26 Home DIY Products With Review Photos That Show You Really Can Do This
You got this. I believe in you.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A handy grout pen – with a little elbow grease, it can get your stained grout lines on your tiled floors and walls looking like new again. Its formula is mold-resistant and one pen can cover up to 60 meters of grout area.
2. A restorative Howard Products Wood Polish & Conditioner that uses beeswax to help give luster to any wood surface — floors, tables, legs...whatever! If you're looking to bring new life to your worn floors you might want to try this before calling on some professionals.
3. A genius and super discreet three-outlet power strip – a super easy project you can do to disguise your plugs and make them a little more seamless. As far as DIY projects go this one is as easy as it gets, you just need to plug it in.
4. A versatile Katzco Furniture Repair Kit for anyone lookin' to freshen up their wooden doors, furniture, or fixtures without having to replace them. It comes complete with six wood markers and six wax sticks all designed to match whatever wood you need fixed.
5. A roll of very handy window screen repair tape, a temporary (or not so temporary) way to repair small cuts or tears in your screen door without having to replace the whole thing.
6. A low VOC, low odor, water-based acrylic DIY paint kit so you can upgrade any of your countertops to faux granite in just about a weekend worth of work. It's ideal to help cover Formica, laminate, Corian, ceramic tile, butcher blocks, cultured marble, and traditional granite counters.
7. A set of magnetic decorative hinges to give your garage door that carriage look without that carriage price — and they're magnetic so they don't require any drilling or tools, just stick them on and bam! Instant curb appeal.
8. A roll of customizable liners designed to easily be cut to fit your drawers and hold your spices in place.
9. A set of NoNo Brackets — curtain rod brackets you can mount to your existing blinds so that you don't have to drill any holes.
10. A guided gallery wall kit that includes everything you need to create one — including seven frames, a hanging template, hardware, and even some pretty black-and-white prints that you can use or replace.
11. A dishwasher cleaner to help you get deep down in there to dissolve and remove odor-causing residue, get rid of lime and mineral buildup, and basically make your dishwasher look and work like new.
12. A bottle of the all-in-one 3M Small Hole Repair Applicator Tool that'll help you fill in any voids that might lead to you not getting your security deposit back.
13. A pretty hard to screw up liquid stainless-steel fridge kit that'll help transform your giant icebox in just about three coats.
14. A pack of three nylon brushes you attach to your drill for a super scrub you thought was only possible by professionals.
15. A soft matte and totally cozy chalked paint so you can update your old and tattered hand-me-down furniture with a fun and unique upgrade.
16. A vinyl "leaded-glass" film that'll give your windows and glass doors a little more privacy while looking super expensive.
18. A super simple recess lighting conversion kit so you can finally install the pendant lighting you've been eyeing.
19. Or if you really like your lighting but just want a new look, an easy-to-install medallion can help add a little character.
21. A fillable touch-up paint pen for those quick fixes on anything that's showing signs of wear and tear.
22. A peel-and-stick subway tile backsplash to give your kitchen (or bathroom) an upgrade that doesn't require any actual tiling work.
23. Or go for a peel-and-stick faux-gel tile backsplash that's mold-, heat-, and moisture-resistant.
24. An easily installed peel-and-stick wallpaper that can also be easily removed when it's time to get your security deposit back.
25. A one-day cabinet makeover kit to give your kitchen that just-remodeled feeling for pennies versus what it would cost to replace them.
26. And a roll of vinyl wrap film so you can also upgrade your old counters or tabletops — it's a temporary solution that'll last a long time and won't cost a small fortune.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.