53 Ways To Upgrade Your Whole Life In 2022 That Don't Require A Ton Of Work
The bar for 2022 is low but our hopes... our hopes are also low — so here are some ways to maybe make it better.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Help prevent back pain with a comfortable, adjustable, and easy-to-use posture corrector designed to assist with your back's alignment and stability. In time, it develops your back's muscle memory which will then hold your back straight even without it. It's also discreet enough to wear under your shirt or blouse.
2. Never have to struggle with your falling glasses again with a set of attachable Keepons ear hooks — they'll make sure your glasses always stay in place and don't slide down to the tip of your nose.
3. Stay organized with a set of shelf dividers for your cabinets, closets, or shelves where you maybe store your linens or anything that needs its own little space — they slide right onto the shelf.
4. Get your hands on (literally) a portable, rechargeable, electric pocket heater to keep all your little piggies (specifically the ones on your hands) warm all season long.
5. Try a bottle of Optix 55 Fog Gone spray which can be used to help clear up the fogginess your glasses experience when you're wearing a mask — I actually use this, and it works pretty well. The key is to make sure and gently rub it in with a lens cloth. From my experience, it doesn't stop your glasses from fogging but rather it makes the fog disappear SUPER quickly. You do have to use it every day and it's not 100% but it's WAY better than just going out there with nothing.
6. Or just go with a Japanese cotton 3-D face mask that's designed specifically to help keep your glasses from fogging up.
7. Help fight the potential of a hangover with a bottle of Drop It Wine Drops — it naturally reduces sulfites and tannins in wine which are what can lead to those horrible headaches. Just put a few drops into your glass and it gets to work in just about 20 seconds.
8. Never worry about a loose ponytail again with a pack of slide-proof hairpins that'll help you secure your updo for hours and hours.
9. Get a compact coffee mug warmer so you never have to worry about that forgotten cup of coffee on your desk that gets ice cold before you finally have a chance to drink it.
10. Try a diligent little humidifier tank cleaner to help prevent dirt build-up and clean for up to 30 days without any harsh substances or chemicals.
11. Make preparing food a little easier with a genius little chicken shredder — just plop your entire piece of chicken (leg, thigh, whatever) into this bad boy, put the lid on, and rotate it a few times. You'll have perfectly shredded chicken for your favorite recipes with like barely any effort.
12. Spend some time cleaning up the precious jewelry you already have with a Diamond Dazzle Stik — this will help polish your jewels and make them shine bright like...well, like a diamond.
13. Keep your vaccine card protected with a leather holder — it also has a key ring for safe travels in the event you need to bring it with you somewhere.
14. Make your toilet time a little easier with a Squatty Potty that'll position you in a way that makes your poop pass through more comfortably!
15. Try a bottle of ECOS Shower Cleaner which uses tea tree oil and aloe vera to help prevent messes like soap scum, hard water stains, mold, and mildew. Plus there's no need to scrub, wipe, or rinse — just spray after every shower and walk away. It helps extend the time between deep cleanings. AND it's made without dyes, parabens, phosphates, or phthalates — basically there isn't any of the bad stuff.
16. Stop suffering through your mornings and get yourself a dishwasher-safe airtight cold-brew maker that'll give you a nice pick-me-up right out of your fridge.
17. If you're like me and love having some extra cushion around your knees when you're sleeping, try a memory foam wedge pillow that might just help you get a better night's rest.
18. A roll-on Migrastil Migraine Stick made with a combination of essential oils that can help soothe away the pains and symptoms caused by headaches — everyday, annoying headaches that literally everyone causes you.
19. Splurge on an investment-worthy Zadro towel warmer — just drop in your towel before you go into the shower and in 15 minutes a deliciously cuddly towel will be ready to greet you.
20. Make life better with brownies AND a Baker's Edge brownie pan, because everyone deserves to enjoy the magic of a corner piece.
21. For the love of everything, use a reliable and super sturdy bike helmet designed to look like a baseball cap — I am always astonished at the number of ADULTS I see riding bikes without a helmet. Just flying down rodes, past giant metal cars that could take you out with a swing of a door. Do they think their heads won't splatter on the sidewalk because they're a grown-up?
22. Try a full-body vibrating mat with 10 motor-vibration mattress pads and soothing warmth to help alleviate any back and muscle pains.
23. Keep your phalanges protected during these cold winter months with a genius ice cream cozy that'll make your favorite pint that much easier to eat — your little fingers are gonna thank you!
24. Help spot treat any pimples with a pack of hydrocolloid, tea tree, calendula oil, and CICA-infused acne patches — just place them over any that pop up on your face and watch as they disappear in no time.
25. Never struggle with lighting your favorite candles again thanks to a very handy USB candle lighter perfect for getting those almost used up candles you can't reach with anything else.
26. Try a silk pillowcase so you can sleep in the lap of luxury — a luxury that just so happens to be totally hypoallergenic, helps retain hair moisture and reduce frizziness, and is recommended by dermatologists to minimize fine lines.
27. Bring a bundle of fresh eucalyptus into your shower and help make your everyday ritual even more relaxing — the steam from your shower or bath helps the soothing fragrance release and fill the air.
28. Make mornings a little easier with a totally soothing Wake Up Light Sunrise Alarm Clock that simulates the sunrise, so waking up (at any time) feels totally natural — because let's be real, these days, time is just a concept.
29. Get a pack of bedsheet suspenders so you can finally keep those pesky bed corners covered and never have to be bothered by them again.
30. Make washing dishes super easy with a pair of reusable silicone gloves designed with scrubbers on the palm so you can scrub away all those messes while protecting your hands.
31. Get a pack of bra strap clips to hold everything in place and stop you from doing the grab for your sliding straps every 20 seconds. As we get into the warmer months, these are especially great for any tank tops!
32. If your space is a little too noisy, get an under-door draft stopper you can easily slide in or even place in windows to help seal any gaps that may allow noise (and heat) to travel through.
33. Try a soothing, light, and clean aromatherapy mist you can spray onto your linens for a relaxing and rejuvenating scent that'll help put you at ease.
34. Get yourself some quality me time with a luxurious spa bath pillow that'll suction right on to your tub and make THE best spot to take a nap.
35. And while you're practicing your me time, use a pack of beautiful Cleverfy Aromatherapy Shower Steamers just in case maybe you aren't big on baths but want a little pampering during your morning waterfall.
36. Bring your workspace to you with an adjustable, bamboo laptop desk designed to angle in five positions, adjust to two heights, and with a drawer so you can store stuff.
37. Please don't stop the music just because it's bath time, get a water-resistant Bluetooth speaker you'll easily be able to take everywhere — even the shower.
38. If you struggle to get to sleep because of all the bright lights from your electronics get a pack of light dimming stickers designed specifically to cover those constant blinking LED lights that brighten your room.
39. Get a very handy Instant Pot Magnetic Cheat Sheet Set filled with so much useful information — like cooking times and liquid ratios — you can make your favorite Instant Pot recipes even easier than before.
40. Try a super relaxing acupressure mat and pillow massage set designed with thousands of spikes that are precisely located to gently press into your back, neck, and head helping you release tension in your muscles.
41. Give yourself a fresh start in the morning with a ice roller whose cooling and calming effects can help lower your body temp and reduce puffiness.
42. STOP BITING YOUR NAILS IN 2022!! Commit to a bottle of Mavala Stop — a handy little formula that's bitter but totally harmless, so every time you put your hands in your mouth it tastes so bad that you won't want to do it again!
43. Relax with a beautifying herbal blend facial steam made with a perfect mix of nourishing botanicals that'll help hydrate your skin.
44. Try a pair of copper-infused arch supports for help with swelling and to increase circulation — it also helps give some relief to arch and heel issues by lifting the plantar fascia tissue.
45. Stop dealing with loose (dirty) laces and get a pair of no-tie elastic laces designed to keep your favorite sneakers securely on without the struggle of having to lace and unlace them every time.
46. Keep unsightly cords hidden with a genius and super discreet three-outlet power strip that's designed to look like your already existing plug while helping you keep the cords organized.
47. Don't forget to drink enough water throughout the day with this 20 oz. water bottle designed to help you keep track of exactly how much you're drinking and make sure you're staying hydrated — just slide a colorful band up each time you finish the water in a full bottle!
48. Try a very comfy stability cushion designed to fit on top of any chair and help you improve your posture.
49. Relax with a compression eye mask that's great for anyone who suffers from headaches, migraines, sinus pain...or who just needs to decompress.
50. Try out a long-lasting HyperChiller designed to use regular water to chill drinks, sometimes in under a minute — plus it's dishwasher-safe!
51. Get to sleep using a wireless sleep headphone headband designed with Bluetooth, ultra-thin HD stereo speakers that make it perfect for sleeping, workouts, air travel, and meditation.
52. Keep track of your progress with a water-resistant Amazfit Band 5 Fitness Tracker designed with Alexa built in, a 15-day battery life, and music controls, plus it'll monitor your sleep, blood oxygen, and heart rate.
53. Make breakfast a breeze by using a genius Whiskware pancake batter mixer that's designed with a BlenderBall wire whisk — just drop in the ingredients to make your favorite pancake batter, shake up the bottle, and use the spout to drop the perfect amount onto the griddle. It's that easy!
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.