, but I can’t live without mine. A regular pillow just isn’t a good substitute.” —Jen C.
“A Boppy. You. Need. A. Boppy. In. Your. Life!” —foiledagain79
26. Diaper Genie, to secure your used diapers and make sure they don’t stink up the joint.
“For disposable diapers. SERIOUSLY. Nobody wants to live in a house that smells like old dirty diapers and Febreeze. Just remember to take the bags out of the house once they’re full, or you’ve pretty much defeated the purpose.” —Chelsea C.
28. Gerber Flannel Burp Cloths, to help with the spit up.
There is a tremendous amount of stuff that’s going to come out of your baby…like a lot. Being prepared with a variety of burping cloths will help prevent messes, but also clean them up when they inevitably happen.
Recommended by kratta95
29. Babyganics Alcohol-Free Hand Sanitizing Wipes, to make sure everywhere you go is germ-free.
“Disinfecting wipes to wipe down public changing tables. I see parents put their little ones down on the bare plastic and proceed to change a poopy diaper. That means your child would lay directly on surfaces covered in other babies’ poop! Think of sitting on a bare toilet. Yuck!” —Diana Duran, Facebook
30. Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker, to get instant formula bottles without any of the mess.
“It’s like a Keurig for baby formula. It warms the water and adds the correct amount of formula. It’s amazing for those 3 a.m. feedings or anytime. Because if something makes your life easier as a parent you should definitely buy it!” —Courtney J.
31. Dr. Brown’s BPA Free Natural Flow Baby Bottles, because hands down, these are the best bottles out there.
“They reduce the amount of air your baby takes in while drinking.” —Jena V.
33. Sposie Booster Pads Diaper Doubler, to help prevent bedtime accidents.
“I’m surprised not many people know about them. My son peed through his diaper at night and would wake up early, wet, and cranky. The pee pads help get him through the night with dry sheets and dry PJs. These are a staple.” —Laurel C.
34. Philips Avent Soothie Pacifier, so you can have backups of the pacifiers that you got at the hospital.
You’ll see a lot of these pacifiers, mainly because your child will love them, but also because it’s the pacifier your hospital will give you when your baby first arrives. They’re BPA free, easy to handle, and, of course, will help calm your tiny little bundle of joy.
Recommended by Sdaloia on Facebook.
35. Bamboobies Super-Soft Washable Nursing Pads, to sooth a mother’s nipple and absorb the inevitable leakage.
“Washable cloth nursing pads like Bamboobies are the cat’s meow because the disposable paper options are way harsh, man.” —Lisa S.
37. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller, so you can transport all your kids at once.
“It was a lifesaver when my second came along. Baby goes in front (carrier adaptable) and there is a bench in the back that your toddler can either sit and be buckled in to or stand and get off of whenever they feel like it. It also had great storage space and wasn’t as bulky as a side-by-side double stroller.” —Bbpossum
39. Enfamil Infant Baby Formula Nursette Bottles, to have formula bottles ready at the drop of a hat.
“A lifesaver for a baby that formula feeds! It fits in any diaper bag/purse - just pop the nipple and it’s ready to drink! It’s the perfect snack size, it’s quick, and it;s definitely a must-have for any meltdowns, after doctor appointment shots, etc.!” —Anne U.
40. Regalo Easy Step Walk Thru Gate, to give yourself some barriers.
“The step thru is so key, no more climbing over baby gates! The latch is baby-proof but still very easy/quick for adults to open. Super easy to install and comes with an extension for wider doorways and screws/attachments for stairways. Best $32 spent!” —Lisa S.
41. Zutano Newborn Cozie Fleece Booties, to avoid losing a million socks.
These booties will really be the only footwear your baby will need. Their stretchable material grows as your baby does, the cute design will look stylish with anything (because you know you want a stylish baby), and they stay on, so you never have to retrace your steps and see where one might have fallen. They’re also very warm and cozy and wash and dry very easily.
Recommended by mindyn3
Price: $15 - $25
42. Blooming Bath, to keep baby still during bath time.
“Not only was it cute for pictures, but he also didn’t slide around all over the place.” —Lacey A.
43. iBaby Monitor, so you can basically have eyes in the back of your head.
“BEST MONITOR EVER! I’ve been in other states and can still connect to see my baby when I’m away on business. Clear screen, night and day vision, you can move the monitor on your screen to get better angels, you can play music on it, talk to your baby and record and take pictures! It’s completely private too. No one can view unless they have the username and password you set up. It’s been a life saver after having two monitors break (gifts).” —Loed
“Invest in a good video monitor.” —Katy G.
44. Medela Breast Pump, to be able to breastfeed on the go.
“For breastfeeding moms, the #1 life-saving product is a breast pump. Splurge! I went about four weeks without one after I had my son, and I can’t tell you how much it saved my life and my sanity.” —RH
45. Little Partners Learning Tower, so your child can join you at the counter.
“So they can do things at counter height while you desperately try to scrape together some semblance of a dinner.” —Lisa S.
46. Ziploc Bags, because they’ll quickly become your favorite form of storage.
“I pack everything from food to bottles to toys and clothes in ziplock-type bags, and I like to have a few empty ones with me. Makes packing up the diaper bag, and then finding anything in it a cinch because it keeps the bag tidy. And it’s a lifesaver when bottles or food containers break or leak, or when you need to change a diaper, but there’s no garbages around, or for storing used cloth diapers, wet swimsuits, and soiled clothes till you get home. So many uses — I can’t live without them! (Well, I guess I could, but why would I want to?!)” —Grant
Price: $23 for the multi-size variety pack
47. And last but not least, the one thing all parents need but that will only be found when baby is born, love.
“My kid is damn near 13 and she’s still thriving on my love and snuggles. Which is pretty much all I can remember from the baby/toddler stages.” —Elana Orozco, Facebook
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.
Want to be featured in similar BuzzFeed posts? Follow the BuzzFeed Community on Facebook and Twitter!
If you can’t see the signup box above, just go here to sign up for the BuzzFeed Gift Guide newsletter!
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- Women are arguing about whether people who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- Spencer's Gifts is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many are saying normalizes sexual assault.