38 Easy Tips And Small Projects To Give Your Space An Upgrade
A stick-on subway tile backsplash or pretty soap dispensers for your shower can make a huge difference.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Add some peel-and-stick wallpaper to freshen up your space and give it some dimension and texture — it's also easily removable for when you're ready to change things up or move out.
2. If your space is a little too noisy, get an under-door draft stopper you can easily slide in or even place in windows to help seal any gaps that may allow noise (and heat) to travel through.
3. Get organized with a set of shelf dividers for your cabinets, closets, or shelves where you maybe store your linens or anything that needs its own little space — they slide right onto the shelf.
4. Keep unsightly cords hidden with a genius and super discreet three-outlet power strip that's designed to look like your already existing plug while helping you keep the cords organized.
5. If you're a renter, or just not ready to invest in a whole new backsplash, try a temporary peel-and-stick subway tile backsplash to give your kitchen (or bathroom) an upgrade that doesn't require any actual tiling work.
6. Or go with a little more color with a peel-and-stick faux-gel tile backsplash that's mold-, heat-, and moisture-resistant.
7. Attach a set of magnetic decorative hinges to give your garage door that carriage look without that carriage price — and they're magnetic so they don't require any drilling or tools, just stick them on and bam! Instant curb appeal.
8. Install a super simple hexagonal-shaped shelf designed with three adhesive bands on the back that can store up to four pounds — so no drilling needed.
9. Buy some stainless steel and glass soap dispensers to really class up the inside of your shower. And they're super easy to refill!
10. Fill your shelves with perfectly coordinated books sets that'll help make your shelves look like they belong in the pages of an interior design magazine.
11. Give any room in your home a glamorous touch with room-darkening velvet curtains that'll help in your quest to sleep in a little later.
12. Throw a set of gorgeously lush velvet pillow covers on your favorite pillows to lend a little color and texture to any room in your house.
13. Keep your memories alive and give your home some personalization with a guided gallery wall kit that includes everything you need to create one — including seven frames, a hanging template, hardware, and even some pretty black-and-white prints that you can use or replace.
15. Bring in more light to any space, especially with something like this leather table lamp, to warm it up and make it feel way cozier.
16. Add a bold and beautiful houseplant to help bring any room to life — just make sure you follow the provided tips to keep it alive.
18. Consider a five-step decorative ladder to store and display your throw blankets, bath towels, or scarves.
19. Bring your table to life with a stackable set of geometrically shaped storage trays you can potentially use as plates in a very beautiful table setting.
20. You don't need to break the bank to get a beautiful area rug: This medallion area rug comes in a variety of colors and sizes to fit your decor style, plus its refined loom makes it great for anyone with pets!
21. If books are your thing, try a unique and fun set of cactus bookends to securely keep your books in place and that give your space a little personality.
22. Place an embossed faux-alligator decorative tray on your coffee table or ottoman to have a spot to hold all your little treasures.
23. Update your bathroom with a resin-coated fabric shower curtain designed with dangling tassels so you can make your bathroom look like a bohemian dream.
24. If you're dealing with some outdated countertops, try covering them up with a roll of easy-to-apply marble-print contact paper.
25. You could even try a roll of the adhesive chalkboard contact paper so you can turn your boring old walls and surfaces into usable and fun spaces your kids (and let's not lie, you) will love.
26. If you're tired of spending countless dollars on flowers that just die on you, try a bundle of faux jasmine flowers that'll add a delicate statement to any room — without the need to replace them every week.
28. Give your old and tattered hand-me-down furniture a fun and unique coat of chalked paint — it'll provide all your pieces a soft matte, cozy look.
29. Get comfortable in bed with a magnificently soft three-piece, 1,500-thread-count duvet cover for when you want to feel like you're sleeping at the Four Seasons without leaving the comfort of your own home.
30. Or try a luxe microfiber quilt set complete with a quilt and two pillow shams for everything you need to make your bed the most inviting place in town. ::wink:: ::wink::
31. Bring the inside out with an outdoor area rug that'll make your summer nights in your yard a little cozier.
33. Let there be light...on your kitchen cabinets with a set of Alexa and Google Home voice-controlled LED Lights that are easily applied under and above your cabinets and that can shine in up to 16 million color options. MILLION.
34. Get yourself a simple wooden stove cover to create more counter space without having to actually build anything.
35. Add a discreet piece of storage furniture for help keeping all the stuff you want out of sight hidden away — but they also look quite nice as part of your decor setup.
36. Or go with a super cute woven basket bag to keep your linens or even a flowing plant to help with your overall aesthetic.
37. Make your tiny space seem a little bigger with perfectly placed mirrors, which will also help in your quest to capture the perfect OOTD pic for Insta.
38. Freshen up the air with a set of the prettiest pink peony reed diffusers — they're made of a super porous sola material that will absorb the scent and colors of your favorite oil fragrances. It'll basically be like having perfect flowers that never die and always smell delightful.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.