We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us about the times they totally embarrassed themselves in front of their favourite celebrities. Here are some of their most weird and wonderful responses...
2. "When my mom was 19, she went to California with her friends. They were in a cab stuck in L.A. traffic, looked over and saw Stevie Wonder in a town car next to them, and immediately started freaking out and waving at him, so starstuck they completely forgot that he was blind. His driver saw and laughed and turned back and said something to him and Stevie Wonder looked at my mom and her friends and waved."
Submitted by Morgan Tonning, Facebook
3. "Bill Clinton was playing golf at our military club in the midst of his recent scandal with Monica Lewinsky (I was 8 years old). My first indiscretion was the fact that I was wearing a Republican National Convention shirt when I shook his hand. The second was when I casually said, 'So, how's Monica?' I've never been led out of an establishment faster in my life... My dad still won't speak of it to this day."
Submitted by mguardthepea
4. "Once, I met Jack Black at Heathrow Airport. I got so excited that I kind of threw up near his shoes. I'll never get that moment back."
Submitted by Justine Adams, Facebook
5. "When I was 2, my mom and aunt and I followed a Bob Dylan tour. My mom and aunt discovered he was staying in the same hotel as us when they saw him swimming in the pool. My mom literally threw me in the pool so Bob Dylan would save my life. I wish I were kidding."
Submitted by Sara Benjamin Takacs, Facebook
7. "I got to be an extra in an NSYNC video when I was 19. During the shoot, I was in a crowd right below Justin Timberlake on the set stage. I wanted to talk to him so badly, but I didn't know what to say, so I called out, 'Hey, Justin! Want to see something weird?' He shrugged, and before he could verbally answer, I proceeded to twist my arm 360 degrees. He made a face that was a mixture of disgust and pity. What was I thinking?!"
Submitted by Karen Uyenco, Facebook
8. "When the Twilight movies were filming in Vancouver, I was out to dinner with friends and we were talking about how Dakota Fanning was in the movie they were filming... And then she walked into the place with her mom. I loudly exclaimed, 'Speak of the devil!' She looked at me like I was a real weirdo."
Submitted by Alexandra Sojka, Facebook
9. "Back in 2009, I had just found out I was pregnant and I was flying out of LAX. As soon as we boarded, all my pregnancy senses could smell were the remnants of puke on my seat cushion. I started gagging and there was a huge commotion while the flight attendants had to switch out the seat cover. After I finally got settled in, I looked over and Ryan Gosling was sitting across from me, pretending not to notice me and my ridiculousness. Needless to say, aside from a few glances, I pretended not to notice him for the five-hour flight as well..."
Submitted by kband
11. "I went to Disneyland when I was 5 and the Ghostbusters were there promoting the second film. We were waiting in line to shake hands and meet them and, being a 5-year-old, my finger was up my nose. We got to the front of the line and were getting ready to shake Bill Murray's hand, so I took my finger out of my nose and held it out to him. He pulled back and was like, 'Nope!' I don't blame him."
Submitted by Christian Brown, Facebook
12. "When I met Jared Padalecki, the first words out of my mouth were, 'You're so pretty!' He laughed and said, 'Keep going!' I may have died a little inside."
Submitted by Jessica Hummel, Facebook
13. "I went to see a She & Him concert in my city, and I waited outside the stage door with a bunch of people who were there to see Zooey Deschanel. When M. Ward came out, only me and one other person walked up to him. I was so nervous that I went to shake his hand and managed to tell him, 'Your fingers are so good, they're magic!' I of course meant his guitar skills... I'm not sure that's how he understood it."
Submitted by Anne-Marie Bouchard, Facebook
15. "I met Tegan and Sara backstage after their show a year ago, and the first thing I said to them was, 'Oh my god, meeting you is like meeting Santa!'"
Submitted by Jordi Ilić, Facebook
16. "I got to meet Brad Paisley and his wife. I was so excited I stammered and blurted out, 'I love Father of the Bride' while I was looking at Brad. He just laughed and said, 'Thank you, but I'm not in that movie.'"
Submitted by Bobbi Eddington Snell, Facebook
17. "When I was in third grade, I went to a sports bar with my family, and there was a table with some famous guy my family made a big deal about. They sent me over there with my Lisa Frank notebook to get an autograph. When I very politely requested it, Michael Douglas took the pencil and good-naturedly asked with a chuckle, 'Do you even know who I am?' I replied, 'No, but my grandma does.'"
Submitted by jesscanteven
18. "I go to a lot of comic book conventions, and I've met a lot of my celebrity idols there... Natalia Tena (Tonks from Harry Potter and Osha from Game of Thrones) was in attendance at Dragon Con, and being a huge fan of both Harry Potter and Game of Thrones, I HAD to meet her and get her autograph. When it was my turn in line to get autographs and a photo with her, I blurted out that 'it was awkward seeing Tonks naked and boinking Theon on Game of Thrones, but you have an awesome body.'"
Submitted by Jenna Johnson, Facebook
20. "I was working at the Golden Globes in 2006 at the Beverly Hilton in L.A. After the show, my friends and I were wandering around, taking photos by the red carpet and in the lobby, when Uncle Jesse himself, John Stamos, walked in front of us. I wish I could say I played it cool, but I instead yelled, 'STAMOS!!! You're hot.' Then I winked at him. What the hell, me?!"
Submitted by Canz
21. "When I was 8 years old, my mom took me to Toys 'R' Us, but when we tried to walk in, a security guard told us the store was closed to the public because Michael Jackson was inside. When he came out, I yelled at him and told him that he was a 'grown-ass man' and it was mean to keep children out of a toy store."
Submitted by Samantha Corwin, Facebook
22. "I met Tom Felton at SuperMegaFest two years ago, and 12-year-old me loved Tom Felton. I had planned to be super cool, but when it was my turn to meet him, he said hi and I immediately forgot how to person. I turned bright red and started giggling, and when he told me he liked my shirt, I shoved out my arm and said, 'It's super soft! You can touch it!'"
Submitted by Lauren Fedorka, Facebook